PDA

View Full Version : Is Alaska the only place one survives?

y2k
11-12-2010, 02:27 PM
you'd think so, to read this forum! :-) Bears, bears, bears. Sheesh. I used to see bears daily when I ran a garbage truck, never had a problem, even tho I was taking their food. Occasionly one woujld ACT like he or she was going to give me a fight, but none ever did.

DOGMAN
11-12-2010, 02:37 PM
You were seeing urban bears that were habituated and dependent on humans- they didnt feel like top predators, and essentially they were trained enough to know that there was more food in other area dumpsters...they didnt care a human was taking there food...because they realized humans also provided the food. A well fed bear isnt nearly as dangerous as a hungry one.

Have you ever walked up to a grizzly in Yellowstone that was guarding a fresh elk carcass?....if you had, I think you might have a diffferent take on bears...

And, by the way- i dont find bears as a threat to me...I find humans to be a threat to bears, if we dont live responsibly around bears there will be none left except in the most remote spots- because we will kill them all off

finallyME
11-12-2010, 02:59 PM
" Is Alaska the only place one survives?"

No, I am sure there are people surviving in other places as well.

laughingbeetle
11-12-2010, 03:10 PM
We all strive to survive whatever life throws at us. SourDough's life is different from mine, which is different from CrashDive's, from Ricks, Sarky's, Dogmans, Welderguy's, Nell's,...i could go on, but the point is this. We all come to this forum to learn from each other. Many post daily, others, like myself, very infrequently. Every day that I log on to this site, I learn something new. That is why I come here. I do not post often because I seldom have much to offer by way of helpful information.

Survival is accomplished every day, simply by making it thru to the next day. Whether we are "Boots in the Field", or simply living each day to the best of our abilities. This is just my humble opinion.

aflineman
11-12-2010, 03:14 PM
We all strive to survive whatever life throws at us. SourDough's life is different from mine, which is different from CrashDive's, from Ricks, Sarky's, Dogmans, Welderguy's, Nell's,...i could go on, but the point is this. We all come to this forum to learn from each other. Many post daily, others, like myself, very infrequently. Every day that I log on to this site, I learn something new. That is why I come here. I do not post often because I seldom have much to offer by way of helpful information.

Survival is accomplished every day, simply by making it thru to the next day. Whether we are "Boots in the Field", or simply living each day to the best of our abilities. This is just my humble opinion.

Very well said.

Sourdough
11-12-2010, 03:20 PM
Oklahoma would be a much better location than Alaska. Access to to abundant food and water would of paramount importance. Any farming area would be better than Alaska. I am only here because I love it, not as a survival location.

huntermj
11-12-2010, 08:41 PM
Oklahoma is better then Alaska for long term survival but i spent a year in OK. and have to say, i would rather be in vermont. And i dont even like being in Vermont.

NightShade
11-13-2010, 09:40 AM
I gotta agree with finallyME..... I'm pretty sure people survive elsewhere...

canid
11-13-2010, 09:42 AM
i've survived outside of Alaska for about 14 years. it's a struggle, but i think i can hold it together til i can return.

DOGMAN
11-13-2010, 10:53 AM
i found an internet site that proves people only survive in Alaska....everywhere else people Thrive.....Alaskans are merely getting by

ravenscar
11-13-2010, 11:02 AM
imma try to get a pic to work, ive had trouble uploading pics
http://tribes.tribe.net/herbalmedicine/photos/4a4df286-badc-440d-9cec-de9b082ab98b

edit:just press the link, i belive my comp is gunna crash soon, or at least my browser

Justin Case
11-13-2010, 11:12 AM
imma try to get a pic to work, ive had trouble uploading pics
http://tribes.tribe.net/herbalmedicine/photos/4a4df286-badc-440d-9cec-de9b082ab98b

edit:just press the link, i belive my comp is gunna crash soon, or at least my browser

Here ya go, i will post it for you, ;) (LOL,, its pretty funny, Thanks)

http://images.tribe.net/tribe/upload/photo/4a4/df2/4a4df286-badc-440d-9cec-de9b082ab98b