PDA

View Full Version : Break Down of My Bugout Bag

onewheelbiting
01-11-2008, 01:01 PM
This is what I have in my bugout bag and what kind of bag I have for said purpose.

2-bags of cotton balls
1-large container of vasoline
2-composes(one large, one backup)
3 pairs of wool socks
2-water bottles with micro filters
1-3 quart steel pot(cooking, boiling, storage)
1-pint sized metal cup
3 lengths of paracord
1-spyderco folder
1-trifold shovel
12ft X8ft tarp brown on oneside green on the other
2 space blankets
1 fleece blanket
water tablets
hi protein high carb trail mix(lots of it)
wire saws/snares...4 I think
wind-up radio/flashlight
lots of ziplock bags gallon sized
seam tape
waterproof matches in container
folding saw
book of local plants(waterproof)
two decks of survival cards
salt

My bag is a internal frame pack OD green with expandable storage and plenty of exterior attachment points.

How do my bag rate to you?

Rick
01-11-2008, 01:06 PM
What is the primary purpose of you BOB and where do you plan to take it? That will dictate what items you need to carry.

onewheelbiting
01-11-2008, 01:12 PM
south eastern USA, KY, TN, VA, NC mountain area if you will. The purpose of it is to sustain me while I construct a semi perm shelter and start gathering for the long stay. Secondly in the event of wide spread power outage and lack of fuel, allow me the means to survive while trekking to my home from where I may run out of gas or diesel....People sometimes forget electric is needed to make gas happen(pumps, transfer, and so on..no electric no go)

Keith

Rick
01-11-2008, 01:13 PM
Is this something you keep in your vehicle at all times?

onewheelbiting
01-11-2008, 01:17 PM
yep, along with a small spring powdered bb gun and 5000 bb's, a slingshot, and a glock 19 with 250 rds and 4 loaded 15rd mags. A ar-15 if going deep in to the mountains for a while.

Elkchsr
01-11-2008, 01:22 PM
You are preparing for the end... :)

onewheelbiting
01-11-2008, 01:26 PM
I am preparing for tomorrow and the crumble of the dollar. Since it is coming soon. Russia fell within 3 months of the ruble going down. Think about it.

Rick
01-11-2008, 01:31 PM
That helps me understand the what's and why's. It will help others too as they respond.

You can break your cotton balls and vasolene into 35mm film canisters. About 6 in each. make as many as you want. It will take up less room and fill your intended need.

You lack redundancy and multi use items from my perspective. I'd add additional ways to make fire. Currently, you are limited to just the number of matches (unless I missed something) you have on you. Add a metal match and a BIC lighter at least.

Replace the seam tape with quality duct tape. Lots. You can wrap it around your water bottles or anything else you can dream up. I don't know what length of paracord you have but I don't think there is such a thing as too much. Duct tape and paracord are probably the two most versatile items you can carry.

You might consider adding a couple of large garbage bags to the mix. They can be used for field expedient rain gear, tube tens or a host of other items. There's a thread on multi use items that list some of the uses of garbage bags.

I don't see a first aid kit or a whistle either.

Take a look at Mitch's thread on the perfect survival knife and you can do a search on duct tape and paracord. There's lots of information on here about both. Safety pins are good items to have as well.

Rick
01-11-2008, 01:36 PM
To be quite frank, I do find the tag line below yoru name offensive. If you profess yourself to be a Nazi, I find that reprehensible but I'll let you explain it.

onewheelbiting
01-11-2008, 01:40 PM
Dodging George Bush the Nazi....You should read up on his grandfather who was the head banker for Hilter.....Proof is he was tried for war crimes and convicted but laws changed and allowed him to escape longterm prison time.

onewheelbiting
01-11-2008, 01:42 PM
I am a half German Jew and 25% Irish and 25% Scottish so you could say my family background makes me a little afraid of big government and regulations.

Rick
01-11-2008, 01:48 PM
Well, my bad. I didn't read it as that. I was thinking bush as in a plant.

Sarge47
01-11-2008, 03:06 PM
Dodging George Bush the Nazi....You should read up on his grandfather who was the head banker for Hilter.....Proof is he was tried for war crimes and convicted but laws changed and allowed him to escape longterm prison time.

