PDA

View Full Version : Gerber LMF II

beehlebf
11-25-2010, 11:10 PM
thinking about getting a Gerber LMF II wondered if anyone had any experience/opinions with this blade

panch0
11-26-2010, 12:45 PM
I had one, but sold it and got and Esee(rat) cutlery RC4. The LMF II was nice but a bit bulky for my tastes. You may be a bigger guy than I so it might not be a problem for you.

hoosierarcher
11-26-2010, 11:21 PM
I'm not sure the LMF II has a plain edge or if the edge near the hilt is serrated. If it is the one with the serrated edge there I give it a thumbs down because of that. for a lot of woodsman uses for a knife that part of the edge is used often. Having it serrated there makes most of those task nearly impossible.

survivorman_fanatic
01-21-2011, 03:16 AM
I have one, and enjoy it. Hold's up well, and I use it a lot. About the bulkiness of it...its like panch0 said, its all about preference. But I wouldn't say its too bulky

Ssgt_DimeBag
03-26-2011, 03:07 PM
I own one.Never thought I would own anything ,but a test of time Ka-Bar.
A friend turned me on to It and I love it.I now own many Gerber items.
As far as the serrated part......well you just have to have the right tools to sharpen it.Its not that hard to do.
I trust Gerber and use many of there product.
And yes I have owned my Gerber's way before Bear endorsed them.
The LMF II is now my main knife an my Ka-bar is my back up.
I have yet to have any of my Gerber products fail on me.

beetlejuicex3
03-27-2011, 01:12 AM
It's a good knife. Noss put one through its paces (http://knifetests.com/GerberLMFIIASEK.html).

Ssgt_DimeBag
03-28-2011, 09:18 PM
It's a good knife. Noss put one through its paces (http://knifetests.com/GerberLMFIIASEK.html).

Boy did he ever.Man more then I expected!

BH51
03-29-2011, 03:11 PM
I've two Gerber lockblades...Great knives...sharpen like razors...great deer dressers..
I bought the 2nd knife to replace the 1st,... as the blade was wearing down from
continuous use/shapening years ago...I still can't leave it in the junk drawer...
serrated blades & gut hooks?... I've no practical use, however......................BH51..

Ssgt_DimeBag
04-11-2011, 07:28 AM
Serrated blades are not that difficult to sharpen given the right tools for the job!