PDA

View Full Version : St Patricks Day Meal

Justin Case
03-10-2011, 02:51 PM
Well,, St Paddy's day is on March 17th,,, Please share the recipes for whatever meal you plan to prepare :)

I was just thinking about the traditional Corned Beef and Cabbage,,mmmmm :) But I am also interested in your ideas/plans :) :creepy:

hunter63
03-10-2011, 03:11 PM
Well,, St Paddy's day is on March 17th,,, Please share the recipes for whatever meal you plan to prepare :)

I was just thinking about the traditional Corned Beef and Cabbage,,mmmmm :) But I am also interested in your ideas/plans :) :creepy:

There isn't any other St, Paddy's day fare, is there?
Corned beef and cabbage, w/ soda bread.

FYI
About now is the best time of the year for buying corned beef.
We buy a bunch of them and freeze them.

Justin Case
03-10-2011, 03:20 PM
There isn't any other St, Paddy's day fare, is there?
Corned beef and cabbage, w/ soda bread.

FYI
About now is the best time of the year for buying corned beef.
We buy a bunch of them and freeze them.

Man thats the truth,, I was just at the store and the lady in fron of me was trying to buy 8 corned beef briskets.... The store limit was only 2, so she wanted to keep the 2 biggest ones,,,, they were around $5.50 each,,, not sure how much they weighed , but they looked pretty big,,,

Hunter, You bring up something interesting,,,,,,,, Just how many ways can you prepare corned beef brisket ? I have only known of boiling the stuff ..?

Winnie
03-10-2011, 03:21 PM
Crubeens, Colcannon with Guinness Gravy. Icecream and Baileys for dessert. That's if I bothered with a Paddy's meal. Personally I just have the liquid alternative- plenty of the Black stuff and a good Craic.(even though I'm English and proud of it, i'm never one to pass up a party!)

Justin Case
03-10-2011, 03:24 PM
Crubeens, Colcannon with Guinness Gravy. Icecream and Baileys for dessert. That's if I bothered with a Paddy's meal. Personally I just have the liquid alternative- plenty of the Black stuff and a good Craic.(even though I'm English and proud of it, i'm never one to pass up a party!)

LOL,, Winnie,,,,,, I have NO IDEA what that stuff is ????? :)

Winnie
03-10-2011, 03:36 PM
Crubeens= Pigs Trotters(feet) Croquettes type thingies, Colcannon= mashed Potato, Cabbage and Sping Onion. Liquid alternative = Guinness or Caffreys depending on the Pub, some Pubs can't keep Guiness properly.

Justin Case
03-10-2011, 03:42 PM
Crubeens= Pigs Trotters(feet) Croquettes type thingies, Colcannon= mashed Potato, Cabbage and Sping Onion. Liquid alternative = Guinness or Caffreys depending on the Pub, some Pubs can't keep Guiness properly.

Hmmmm,,,, I'll stick with the brisket :) :)

(although,, i have tried a pigs foot or two from the jar at a bar i used to frequent,,,,,,,, but I can't remember if i liked it or not) ;)

Old GI
03-10-2011, 06:16 PM
The 1/4 of me that's Irish dictates corned beef and cabbage with boiled potatoes.

OhioGrizzLapp
03-10-2011, 06:44 PM
Corned Beef, Taters and biskits............Oh and 1 shot Irish Whiskey and One Irish Beer...... A Duncan Depthcharge is what I call it... just drop the whiskey shotglass full of whiskey into the mug of beer and drink......

I have already traded for the corned beef briskit 9.5 lbs, already cooked and vac packed and ready to eat.....

Justin Case
03-13-2011, 05:13 PM
Well,, I guess its gonna be the traditional Corned Beef and cabbage :)

canid
03-13-2011, 05:36 PM
they always sell napa cabbage cheap for folks this time of year. somehow, nothing says irish heritage cuisine like new world california cabbage?

i buy kale. not nearly as tender but it tastes better and has been a staple cultivated green in the isles for over 1000 years.

colcannon is another great option, and like rumbledethumps/stovies/etc. is a fine solution for leftovers.

canid
03-13-2011, 05:38 PM
of course a Guinness and a small one. excellent digestif.

Justin Case
03-13-2011, 05:40 PM
LOL,, can't forget the Guinness ;)