Who cares? That was Gramps! Actually it's armed, unbalanced people who see threats from every possible direction, then form groups of others like theirselves that scare me more than a politician, and this is a 2nd warning to keep the discussion of politics off of this site!:mad:

onewheelbiting
01-11-2008, 03:16 PM
post above was made before your first warning per your sites time stamp on post....

Tony uk
01-11-2008, 04:29 PM
You have it wrong,

First Warning THIS TOPIC (http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1447), post 10 Time stamp - 06:53PM

Second warning, Current topic, Post 13 Time stamp - 07:06PM

And with respect my friend since i like everyone on this fourm, I dont think that being "Smart" is a good way to act or make friends with a member of the fourm staff who is only doing there job, Sorry mate

Just my opinion

onewheelbiting
01-11-2008, 04:52 PM
my last post on that topic was 12:31 or something like that which was hours before both warnings.....

Ole WV Coot
01-11-2008, 04:55 PM
He don't speak for all us Rednecks in E. KY & WV. Must be one of those transplants I mentioned once before. Sure ain't ex-military, don't guess they know they salute the uniform or rank not the man. I'm 1/2 Scotch-Irish myself and so what we all bleed red. Now I guess since I shot my mouth off I get an AW S**T myself for it so have at it.

onewheelbiting
01-11-2008, 04:55 PM
I invite all users to read when the last posts I made on the topics in question were made by me prior to the warnings? Please I think you will find stupid people control what you see on here. My posts that were warned were made 6 plus hours before the warning were givin and since the time of the first warning I have posted nothing political.

Tony uk
01-11-2008, 04:56 PM
my last post on that topic was 12:31 or something like that which was hours before both warnings.....

Yes thats true, But Sarge didnt say in his post anything about the times of the other posts, He only said that you should stop that that this is the second warning he has given you.

onewheelbiting
01-11-2008, 04:56 PM
US Navy 1998-2006......Wounded Combat Vet.....Keep that in mind!

nell67
01-11-2008, 04:57 PM
Fact is dude,you should have read the rules of the forum before you came on here spewing that stuff,you have been warned,let it go...or just go.

onewheelbiting
01-11-2008, 04:58 PM
Yes thats true, But Sarge didnt say in his post anything about the times of the other posts, He only said that you should stop that that this is the second warning he has given you.

He didn't have a right to warn me twice for the same thing when both were done hours before he warned me to start with. Since said time political statements have been refrained from.

Rick
01-11-2008, 04:59 PM
1wb - You know, it doesn't help your cause to resort to name calling. Perhaps if you just let it drop it might slide by. I can tell you that personal attacks won't and shouldn't be tolerated. There just isn't any reason for it. All of us want to learn and teach and enjoy some fine company. If you don't agree with someone, that's okay. Nothing in the play book says you have to. But there is no reason to call someone stupid just because you think you can.

nell67
01-11-2008, 05:00 PM
He has EVERY right,his is the forum moderator,IT IS HIS JOB!!!!!!

Tony uk
01-11-2008, 05:01 PM
I invite all users to read when the last posts I made on the topics in question were made by me prior to the warnings? Please I think you will find stupid people control what you see on here. My posts that were warned were made 6 plus hours before the warning were givin and since the time of the first warning I have posted nothing political.

When you join it is your responsobillity to follow the fourm rules. For general chat it says at the bottom you can discuss anything exept from pollotics and relgion. A post on pollotics anywhere else is not in the correct fourm either since there are all with the exeption a a few about survival products, tecnology and general survival.

Agen just my little add-in

Tony uk
01-11-2008, 05:04 PM

I have notthing agenst you and am very grateful that you help one of our allied countrys, But there are rules on this site, that is all im trying to get across

Tony uk
01-11-2008, 05:07 PM
F U C K It I don't like this board any ways full of Sheople!

Sorry mate but since i cant think of a better way to get this across, get to *Bad word* Then mate, we only tryed to help :mad:

nell67
01-11-2008, 05:08 PM
See Ya!!!:)

Rick
01-11-2008, 05:13 PM
His lack of skills will give us one more corpse to plunder when the dollar goes out and the lights drop. Did I get that right? I used to just be paranoid but now I'm paranoid that I'm not paranoid enough.

Tony uk
01-11-2008, 05:15 PM
His lack of skills will give us one more corpse to plunder when the dollar goes out and the lights drop. Did I get that right? I used to just be paranoid but now I'm paranoid that I'm not paranoid enough.

