PDA

View Full Version : upgrade & login

ycc
01-11-2011, 07:27 PM
I can't log in!
I know the upgrade is going on, but I'm not so sure I remember my password either, LOL.
Thanks for lookin' into it.

Justin Case
01-11-2011, 07:31 PM
I can't log in!
I know the upgrade is going on, but I'm not so sure I remember my password either, LOL.
Thanks for lookin' into it.

try typing in your user name then just click in the password box and see if it auto fills.

crashdive123
01-11-2011, 07:31 PM
YCC - you should be able to log on now - check your password.

Unregistered
01-17-2011, 11:58 PM
It's wildWoman here - I can't log in either. When I enter my user name and password, it tells me "welcome wildWoman" but no matter if I wait for the new screen to come up or click on the "redirect" button, I'm still not logged in afterwards. Heeeeellllppp!

Pocomoonskyeyes3
01-18-2011, 12:05 AM
Nothing I can do to help.... However it does show you as "Logging In" when I view "Who's Online".

Rick
01-18-2011, 01:16 AM
Wildwoman, I was able to log in as you using IE, Safari, Chrome and Firefox. I had to change your password in order to test it. Then, I found out your email is no good so I couldn't send you a message. I changed your password to your old email thunder.......@yahoo.ca. I used the part before the @ sign. Use the whole word that precedes it and you should be able to logon. You can then change your password back or to anything you want. If you have trouble, just post here.

Unregistered
01-18-2011, 10:22 AM
Thanks Rick, but it still doesn't work. I'm on Internet Explorer. A working email address is thunder...@wildmail.com

Rick
01-18-2011, 12:10 PM
Okay, try one other thing. In IE go to Tools then Internet Options then Browsing History and select Delete. That will purge your cookies and your Crash...I mean Cache. Then try signing on. I've had to do that a time or two when things went funky on the forum. I don't know if the code embedded in the cookie gets corrupted or what it is but it has worked every time for me. Let me know.

(Purge your Crash....if only it were that simple, sigh)

Unregistered
01-18-2011, 12:42 PM
*cries* Still doesn't work. It doesn't accept the new password you assigned. I guess worst case I open up a new account.

Rick
01-18-2011, 12:48 PM
Hang on. Let me double check the password.

Rick
01-18-2011, 12:54 PM
I just sent you an email.

crashdive123
01-18-2011, 01:08 PM
I do believe that there has been some attempt at humor at my expense.

Rick
01-18-2011, 01:11 PM
Er...uh....no, no. Nothing of any consequence. Say, now this is no @@it, Two Mayans walk into a temple and I was sitting at the bar.........

crashdive123
01-18-2011, 02:07 PM
Sea Story huh?

Rick
01-18-2011, 02:08 PM
Yeah, about 2012.

Unregistered
01-18-2011, 07:54 PM
Rick, was there a number in the thunder...@yahoo.ca address? I haven't used that email in years, so I don't remember. If you email me at thunder...@wildmail.com, it should be just the letters after "thunder" and no numbers! Meaning I didn't get your email. Sorry about all the fuss.

Rick
01-18-2011, 07:56 PM
Well, it went to someone 'cause it didn't bounce. :) the number is 3 but I'll take it out for you.

Rick
01-18-2011, 08:00 PM
Okay, the number has been removed. We're going to get you on here by hook or crook!

Unregistered
01-18-2011, 08:10 PM
*with a hysterical twitch in her face by now* Still telling me it's an invalid user name or password - the new password you entered is four letters long, right? The third letter being a w?

Unregistered
01-18-2011, 08:19 PM
I give up. It doesn't work. Can you please delete the posts here with the email addresses and password and I'll register under a new name?

Rick
01-18-2011, 08:22 PM
Done!!!!!!!

wildWoman
01-18-2011, 08:32 PM
This is totally retarded - now I gave it one last try before registering under a new name, and now it suddenly worked! I'll never, ever understand how machinery works.
Thanks so much for your help, Rick - I hope this lasts, now...

Rick
01-18-2011, 08:48 PM
Welcome home, girl!!!!! Just don't ever ever ever log off!!!!!

Unregistered
01-20-2011, 09:49 PM
Me again ... Well, the new version of the forum and my computer or connection just don't jive. I got the same "welcome wildWoman" spiel again, but even though on the bottom of the page it showed that I was logged in, I wasn't (can't post or access my profile). The only way I can really log in is if I click the verification link that I was sent after I changed the email address on record in my profile the other day.
I just registered under a new user name (wintersoul) and the same problem - I could register and was sent the account verification email, but in this case, when I click on the link, I'm not logged in.
I'm sorry, I have no patience with computer stuff and my electricity doesn't just come from a wall outlet. This is too annoying and I know it's just a stupid glitch somewhere, but I'll quit here for the time being.

crashdive123
01-20-2011, 09:53 PM
I wish I knew how to fix the problem. I'll send a PM to Chris to call his attention to this thread.

Chris
01-20-2011, 10:02 PM
Sounds like a probable cookie issue. I would recommend deleting all cookies, restarting, and then trying to login normally.

Or, if you have a second browser installed that you don't normally use (ie, firefox, chrome) load it up and try using the forum with it, since they don't share cookies.

Unregistered
01-21-2011, 08:15 PM
I don't know, I clear the cookies regularly. Also, it would be a bit much to clear, restart the computer and log in every time I want to post here. Anyway, I guess it's just the computer telling me I should be out "surviving" instead of yacking about it :) Never had a problem before the changes to this forum.

ChudaJohn
01-21-2011, 10:00 PM
It's wildWoman here - I can't log in either. When I enter my user name and password, it tells me "welcome wildWoman" but no matter if I wait for the new screen to come up or click on the "redirect" button, I'm still not logged in afterwards. Heeeeellllppp!

When this happens, hit refresh and that should take care of it

cajundave
03-23-2011, 04:50 PM
hi out there,i hope i can chat with one of you.if you would like to chat with me let me know.i have had trouble geting on here,so give me a yell...

crashdive123
03-23-2011, 05:02 PM
cajun dave - are you having trouble logging on? If so, when you registered your screen name, there is a space between cajun and dave.