PDA

View Full Version : Pandemic Practices in the USA

Smok
01-06-2008, 01:58 AM
Do you know what to do in the case of a pandemic this site may help WWW.cidrap.umn.edu/ (http://WWW.cidrap.umn.edu/) it will go to your State ...This is a good start to put a kit together as a care provider. Please prepare

Sarge47
01-06-2008, 02:43 AM
Thanks Smok! Cool info!:D

Smok
01-06-2008, 02:49 AM
Well the more I read the more that I felt it was right for here ...so

Sourdough
04-24-2009, 05:10 PM
Coming soon to a town near you. Maybe.....Are you ready? I think a Major food run into the city is on my schedule next week. There is something about avoiding human contact in a pandemic that appeals to me. The problem is they can come in mutated waves year after year.

Sourdough
07-23-2009, 08:13 AM
Are you ready, If there is a more clear and present risk to your survival, I am not aware of it.

welderguy
07-23-2009, 08:14 AM
Thanks for the link, good info.

Rick
07-23-2009, 08:16 AM
We sure agree on this one. I think this fall is going to see a resurgence.

chiangmaimav
07-23-2009, 08:39 AM
The Minister of Health in Thailand made speech saying there is expected to be pandemic here by end of month and expect 50,000 new cases every month. I do not know if this is accurate as they tend to exaggerate things but who knows? Already about 1/4 of the population of Chiang Mai are wearing surgical masks all the time. I don't figure there is much point in worrying about it. It appears the people with serious risk from this flu are
the elderly and people who are already sick so I think those people should take extra precautions

chiangmaimav
07-23-2009, 08:40 AM
The Minister of Health in Thailand made speech saying there is expected to be pandemic here by end of month and expect 50,000 new cases every month. I do not know if this is accurate as they tend to exaggerate things but who knows? Already about 1/4 of the population of Chiang Mai are wearing surgical masks all the time. I don't figure there is much point in worrying about it. It appears the people with serious risk from this flu are
the elderly and people who are already sick so I think those people should take extra precautions

chiangmaimav
07-23-2009, 08:42 AM
For some reason the computer said to send this message again in 30 seconds so I did but now that is why I did it twice. Perhaps computer will say th send this message again but I won't because then I think it is just screwing with my mind.

Sourdough
07-23-2009, 08:46 AM
It appears the people with serious risk from this flu are

The highest risk is not the elderly, or the young, but the healthy 20 to 45 year olds, Has something to do with there bodies over reacting.

Winnie
07-23-2009, 11:43 AM
It's already spreading like wildfire over here and the govt keep putting out differing advice but we now have a pandemic hotline. I have some supplies, but like Hope, a lot more is being purchased tomorrow. I've had Asian flu and was lucky to survive it... don't want any more thankyou!

Rick
07-23-2009, 12:21 PM
Here is the CDC site on H1N1:

http://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/

And the World Health Organization:

http://www.who.int/csr/disease/swineflu/en/

finallyME
07-23-2009, 12:55 PM
Well, being a young 30'ish healthy male, I can say that I am immune to the current strain, until it mutates. I got it from my kids, who got it from my nephews, who got it from the McDonald's in Fort Stockton (we think). So, I am done worrying for now. :sleep1:

chiangmaimav
07-24-2009, 01:49 AM
The 1918 flu pandemic was most lethal for people in 20s and 30s. However most deaths so far have been elderly, children and people with pre existing conditions.