PDA

View Full Version : Question for Illinois hunters

Camp10
03-06-2011, 04:58 PM
I have been invited on a bow hunt for whitetail in southern Illinois and need to know from the people who hunt there what kind of permits, etc are involved. It looks like I have to buy about 4 different licenses in order to hunt. There is a general license, a deer license, some kind of stamp (???) and then a doe tag. The costs for non residents are high, so I dont want to buy anymore then I really need to take a buck and maybe a doe. Someone please help me out!

Oh, how do the seasons work there? It looks like you can only hunt for a few days then you have to wait a week and hunt a few more....? I've read up on it about a year ago and thought that before I confused myself, I would ask.

Thanks!

Rick
03-06-2011, 09:23 PM
Camp - I've been away over 22 years so I can't give you much info. Call the DNR at this office. It's the southern district headquarters for the DNR. They should be able to answer any questions you have. This office is six miles north of where I was born and raised.

Region V
11731 State Highway 37
Benton, IL 62812
618-435-8138

What county are you hunting and where are you staying?

Camp10
03-07-2011, 06:48 AM
I'm not sure what county I'm heading to. I know the owner refers to the property as " in southern Il" but I can get that info tomorrow. Thanks for the contact info.