PDA

View Full Version : Opps!

dilligaf2u2
01-20-2008, 10:06 AM
I thought, I had done an intro some time ago. I could not find it. So here goes.

I am Don or Dill to my friends. Dill is short for DILLIGAF2U2 which was my call sign way back in my army days.

Do
I
Look
I
Give
A
F Fish (or any other F word you may choose to use)
2 (As in too)
U (as in You)
2 (as in too)

I am a camper. I took a lot of survival courses on the subject when I was in the US Army. I hit all the continents and a total of 28 country's. I call 30 days or more as being in a country. China was only 21 days the first time and 18 the second. Cuba was only 28 days, so I did not count them. There are others, I do not count. I have been to both poles! I counted them.

I have TDW(The Dear Wife) that goes camping with me and I have TGF(The girl friend) That goes with us or TGF and TDW (leaving me home to do the chores)go or TGF and I. Girl as in female and friend as in companion. I have known TGF for over 20 years. Her husband and I used to work together and hunt together. Her idea was to chase the local wolfs away by saying she had a BF and I was it.

I do more car camping with the girls. Alone I do the over the mountain and threw the woods stuff. Up and down the Grand Canyon and across the flats here in the north west of New Mexico.

I do make some of my own gear and I do try to keep it light. Light in my eyes is anything I can carry across a stream or up a mountain.

I have a pantry that would make the local Mormon Women drool. Food for the 3 of us to last better then a year. Water filters and power is all set up as well. If, and I do not expect it, TSHTF I will be able to cover our asp's adequately.

Bush-craft and camping is a hobby. I am not interested in living like my great-great-great grand dad did those many years ago. If it comes to it, I could. TDW and TGF both have health issues that would make it extra hard, if not impossible, on them. I have health issues as well but do not need or want a doc messing with me and I could adjust, adapt and overcome. If I can not? Well I won't be around to complain about it. Will I?

I am Don

I so love spell check!

beerrunner13
01-20-2008, 01:42 PM
Hey Dill see your back up and around feeling any better.

dilligaf2u2
01-23-2008, 09:53 PM
Joe (Beerrunner) I can walk and I can run but the doc said I would not be able to play the tuba. Now I am so glad I never learned!

I am getting around the house ok. Still a bit sore and bruised. TDW healed from the push I had to give her. Her back side was mean looking the next day.

For others that do not know! I was hit by a car. He was sliding on the ice and lost control. I pushed TDW out of the way and took the brunt of the impact on my left side. I did not break anything but I am bent and twisted a bit.

Some therapy and a few hot baths along with time and I will be my old, mean, ugly, self again. The braces are off and I am getting around the house ok now.

Don

nell67
01-24-2008, 04:01 AM
DILL! OUCH! thats rough,glad you are getting better and TDW is healed as well,hard enough taking an imacpt with another vehicle when you are in one yourself,but to take a car one on one,you are one tough cookie!!Take it easy.

Rick
01-24-2008, 07:36 AM
I hope you have a quick recovery, Don and it's good to see you back.

dilligaf2u2
01-24-2008, 09:21 AM
The car was doing no more then 15mph. He thought 4 wheel drive would give him stopping power on ice in a parking lot.

I'll be fine. I am not tuff Nell I am smart. I got TDW out of the way and rolled with the hit. I think the guys was more upset then I was. When the guy got stopped and out of the car, he asked me, as I was laying on the ground, if I was OK. I told him "Ya I always take a nap after I have been run over."

Nothing broke and TDW was her usual self yesterday so she is fine. It will take me a few more weeks to get up to snuff but I can now out run my pet snail. I bruised a few bones and the doc put me in removable braces till the muscles healed a bit but I am out of them now and looking forward to the semi truck duck and cover contest.

Don

nell67
01-24-2008, 02:12 PM
The car was doing no more then 15mph. He thought 4 wheel drive would give him stopping power on ice in a parking lot.

I'll be fine. I am not tuff Nell I am smart. I got TDW out of the way and rolled with the hit. I think the guys was more upset then I was. When the guy got stopped and out of the car, he asked me, as I was laying on the ground, if I was OK. I told him "Ya I always take a nap after I have been run over."

Nothing broke and TDW was her usual self yesterday so she is fine. It will take me a few more weeks to get up to snuff but I can now out run my pet snail. I bruised a few bones and the doc put me in removable braces till the muscles healed a bit but I am out of them now and looking forward to the semi truck duck and cover contest.

Don
Aw Don,dont do that to the semi,LOL glad you all are going to be all right,could have been much worse.