PDA

View Full Version : I'm new

mike k.
01-12-2008, 10:00 PM
I live in eastern Ohio. Not all that much wilderness here. However,
I am a 10 year Scout Master and do take my sons and other scouts out on camp outs and other BSA district events.
We tend to gear for surviving 2-3 days at a time. It's alot of fun and we talk alot on subjects found on your Forum. So I have an interest in this Forum's
topics

Speaking of which, I have mostly been reading the information and comments for the past few weeks. What an amazing place this is.

The internet has mostly been a research tool. This is my first stab at interaction. Something new for me.

nell67
01-12-2008, 10:01 PM
Welcome to the Wolf Pack, Mike!

Rick
01-12-2008, 10:03 PM
Welcome home. Bless you for being a Scout master. Teaching kids about the outdoors and actually taking them out and sharing with them is pretty commendable. Kids need to learn about nature and they need to be taught the skills the indigenous peoples used. I look forward to your posts.

corndog-44
01-13-2008, 12:17 AM
Welcome to the Wilderness Survival Forums.

WildGoth
01-13-2008, 01:01 AM
hola friendola

Smok
01-13-2008, 01:06 AM
Welcome :D Fresh Meat ....no .no Bad Dog

Sarge47
01-13-2008, 01:46 AM
Thought I posted this already. Welcome Mike! As anyone can tell you I hold all "Scouters" in high esteem; you guys are my heros.:D

Elkchsr
01-13-2008, 03:13 AM
Nice to meet you Mike

This is my first stab at interaction. Something new for me

I for one and would assume others will be very interested in hearing of your exploits and experiences

Especially when it comes to the kids learning curves... :)

Jay
01-13-2008, 04:16 PM
Welcome to the forum Mike.

Nativedude
01-13-2008, 11:24 PM
I live in eastern Ohio. Not all that much wilderness here. However,
I am a 10 year Scout Master and do take my sons and other scouts out on camp outs and other BSA district events.
We tend to gear for surviving 2-3 days at a time. It's alot of fun and we talk alot on subjects found on your Forum. So I have an interest in this Forum's
topics

Speaking of which, I have mostly been reading the information and comments for the past few weeks. What an amazing place this is.

The internet has mostly been a research tool. This is my first stab at interaction. Something new for me.

Welcome to the insanity Mike. Glad to have you. . .enjoy! ;) :D