One confusing post after another :p

Elkchsr
01-11-2008, 05:15 PM
As I've told many others in my life one...

I am a half German Jew and 25% Irish and 25% Scottish so you could say my family background makes me a little afraid of big government and regulations.

Unless you were born in one of these countries... Great..., unless you've become fully naturalized, then again, you’re just an American

Religion transcends national borders and political lines, the only thing that changes is possibly local customs mixed into the religion and language

If you were born here your just a Yank like the rest of us, so you couldn't possibly be Something/American, hyphenating is silly and serves no purpose

Those individuals that can hyphenate are those who were born here or in another country and the parents are from the opposite country where the child holds duel citizenship

Those I know personally who have come from other countries and became U.S. citizens DO NOT HYPHENATE their citizenship. THEY ARE NOW AMERICAN thru and thru, all you have to do is ask them to see this point...

I've been to all the countries of your heritage and they wouldn't see you as any nationality accept American...

You may want to re-configure your nationality status if this is a problem which means moving to one of them...

I would also mention, "Jew" isn't a nationality but a religion (contrary to popular belief)

Which sets up the stage, you are either Jewish, or your not

No different than being in any other established faith...

Lastly, the son does not make the father... or in the case you stated above... The grandfather

One last point

Sorry you can't be what you would like, I didn't make the rules, so your anger at the situation shouldn't be framed in my direction

I do know the rules to the game of life however

No matter how much you want to buck the system, you can't change the rules to the game no matter what variation to it you’re in at the moment...

Many have tried, just as many have failed... :)

Rick
01-11-2008, 05:16 PM
I told him after his first post that this was a survivalist site. Still, he could have picked up a lot of information and everyone would have been happy to help if he had just kept his cool. Not someone I want to have with me in the bush.

EDIT: Dang, Elkchsr. That was a pretty good post.

Elkchsr
01-11-2008, 05:22 PM
Not saying your not...

But your actions and statements denote your fibbing.... ;)

I do know some in the military and not many "Sailors" have been graced with 'wounded in combat'

Or is this a play on words and you simply had an accident while aboard a Navy command?

I know Kerry was purported to be "WOUNDED IN COMBAT"

When the truth came out exactly how he was wounded, the issue dried up quick in his campaign

Elkchsr
01-11-2008, 05:27 PM
LOL Rick...

This isn't the first board, nor the first person of this kind I've run across... :)

One board I'm associated with has 22,919 posts

Because of my commitment to the 'Vision Quest' I've been asked to attend this summer on one of the reservations in this state, my combative nature has to be put aside for the good of the journey I will traveling

:)

Rick
01-11-2008, 05:34 PM
I learned along time ago that if I have a problem with another man, I need to look inside myself for the answer. I doubt he would understand that but words are just that and can offer no offense if we don't allow them to offend. The problem we often have is with our own thoughts about those words. Stop thinking about them, stop empowering others to control our life, and we resolve the conflict that resides inside.

Right now, my guess is his thoughts about this forum are churning away inside him and that's a shame.

Elkchsr
01-11-2008, 05:49 PM
Wise words Rick...

Your last sentence is right on for sure

Sarge47
01-11-2008, 07:49 PM

Why do we have to keep that in mind? Does that make you special? I've worked with people in wheelchairs who are quadripalegic from birth and have better attitudes than that! For the record I ran across your 1st violation when I read your "intro" and your 2nd one here, that's when I responded. If you don't like it go elsewhere, this is NOT a "Survivalist" site, though some on here are Survivalists. The rules are laid down by the Administrator & it is your responsibility to read & adhere to them if you want to stay here. Quite frankly I find the tag: "Hiding from George Bush" very immature as he'll soon be out of office. Although you might want to bear in mind that these forums are oft-times monitored by Government investigative agencies. Also, calling people "stupid" can get you in trouble as well. As someone else has asked here, what, where, & how were you wounded? Did you get shot in the head?:confused:

Sam
01-21-2008, 01:42 AM
I dizzy now, please stop the roller coaster to heck. ;)

Tony uk
01-21-2008, 11:57 AM
I dizzy now, please stop the roller coaster to heck. ;)
Scream if you want to go faster :D