PDA

View Full Version : Layered Archery Targets

glockcop
01-04-2011, 03:45 PM
Any body have any good home cures for ''easy arrow removal'' in layered foam targets besides bar soap or WD-40 on the arrow shaft. Got a "CUBE" target (Not the "BLOCK") and that sucker is hard as hell to pull the arrows out of. Waiting on ''Scorpipon Venom'' arrow lube and Gorilla Grip arrow puller to come through the mail as we speak. Hope this helps my poor hands out a little bit. Any ideas? Thanks in advanced.

NightShade
01-04-2011, 05:04 PM
You using field points?... if so ... well I really don't have any tips.. but am extremely interested in how the scorpion venom works out. I usually kick the target over, put one foot on it and pull hard. Every now and then I get 1arrow that's a real S.O.B..... let me know if its worth it!

glockcop
01-04-2011, 05:49 PM
You using field points?... if so ... well I really don't have any tips.. but am extremely interested in how the scorpion venom works out. I usually kick the target over, put one foot on it and pull hard. Every now and then I get 1arrow that's a real S.O.B..... let me know if its worth it!

Yes, I'm using 100 grain field points. I'll let you know how the Scorpion Venom works out. From what I understand, you don't have to use much Scorpion Venom at all. Just coat VERY sparingly on the first couple inches of arrow. I heard alot of good stuff about it and "Woody's" arrow lube. Both cost about the same ($10.00). I was told that supposedly after some use, the "CUBE" will loosen up alot and be much easier to pull arrows from without even the use of an arrow gripper. I guess we'll have to waite and see. I can say this much, My Mathews Z7 at 65 lbs and 28'' draw really stuffs those 27 1/2'' PSE X Weave arrows deep. I hope this miracle juice works but I wanted some input from guys here for an alternative in case it doesn't. Stay tuned.

Batch
01-05-2011, 11:22 PM
Are you talking layered styrene sheets?

If so the loosen up pretty quick if you shoot a lot. We get the good spots tore up quick and then the arrows will slide through if it even drizzles. Then we compress the target with a fork lift and cinch it up and rotate it further back.

glockcop
01-06-2011, 05:35 PM
Are you talking layered styrene sheets?

If so the loosen up pretty quick if you shoot a lot. We get the good spots tore up quick and then the arrows will slide through if it even drizzles. Then we compress the target with a fork lift and cinch it up and rotate it further back.

Yep, it's styrene sheet type. Haven't had a chance to do any archery practice since the Scorpion Venom arrow lube and my arrow puller came through the mail a couple days ago. Thanks for the heads up, Batch. I hope this sucker loosens up. It was really tough pulling the arrows for the first few shots I took the day I got it and have not shot it since.