PDA

View Full Version : 2010 WSF Tennessee Jamboree (AKA the second annual Indiana Jamboree)

pgvoutdoors
09-29-2010, 05:19 PM
I thought I would start another thread on the upcoming Tennessee Jamboree due to how the original thread is named, "Second Annual Indiana (with honorable mention to all other states and Canada) Jamboree. If your not a regular the name of the thread may be confusing.

The first year the members of the forum got together (2009) it was held in Indiana. It was proposed to do another one this year (2010) but was decided to be held in Tennessee instead of Indiana.

This is a family friendly gathering to discuss wilderness survival and emergency preparedness skills. Last years gathering went really well and was fun for all. I would encourage anyone that is an active member of the forum to attend if they can. If you have any questions contact Crashdive123 or Rick as they have been keeping up on the details.

Dates: Friday October 22 thru Sunday October 24, 2010
Location: Bandy Creek State Park, TN (Big South Fork National Recreation Area, TN & KY): http://www.nps.gov/biso/
Site Reservations (select a site on loop-A above A13): http://www.recreation.gov/tn/Bandy_Creek/Campground/r/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=NRSO&parkId=70988

Below is the original thread, the later pages have the most current information.
http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12304

Please refer to the original thread as it is updated regularly.

I hope to see many of you at the Jamboree.

Take Care,
PGV

crashdive123
09-29-2010, 05:26 PM
Good idea for the thread Phil.

Camp10
09-29-2010, 05:33 PM
I wish I had some unspoken vacation time left! I will try to save a week for next year.

Rick
09-29-2010, 07:37 PM
Just to let the new members know, last year we had both knife throwing and tomahawk throwing followed closely by a first aid class (actually, the first aid class is just a joke). We had a lot of drawings for some truly great (I mean that!!) door prizes. Everything from hand made knives to thermarest pads to paracord bracelets to lights of all kinds. It was kind of like Christmas. The food was really phenomenal. There was so much and it was soooo good. Crash did a great demo on knapping. Last but certainly not least there was some really great fellowship. It was nice to meet everyone and just share some good times.

Ya'll come, hear!

2dumb2kwit
09-29-2010, 07:46 PM
Just to let the new members know, last year we had both knife throwing and tomahawk throwing followed closely by a first aid class (actually, the first aid class is just a joke). We had a lot of drawings for some truly great (I mean that!!) door prizes. Everything from hand made knives to thermarest pads to paracord bracelets to lights of all kinds. It was kind of like Christmas. The food was really phenomenal. There was so much and it was soooo good. Crash did a great demo on knapping. Last but certainly not least there was some really great fellowship. It was nice to meet everyone and just share some good times.

Ya'll come, hear!

I can't believe you used the term "door prizes"!!!

That is so inconsiderate to our members that are without doors. I don't think it's very nice, to exclude sourdough. He deserves the same chance as anyone else here!!!:2:

coyote hunter
09-29-2010, 07:49 PM
Well it sounds like a great time but unfortunately I can`t make it this year but I will definitely try to make it next year ! Rick has got my taste buds working overtime thinking about that dutch oven apple cobbler !! LOL I will be making one of those this weekend !

Rick
09-29-2010, 07:50 PM
Calm down. It's just a colloquialism. That means...it has to do with...colloqs, which is door in Hungarian, I think. Anyway......it's just a figure of speech. There were no doors given away. None. Nada. If there had been we would have put his name in the hat...pot...whatever we used.

2dumb2kwit
09-29-2010, 07:54 PM
Calm down. It's just a colloquialism. That means...it has to do with...colloqs, which is door in Hungarian, I think. Anyway......it's just a figure of speech. There were no doors given away. None. Nada. If there had been we would have put his name in the hat...pot...whatever we used.

Well, OK.......as long as you weren't giving prizes, only to people who have doors.:rolleyes:

crashdive123
09-29-2010, 08:01 PM
Hey - you never know - one of the prizes could be a door.

Rick
09-29-2010, 08:02 PM
A hand made door.

crashdive123
09-29-2010, 08:06 PM
Would that make it a handy door?

Justin Case
09-29-2010, 08:09 PM
A handsome door ?

Rick
09-29-2010, 08:10 PM
I once made four of them and gave them away to Jim Morrison, Ray Manzarek, Robby Krieger, and John Densmore. The rest, as they say, is history.

crashdive123
09-29-2010, 08:13 PM
It's a good thing you didn't give them some sort of insects - beetles maybe.

2dumb2kwit
09-29-2010, 08:16 PM
I once made four of them and gave them away to Jim Morrison, Ray Manzarek, Robby Krieger, and John Densmore. The rest, as they say, is history.

It's a good thing you didn't give them some sort of insects - beetles maybe.

Well, they needed them to keep out the Birds.
(And to hide from the mamma's and the pappa's!)

Rick
09-29-2010, 08:16 PM
I was seated on a plane once with Chuck Berry and he was lamenting that his act needed something but he wasn't sure what. As a joke I suggested he hop across the stage on one foot. Who knew?!

