PDA

View Full Version : How to tie the "long" turks head PART 1 - for handle wraps of all sorts!

paracordist
11-20-2010, 12:50 PM
I've finally recorded the process (or at least the first part) of tying a turks head handle wrap on a Fiskars hatchet! Check out this video explanation and demonstration that shares what I know so far, It should simplifiy a potentially complicated topic. I've generalized this tutorial so that you may do long turks heads of any number of turns; so now you can do those hiking staffs, knives, hatchets and even those motorcycle handlebars you asked me about!

can't put the video here because I have links in it; but check it out on youtube if you are interested in learning this!

your_comforting_company
11-21-2010, 06:41 AM
Thanks! I'll check out the video! I finally made enough sense of the Ashley book to do one on a jig.

your_comforting_company
01-06-2013, 12:21 PM
Black Savage commercial 550 cord in DC and blaze. Flashlight wraps for lots of folks for Christmas! Mag lights can be cold on those dark mornings. This provides a little insulation against the metal, and makes it easier to see on the ground. Thanks for the vids!

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg184/your_comforting_company/knots/DSCN7533_zps6e0e64ef.jpg

crashdive123
01-06-2013, 03:09 PM
Nicely done YCC.