PDA

View Full Version : Oh Boy! You'll Love This!

Winnie
10-13-2010, 10:01 AM
Well, I've tried fried green tomatoes using the 50/50 flour /cornmeal mix with a dash of cayenne pepper. MmmmMmmmMmmm.
I also tried Petes idea, Fried green tomatoes with country sausage gravy and a serving of potato cake MmmmMmmmMmmm!
I had a hankering for this the other night.... disaster! no sausage! Sooooo thinking on my feet, I opened a tin of SPAM and mashed up some of it with a fork and used that instead of the sausage. Do you know what? it was MmmmMmmmMmmm too!

Rick
10-13-2010, 10:19 AM
This just isn't right. I mean, a proper British lady eating southern comfort foods? What's next? Grits?

Winnie
10-13-2010, 10:22 AM
This just isn't right. I mean, a proper British lady eating southern comfort foods? What's next? Grits?

What's grits?

Justin Case
10-13-2010, 10:23 AM

What's grits?

rofl ! lol :)

Rick
10-13-2010, 10:24 AM
Not I've done it. (shaking head).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grits

Winnie
10-13-2010, 10:28 AM
Ahhh Polenta! Yup had that!

Winnie
10-13-2010, 10:39 AM
This just isn't right. I mean, a proper British lady eating southern comfort foods?

Don't worry Rick, you'll be pleased to hear I'm having roast chicken pie, roast potatoes and cauliflower cheese for dinner tonight!

Pal334
10-13-2010, 10:40 AM
At this rate, winnie will be "ya'lling" more often that 2d :)

2dumb2kwit
10-13-2010, 06:10 PM
*Snif, Snif* (Wiping a tear...)

I'm so proud.:blush:

LOL.......Winnie, you're turning into a fine southern woman.:D:yes::clap:

2dumb2kwit
10-13-2010, 06:47 PM
At this rate, winnie will be "ya'lling" more often that 2d :)

LOL...She'll be sounding like Paula Dean!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rPB-5fRaa0

Winnie, you might want to check this video out.....you can link to her site, and get some more green tomatoe ideas.

Pal334
10-13-2010, 07:09 PM
May have to get Winnie a translator though :)

Rick
10-13-2010, 07:12 PM
And some words have to go.

Bloody is what happens when you hit a raccoon at 60 miles an hour.
Belt up is what you do when you get in a car. Okay, sometimes.
Crusty dragon is probably a cereal. I'm not sure on that one.
Smashing is what we do to aluminum cans to get more in the bag before we cash them in.

Winnie
10-14-2010, 08:51 AM

Smashing is what we do to aluminum cans to get more in the bag before we cash them in.

No, Bloody = an expletive usually followed by he$$.
Belt up = shutup.
I have absolutely no idea what a Crusty Dragon is, and I'm not sure I want to.
Smashing = another word for fab/great/wonderful. Ya'll

Winnie
10-14-2010, 10:00 AM
LOL...She'll be sounding like Paula Dean!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rPB-5fRaa0

Winnie, you might want to check this video out.....you can link to her site, and get some more green tomatoe ideas.

That woman is the devil! There's food there that looks just too good not to try:drool:

crashdive123
10-14-2010, 01:53 PM
That woman is the devil! There's food there that looks just too good not to try:drool:

Just make sure you have lots of butter on hand (I think the minimum requirement is three pounds per recipe).

grrlscout
10-14-2010, 08:23 PM
WTG Winnie! We just had fried green tomatoes as part of our dinner tonight.

There is a slight difference between grits and polenta. Grits are made from dent corn, while polenta is made from flint corn.

Swamprat1958
10-14-2010, 08:48 PM
Congrats Winnie, now if you really want southern food you have to start frying Okra, cooking greens and frying catfish. Or the extreme southern cooking boiling crawfish and making gumbo and ettoufee (a 2 fay).

2dumb2kwit
10-14-2010, 09:36 PM
Congrats Winnie, now if you really want southern food you have to start frying Okra, cooking greens and frying catfish. Or the extreme southern cooking boiling crawfish and making gumbo and ettoufee (a 2 fay).

Mmmmmm, Mmmmmmmm.....cajun cooking!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEynlzYRpK8

(Winnie, you may want to skip this video.) LOL

BENESSE
10-14-2010, 09:40 PM

NOW you're talking!
Cajun food rocks. Cajun spices are a staple in our kitchen--the hotter, the better.

2dumb2kwit
10-14-2010, 09:45 PM
NOW you're talking!
Cajun food rocks. Cajun spices are a staple in our kitchen--the hotter, the better.

Mmmmmm, Mmmmmmmm.....cajun cooking!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEynlzYRpK8

(Winnie, you may want to skip this video.) LOL

Sooooooo....when you cook cajun food, do you look like the girls in the video???:noway::w00t::sweatdrop:

grrlscout
10-14-2010, 10:06 PM
Hoo yeah! My better half is from Louisiana. I am now a master of the roux. ;)

But that's just the beginning :(

BENESSE
10-15-2010, 08:03 AM
Sooooooo....when you cook cajun food, do you look like the girls in the video???:noway::w00t::sweatdrop:

I don't use silicone in my cooking. Just all natural ingredients, thank you very much.
But then not too many people of the 2D persuasion seem to know or care about the difference. (who luvs you baby?)

2dumb2kwit
10-15-2010, 07:13 PM
I don't use silicone in my cooking. Just all natural ingredients, thank you very much.
But then not too many people of the 2D persuasion seem to know or care about the difference. (who luvs you baby?)

Although I prefer natural ingredients.....I see no reason to ignore the wonderful advancements of science.:stuart: LOL

Swamprat1958
10-17-2010, 01:55 PM
Hoo yeah! My better half is from Louisiana. I am now a master of the roux. ;)

But that's just the beginning :(

Yep, everything starts with a roux and the "trinity vegetables" (onion, bell pepper and celery)!

canid
10-18-2010, 05:53 AM

don't forget; taking the p... well you know. that one would be meant literally.

BENESSE
10-18-2010, 06:48 AM
Although I prefer natural ingredients.....I see no reason to ignore the wonderful advancements of science.:stuart: LOL

How very broad minded of you, 2D.