2dumb2kwit
09-29-2010, 08:19 PM
I was seated on a plane once with Chuck Berry and he was lamenting that his act needed something but he wasn't sure what. As a joke I suggested he hop across the stage on one foot. Who knew?!

...and James Brown once hit him in the gut, and then used the sound he made as a lyric!

HUH!!!

Batch
09-29-2010, 08:40 PM
Warning thread drifts are deep here...:knight:

Rick
09-29-2010, 10:32 PM
Well, uh, yes they are. Okay you guys, let's keep it on subject or else!

Batch
09-30-2010, 08:51 PM
Well, uh, yes they are. Okay you guys, let's keep it on subject or else!

That's what I like to hear! Could you get me a cup of coffee with two sugars?

Shaken, not stirred...:blink::smartass:

Pocomoonskyeyes3
09-30-2010, 11:43 PM

Ya'll come, hear!

Shoot! Who you kidding? We had so much fun in that weekend it took almost 100 pages just to tell part of it!!!:banana:

If there is ANY way you can make it, ..... DO.... you'll be SUPER Glad you did!

Now..... about those cobblers....:chef:(Rick) and that Tenderloin :chef:(HoosierArcher)..... and:chef: PGV's Breakfast Extraordinaiire.....
Let's face it..... Can't no Dadburn Bed and Breakfast touch the Cuisine!!! YUM YUM!!! You'll eat so well you'll want a :triage: to take you to your tent!!!

sthrnstrong
09-30-2010, 11:55 PM
I'm about 3 1/2 hours away. As long as work doesn't get in the way I should be able to come.

crashdive123
10-01-2010, 07:19 AM
Just to update the list of who's coming in this thread as well as the original....
Rick
Poco/Equus and the boys
Huntermj
Rebel/Mrs. Rebel
PGVOutdoors
RoarK
Crash/Mrs. Crash

Possible/Probables?

Sthrnstrong
Hoosierarcher

pgvoutdoors
10-02-2010, 12:01 AM
It's now Friday October 1st, and in three weeks we'll be gathering in Tennessee. I hope many of you are considering coming as everyone is welcome.

If you are unable to make it because it's too far to travel, consider organizing a gathering in you area. Even small groups can be really fun and educational.

21 days and counting. See you there...

roar-k
10-02-2010, 12:55 AM
I will be getting there either later in the evening on Thursday or early Friday morn.

Now all I need to do is find my dutch oven. Wonder who took it? :sneaky2:

equus
10-02-2010, 08:45 AM
We will be arriving Friday around noon.

Ted
10-02-2010, 06:05 PM
Man I want to go soooo bad! But work dropped off so bad it depleated my savings to 0. So I got a new job. Won't have any vacation time till next year!

Hope you all have a great time and I know you will! Hopefully next year I'll get to meet you all!

pgvoutdoors
10-03-2010, 11:25 AM
Like we say here with Cleveland sports - "there's always next year" hope to see you then Ted.

Rick
10-03-2010, 05:04 PM
Ted - Just to show you what a good friend I am, I'll eat some food for you. I know you'll enjoy it based on last year. Sorry you can't make it.

equus
10-03-2010, 06:43 PM
Yeah sorry Ted that you aren't able to come this year. Hopefully you can come next year.
Look forward to meeting you next year Ted.

huntermj
10-05-2010, 08:48 PM
Ive been debating flying or driving. its a thousand miles and im leaning to driving if i will drive i will be able to bring alot more comforts from home

roar-k
10-05-2010, 08:56 PM
Ive been debating flying or driving. its a thousand miles and im leaning to driving if i will drive i will be able to bring alot more comforts from home

If you decide to fly into Knoxville let me know and I will gladly drive you to and from the airport and if time permits take you to some of the local eateries if you want.

crashdive123
10-05-2010, 10:06 PM

The drive last year was a little over 900 miles. I didn't/wouldn't even consider flying - Heck the bucket of rocks, knives, and other toys weighed in at a few hundred pounds.

Rick
10-05-2010, 10:38 PM
I can't even begin to guess what the excess baggage charge would have been for 50 pounds of corral. Then there's all the ......................

crashdive123
10-05-2010, 10:44 PM
I wonder if they would frown on checking a couple of sacks of seasoned oak firewood?

pgvoutdoors
10-05-2010, 10:46 PM
It looks like I may not need to go out of my way to pickup some flint on my way down to Tennessee. My son's Boy Scout troop will be going to Flint Ridge next weekend and he's going to pickup the flint for me.

Rick
10-05-2010, 10:47 PM
That might pass but I bet you get stopped on the Coleman fuel. Bet you don't get through security with all that fire power either.

