PDA

View Full Version : Reality TV

klkak
12-08-2010, 10:36 PM
With all the shows on Discovery, IE, dangerous catch, swamp people, Axe men, etc. I was thinking, wouldn't it be cool to have a show about trapping in Alaska.

I mean, what would be cooler then seeing folks run their lines in the middle of winter in the last frontier?

It would have everything a good show needs. Drama, action, comedy, danger, intrigue. Plus beautiful scenery and lots of dead animals.

Where's that guy that shows up from time to time from The Discovery channel?

Sourdough
12-08-2010, 10:46 PM
Working Title: "The Adventures of Aqua Man"

klkak
12-08-2010, 10:48 PM
Working Title: "The Adventures of Aqua Man"

For an old fart :wheelchair: you think you're pretty funny.

Gilmore
12-08-2010, 10:58 PM
that would be a pretty good show but i think that gold rush is gonna be much better with all the cool stuff so far! and that was pretty funny Sourdough, hahahah

klkak
12-08-2010, 11:03 PM
Them guys on Gold Rush once they get to where they are going the adventure is pretty much over. Running a trap line in the far north is a constant adventure.

Rick
12-08-2010, 11:45 PM
(whispered commentary) Klkak: This is one of the dangers of running trap lines in the far north. It's rare that a Grizzly is out of its den this time of year but it does happen. You can see he's heading this way and he doesn't look very pleased. Let's just take a few steps back and give him plenty of room.

SPLASH!!!!!

BENESSE
12-09-2010, 12:37 AM
It would definitely give you all something to watch while you're shacked up around a pot bellied stove at 40 below.
I'll just have to read all about it right here, if you could only pull yourselves away from the tube to post.

rwc1969
12-09-2010, 01:01 AM
I'd watch it.

Pal334
12-09-2010, 05:33 AM
Excellent idea, and if we were not careful, we may even learn something. Sort of like watching Dancing with the stars ?

hunter63
12-09-2010, 01:05 PM
Well, I gotta tell ya, my favorite channels are Discovery, History, and Nat-Geo.

I do kinda like the music channels, different categories, from time to time, especially when reading (What did he say?, Reading, What kind of tech do you use for that?) a BOOK. (What a book?, What's that?)

I'd watch a trapping show.

BENESSE
12-09-2010, 01:28 PM
It all depends what's being trapped. I suppose this might make it tolerable.

Winnie
12-09-2010, 01:49 PM

Oh I think we could run a line or two between us Bee.:w00t:

ClovisMan
12-09-2010, 01:59 PM
Those poor souls. Not a one of them owns a shirt. Disgusting.

klkak
12-09-2010, 02:19 PM
(whispered commentary) Klkak: This is one of the dangers of running trap lines in the far north. It's rare that a Grizzly is out of its den this time of year but it does happen. You can see he's heading this way and he doesn't look very pleased. Let's just take a few steps back and give him plenty of room.

SPLASH!!!!!

What is it with all the "old guys" trying to crack jokes?

Rick
12-09-2010, 02:36 PM
I'm sure the President asks his staff the same thing about Jay Leno, Conan, Jimmy, etc. It's just there's so much to work with.

You're the only guy we know that gets cash back from the ER based on trips. The only guy we know that has his picture in the game room of Tim the Toolman Taylor. The only guy we know that the local Coast Guard sends Christmas cards to.

klkak
12-09-2010, 02:50 PM
It's only cause I spend so much time in "The Alaskan Bush" looking death in the eye and laughing at it.

Rick
12-09-2010, 02:52 PM
We're right behind you. Laughing with you not at you.

klkak
12-09-2010, 02:53 PM

I'd rather face a heard of starving brown bears then to see that on my trap line.

klkak
12-09-2010, 02:55 PM
We're right behind you. Laughing with you not at you.

I noticed you said behind me! Care to take point? I'll even let you wear the "twinky suit". As a life jacket of course.

Rick
12-09-2010, 02:56 PM
No, no. You're doing fine. Besides, you have the GPS.

Ole WV Coot
12-09-2010, 04:11 PM
Dead animals?? Instant suicide today. Now if you fed old people to the bears that would help medicare and no animals would be harmed. Get with the system!

BENESSE
12-09-2010, 05:24 PM
It's only cause I spend so much time in "The Alaskan Bush" looking death in the eye and laughing at it.

Care to guess who has the last laugh?

Sarge47
12-09-2010, 06:43 PM

SPLASH!!!!!
Nah! Kev would be alright...he'd have his semi-automatic, single-shot .22 that he bought off of a Mountie for protection. :gunsmilie:

BTW, whatever did happen to Y2k? :detective:

Also, is Kevin ever gonna post his survival story for the rest of us, or did I miss it? :no:

klkak
12-12-2010, 05:58 PM
Also, is Kevin ever gonna post his survival story for the rest of us, or did I miss it? :no:

I was gonna tell the whole story but decided I wasn't emotionally strong enough to take the inevitable disparaging comment.

BENESSE
12-12-2010, 06:04 PM
It's all part of the prep mindset, K. We're here to help!
You know if TSHTF, there'd be more than just disparaging comments.

klkak
12-12-2010, 07:55 PM
semi-automatic, single-shot .22

Not a bad idea. A single shot that automatically ejects the spent round!

Oh wait there already is one of those. An AR with a dented magazine!

Rick
12-12-2010, 10:12 PM
Yeah, confession is good for the soul and we're supportive. We think of things as a learning opportunity. You know, crap we would never want to do. So spill it, brother.

Pocomoonskyeyes3
12-12-2010, 10:23 PM

Yep if I was running a trap line, and found that in my traps Id have to shoot it. It's the only humane thing to do......and a matter of survival too!!!:innocent: