PDA

View Full Version : What are your favorite Beverages - Camp, Cabin, Trail, or Shore Lunch?

pgvoutdoors
03-27-2011, 08:45 PM
I was giving it some thought, over the years I've been apart of hundreds of groups on outdoor outings; backpacking, canoeing, hunting, fishing and so on. I've come to realize that many people have a favorite beverage while in the field. Something that hits the spot at that favorite time of the day. The type of outing also seems to makes a difference. On a hard backpacking trip, cold clean water is the best. At a shore lunch while fly fishing, I have to go with the traditional Guinness beer. Hot coffee any morning and evening works for me.

Do you have a favorite beverage while in the field?

Justin Case
03-27-2011, 09:01 PM
Beer, Beer,Beer and last but not least Beer ! ;)

kidding,,,, Coffee in camp in the morning,, Water during the day,,

woodsman86
03-27-2011, 09:05 PM
During the warm weather, it is water and Coors Light or a micro-brew. In the cold weather, I have to go with Gentleman Jack. I never been a big coffee drinker, but it is nice when I am dragging a little.

randyt
03-27-2011, 09:14 PM
I drink a hot drink made from a cup of hot water and a tablespoon of molasses. I also make a drink from a quart of cold water, spoon of molasses, a spoon of vinegar and a pinch of ginger. Be darned if I can remember what it's called.

FVR
03-27-2011, 09:52 PM
Nothing beats good whiskey around a fire. I do make a good jug of Apple Pie, now and then.

roar-k
03-28-2011, 10:44 AM
I do not drink and still have never had a beer. Out of the dozens of Heineken pots I have made I just dump it out. I can see the horror on your all's faces!

Cold water in the field and at camp I will take a cold water as well.

oldsoldier
03-30-2011, 05:18 PM
Dos Equis XX

randyt
03-30-2011, 05:35 PM
if we're talking beer, give me a cellar temp moosehead or something along those lines.

Winter
03-30-2011, 09:55 PM
I tend to not have room in my ruck for beer. Been doing blackberry brandy lately. Coffee is life itself and cold as penguin privates water is just wonderful.

Reverend Greg
03-31-2011, 12:01 AM
Coffee,Coke and Hydrogen Dioxide...In that Order....Well I Do Love some down home style sweet iced tea...OOOOO,and Guinness or Merlot(47lb rooster)...Or Woodford Reserve....Red Hawaiian Punch!
(G)

Winter
03-31-2011, 12:06 AM
Greg, The only time I really enjoyed wine was around a campfire after steaks. A wet wine and grilled beef is wonderful.

canid
03-31-2011, 12:36 AM
camp: coffee
cabin: beer (or whatever homebrew is ready)
trail: water
shore lunch? i've usually got coffee with me whenever i'm on the water, so probably that again.

I should add that with the addition of milk; these are just about my only beverage choices day to day.

BH51
04-01-2011, 01:54 PM
Water, strong coffee, and light beer on occasion......Whiskey is alright
in moderation colder temperatures as to sit camp fire....Wine and milk?
just ain't me................................................ ......................BH51.

Rick
04-01-2011, 03:59 PM
Coffee in the morning. Decaffinated iced tea at lunch and powdered milk at the evening meal. I like those powdered drinks that come in the MREs, too.

roar-k
04-01-2011, 04:26 PM
If I could have ice cold chocolate milk on the trail that would be my choice.

Rick
04-01-2011, 07:54 PM
Buy a cow to tag along in the winter. Problem solved. Your welcome.

Reverend Greg
04-01-2011, 08:54 PM
I find that a good wine is really Nice....I love Imperial Kir from Blue teal vineyards In Deming NM...I just cant get it Here In Georgia.When Im on the Trail I only drink water...But In camp I will drink Coffee,tea,refer to previous Post.
(G)

1stimestar
04-02-2011, 02:38 AM
Coffee is a must have for me. Out backpacking I normally only drink coffee and water. Sometimes I'll bring a small bottle of Bailey's but since there are grizzlies where I go, I don't ever have more then a nip or two. It's not a situation you want to get a buzz in. Plus, it's heavy! If I am camping with the kids, I bring Cokes normally but since we have quit drinking those as of this winter, we'll just stick to water and Koolaid with maybe an occassional beer or wine for mamma.

gordy
04-03-2011, 02:07 AM
Tea is my morning drink, it's much more refreshing than coffee IMHO. I'll take a bottle of captain morgans rum with me as well.