PDA

View Full Version : Unable to register

Unregistered
01-28-2011, 05:58 PM
i might be doing something wrong, but I can't seem to register for the forums.

It said the login name I wanted (Michael) was available and I filled everything out, but came up with an error saying there is a strict rule against spamming and access was denied.

I might have made it worse by trying to register again twice more lol.

My email address is leachim79@gmail.com.

If someone could help it would be much appreciated.

crashdive123
01-28-2011, 06:14 PM
Not sure why you are having trouble. One of the Administrators will look at it when they log on.

Sourdough
01-28-2011, 06:36 PM
If he/she is unregistered HOW can he/she post the post he/she posted......?

crashdive123
01-28-2011, 06:41 PM
If he/she is unregistered HOW can he/she post the post he/she posted......?

This is a new feature that Chris added just for this type of situation. It only works in this section. Without it, we'd never know that Michael was having trouble unless he sent an email to admin.

Unregistered
01-28-2011, 07:12 PM
"Not sure why you are having trouble. One of the Administrators will look at it when they log on."

- Thanks for the fast response crash, pretty sure it isn't something I am doing wrong, but perhaps has to do with the firewall here at work? Will be heading home in about 3 hours, so can try there if we dont get it figured out by then.

"If he/she is unregistered HOW can he/she post the post he/she posted......?'

He - name is Michael Lingle (will introduce myself properly in the proper forum when I can get registered).

It told me on the error I would be able to post here (and only here) unregistered. Never saw this option on another forum either Sourdough, but can see it would be very helpful in cases like this.

Rick
01-28-2011, 07:33 PM
Michael - I'm not at all certain why you encountered this error. It's possible the word "Michael" has been added to a table of words that are not allowed. I'm checking with the owner to see if that is the case. Go ahead and register using whatever name you want and if he can make Micheal available I'll change it for you. Michael1 is available if you want to try that.

I was able to replicate the error.

Rick

Michael
01-28-2011, 07:59 PM
Thanks Rick, I went with Michael1 for now, and appreciate the help.

Glad you were able to replicate the error, least it wasn't just me.

Ok off to get a bit more work done then introduce myself!

Rick
01-28-2011, 08:17 PM
No problem. Welcome home. I'll let you know what the owner says once he's had a chance to look into it.

Michael
01-28-2011, 08:30 PM
Thanks again.

Rick
01-29-2011, 10:10 AM
Michael,

I was correct about the blacklist. Apparently, someone was using the name Michael to post spam somewhere and the name was added to the blacklist to keep them out. The list is used by multiple forums and leverages off of problems each of the forums runs into. As it turns out, I can change your user name after you get past the blacklist so that's what I've done. I've changed your username to Michael and you can continue to use the password you set up. If you any problems just let us know. I sent you an email as well.

Rick