PDA

View Full Version : new furniture

kyratshooter
11-27-2010, 07:04 PM
I snagged a good recliner on the way home. A little wear on one bit of the pipping around the seat cushion. Otherwise it seems fine.

It was sitting on a neighbor's curb with "free to good home" sign on it.

I had to move the table saw over a little to get it in the living room, but we're comfortable now.

crashdive123
11-27-2010, 07:14 PM
...and if it didn't fit - the table saw as near by.

Rick
11-27-2010, 07:35 PM
Admit it. You're a horder aren't you?

LFM
11-28-2010, 06:14 AM
Two items in my house that caused my down fall (as far as production). The TV remote control and my recliner.

randyt
11-28-2010, 07:57 AM
recliners are awesome. it was years before I could have one. my wife is a worry wart and saw a show on tv where a child got their fingers in the hinge works of a recliner. that pretty much dashed my chances of having a recliner for awhile. now my kids are older and I GET to have a recliner.

Rick
11-28-2010, 08:16 AM
I don't understand. Isn't a recliner and remote supposed to be part of every woman's dowry? Don't tell me I'm the only one.

kyratshooter
11-29-2010, 01:00 AM
Admit it. You're a horder aren't you?

Nope not a hoarder, you have to have more than one chair to be a hoarder! I'm just intensly religious.

I had been praying God would send me a recliner so I could sit on my butt and do nothing more efficiently and sure enough he did. I knew I could count on Him. We're saved by grace and there's no way we can work our way into heaven! I am sure of it now. If God had a work ethic he would not have given me this chair!

:thumbup:

randyt
11-29-2010, 06:58 AM
I don't understand. Isn't a recliner and remote supposed to be part of every woman's dowry? Don't tell me I'm the only one.

you're the only one:D

ravenscar
11-29-2010, 07:02 AM
oh snap

Rick
11-29-2010, 08:51 AM
The lightening bolt that is going to hit Kentucky is going to be SOOOOO big. I fear collateral damage.

kyratshooter
11-29-2010, 10:36 AM
The lightening bolt that is going to hit Kentucky is going to be SOOOOO big. I fear collateral damage.

It will not be unexpected and is long overdue. What else could be anticipated by the place that invented Burbon?

:devil2:

oldtrap59
11-29-2010, 04:53 PM
Saw a recliner the other day in front of one of the local rent to own places when I drove by. The likes of this thing I had never seen. BIG soft and in a dark woods camo pattern and at a very good price. (repo I figure) Told the wife I just had to have that thing but she figures that the new pistol and a few other things I've invested in lately is enough for now. Oh well. My old recliner is well worn to my body so I guess it will do for awhile yet. :>) Glad you found a good one Ky. All men need a recliner. Btw Rick. I'm in the group that the wife didn't enclude a recliner.lol

Oldtrap

Rick
11-29-2010, 08:01 PM
Man! You guys surely cut a bad deal. My wife's dowry was a good one. Recliner, remote with cord, B&W TV, 2 Yardbirds LPs and Peter, Paul and Mary album. I figure I did pretty good.

BENESSE
11-29-2010, 08:27 PM
You guys with recliners are spoiled. Have you ever heard a woman wanting or needing one?
Here's what I would suggest--practical, comfy, no chance of growing roots. Win-win for all! :D

kyratshooter
11-30-2010, 08:07 PM
I hate to say this Ms. B, but most men require additional padding for comfort in their seating areas. Many of us suffer from a condition called "noassatall" while most women are better equipped to sit for long periods without assistance from external padding.

This is often why we require both suspenders and belts.

As it is, the recliner is now a permenent part of the facility. The Boss has set up residence.

http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae193/lstancliff_photos/001.jpg

BENESSE
11-30-2010, 08:42 PM
That's a real nice looking recliner--I definitely approve.
The Boss has good taste.

kyratshooter
11-30-2010, 11:29 PM
Please do not tell her I have a heated seat with vibration massage in the car. I would never be allowed in the driver's seat again.

hunter63
12-01-2010, 06:26 PM
To prevent "discussions", at one of our anniversaries, was just got His and Hers, recliners.
Worked so well we did the same at "The Place" as well.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y139/hunter63/DSCF0129.jpg

Rick
12-01-2010, 10:13 PM
The way I see it a recliner is a device for tactical training. Yeah, really. Look, you go through life standing up and looking straight ahead. But if something bad happens there's a really good chance you'll find yourself flat of your back looking through your feet. Okay, in my case, over your stomach and through your feet. Feel better? Anyway. I practice that a lot because I want to be ready for anything. If you ever have to hit the dirt on your back on a hillside I'm the go to guy. I've got it down pat.