PDA

View Full Version : The 2010 hunting trip:

rebel
11-08-2010, 09:58 PM
It was just an annual local hunting trip. For chow we had roast beef the first evening. For lunch we had had pulled pork BBQ with cole slaw. For dinner we had fried sunnies, cheesy baked potatoes and corn bread. The next day we had deer tenderloin for lunch and for dinner baked mallard and wood duck in wine sauce.

We sat around the camp fire in the evenings and had a good time.

I didn't shoot anything and that was O.K. with me. I had a couple of good broad side shots at does available but, I didn't take them and just enjoyed being out in the woods. One of the guys got an eight point and later a grouse.

He shot the deer with his 5.56. I think he said it was 75 grain BTS swift. He said it just dropped and from looking at the deer it made a big cavity. I used my Marlin 1895 in 45-70. It was perfect for humping through the swamp and for the limited visibility. I had put the ghost ring sights on it the year before and that really makes a difference for me.

The Misses calls...I try to get some pics up later.

crashdive123
11-08-2010, 10:48 PM
Sounds like a great trip.

hunter63
11-08-2010, 11:01 PM
I love fall, so many seasons, so little time...........

rebel
11-09-2010, 11:15 AM
pictures from my hunt: 1st pic is me. 4th pic is the roasted mallard and wood duck. 5th pic is the bear bait can.

rebel
11-09-2010, 11:21 AM
Taking out the deer tenderloin.

rebel
11-09-2010, 11:31 AM
Clean a grouse. This would work on pheasant too.
After making a small cut on the belly side. You can start to pull the skin off. You continue this process pulling the skin off the wings, the legs, up to the tail and head. Then cut off the tail and head. Continued on the next set of pics...

rebel
11-09-2010, 11:51 AM
pic 2 and 3: Make a cut from the butt up the belly big enough to get a couple fingers in to pull out the innards.

pic 4: take out the two glands. In the picture they have been taken out. One is on each side of the back bone. In the picture, one would be the whitish spot just down from the left thumb. The other gland would be on the opposite side. I hope that is clear and understandable.

pic 5: the finished product.

rebel
11-09-2010, 11:55 AM
I felt like goofing off and made this redneck deer stand. It works good. Most of the time my feet are hanging out the window.

Rick
11-09-2010, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the pics. One thing about that stand. If the deer get violent you can always lock the doors and be safe.