PDA

View Full Version : "NO" ZILCH "ZIP" Human contact....???

Sourdough
01-11-2008, 05:26 PM
What is the longest period of time you have ever gone with NO human contact, No visual contact, no verbal contact. Just you, maybe your dog, but no humans. Hours, days, months, years. And was it long enough that you were mesmerized to hear voice coming out of a person, not the words, but the sound of human voice.

carcajou garou
01-11-2008, 05:31 PM
Only a week or so, during a strike I lit out for a bit and it wasn't nearly long enough..the time alone not the strike;)

Elkchsr
01-11-2008, 05:46 PM
Ten days

If I wasn't married, it would probably be longer

Immersing one into nature and becoming one with your surroundings take a long time to master and when it happens (Not in the hippy sense) it is magical and there is nothing on this planet that can compete with being a small part of your surroundings unequivocally

I had a number of years I would basically be gone for about three months, only coming back every seven to ten days to let my wife know I was still alive and back out into the Rockies again :)

RBB
01-11-2008, 09:00 PM
I was out for a month, one time, where I didn't see anyone for two weeks, then just passed another guy in a canoe. We didn't talk. Can't say how long between speaking.

We are social beings, and you get a bit odd when you go for too long without interaction.

Tony uk
01-11-2008, 10:17 PM
Not much longer than a few days. I like being gone but comming back to see my family/friends is one of the best bits (And the tone of hot choco i have in the cupboard) :D

canid
01-12-2008, 12:33 AM
almost two weeks i think. anything over a week isn't realy for me.

Nativedude
01-12-2008, 01:16 AM
What is the longest period of time you have ever gone with NO human contact, No visual contact, no verbal contact. Just you, maybe your dog, but no humans. Hours, days, months, years. And was it long enough that you were mesmerized to hear voice coming out of a person, not the words, but the sound of human voice.

9 months and 3 days, my first winter in AK. I do have my dog, but that is the only "domestic" live contact I had during that period. It really wasn't that bad when I finally had contact with another human. While I do like talking to others, it does not bother me to be alone for long periods of time. I have always been able to adapt to whatever situation I am in.

My usual time period without contact is 4-6 months at a time. I live very remote. The only human tracks around my home are mine. All others are moose, caribou, dog, bear, wolverine, bird, etc.

The biggest adjustment for me is when I am visiting my family for holidays. They live in a very populated metropolitan area. It takes me about a week to acclimate to it.