"Sir, we have a problem over on three."
"What' the problem?"
"The guy is placing all his metal stuff in the bowl."
"So?"
"Well, so far, he has two .45s, three .9mms, a couple of .22s, a 12 gauge....."

crashdive123
10-05-2010, 10:48 PM
That's great! Let me know when if they need any chaperones when they go to gold ridge.

pgvoutdoors
10-05-2010, 10:50 PM
As far as the boys are concerned the flint is more important than gold.

crashdive123
10-05-2010, 10:52 PM
All the more reason for me to be a chaperon.

equus
10-06-2010, 08:37 AM
My boys are asking me everyday right now is it time yet to go camping mom.

They are driving me crazy.

rebel
10-06-2010, 03:04 PM
For planning purposes, Misses rebel will not be able to attend this year.

pgvoutdoors
10-06-2010, 03:08 PM
Sorry to hear that. But, "NO SOUP FOR HER".

roar-k
10-06-2010, 03:17 PM
So what's the total number of people, 11ish? Trying to plan how much food I need to bring.

pgvoutdoors
10-06-2010, 03:22 PM
I believe eleven adults are confirmed.

crashdive123
10-06-2010, 06:55 PM
I believe eleven adults are confirmed.

Nine confirmed, and two possibles for what most would consider adults. Those opinions may vary toward the end of the weekend.

huntermj
10-06-2010, 07:43 PM
Well i,ve decided to drive to TN. its a 1000 miles which is about 20 hours with stops. Unfortunately i made this decision because i dont want to commit to a plane ticket. I have a fair sized commercial project that is starting next week. it should be almost done at this point but the contractor is 3 weeks behind. And my leed field guy is going on vacation the day before i do. I may have to stay here to babysit the job. I am still making all preparations to go, and hoping i can go. Im still about 80% going but if my employer says i cant then i cant. Gotta keep bringing home the bacon.

roar-k
10-07-2010, 02:25 PM
Has anyone ever tried making funnel cake? I was going to bring a fryer along with the dutch oven and thought about doing this...

crashdive123
10-07-2010, 02:29 PM
Haven't made any, but I've eaten a bit at football games.

equus
10-14-2010, 08:32 AM
Nope I haven't but it sounds good though.

How many is coming?

crashdive123
10-14-2010, 01:57 PM
Rick
Poco/Equus and the boys
Huntermj
Rebel/Mrs. Rebel
PGVOutdoors
RoarK
Crash/Mrs. Crash

Possible/Probables?

Sthrnstrong

equus
10-14-2010, 03:15 PM
Sweet. Now their will be 3 ladies there. that is awesome.

equus
10-14-2010, 03:17 PM
Mel and I will be leaving here around 6 or 7 am as well on Friday. Get there hopefully around 10 am.

crashdive123
10-14-2010, 03:51 PM
We'll probably leave Thursday morning. Maybe Wednesday (if I can talk Mrs. Crash into it) and do a little exploring int the Smoky Mts.

equus
10-14-2010, 05:54 PM
Yeah I wish I could go that far. I miss my Ole Smokies. I want to so much see them again and to walk around there. I would love to go hiking in the smokies but right now be careful if you do go hiking. The bears are out eating as muc as they can and are a little more unpredictable this time of year.

SO be careful.

pgvoutdoors
10-16-2010, 01:47 AM
I've been off line for a few days but still looking forward to the rendezvous. I've gathered up some Black Walnuts and this weekend my son will go to Flint Ridge to pick up some flint. They will be gathering smaller pieces to use mainly for flint & steel kits. I'll also bring some pieces of heavy leather to practice with.

I'm still planning on arriving at the campground on Thursday evening.

Looking forward to seeing everyone that can make it.

pgvoutdoors
10-18-2010, 10:58 PM
Four days to go... Sites are still available at the camp for any last minute arrivals. If anyone lives a shorter distance to the camp, stop by Saturday if you can only get away for a day.

See you soon.

pgvoutdoors
10-18-2010, 11:02 PM
I thought I would start another thread on the upcoming Tennessee Jamboree due to how the original thread is named, "Second Annual Indiana (with honorable mention to all other states and Canada) Jamboree. If your not a regular the name of the thread may be confusing.

The first year the members of the forum got together (2009) it was held in Indiana. It was proposed to do another one this year (2010) but was decided to be held in Tennessee instead of Indiana.

This is a family friendly gathering to discuss wilderness survival and emergency preparedness skills. Last years gathering went really well and was fun for all. I would encourage anyone that is an active member of the forum to attend if they can. If you have any questions contact Crashdive123 or Rick as they have been keeping up on the details.

Dates: Friday October 22 thru Sunday October 24, 2010
Location: Bandy Creek State Park, TN (Big South Fork National Recreation Area, TN & KY): http://www.nps.gov/biso/
Site Reservations (select a site on loop-A above A13): http://www.recreation.gov/tn/Bandy_Creek/Campground/r/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=NRSO&parkId=70988

Below is the original thread, the later pages have the most current information.
http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12304

Please refer to the original thread as it is updated regularly.

I hope to see many of you at the Jamboree.

Take Care,
PGV

BUMP - Camp Details.

Rick
10-19-2010, 07:27 AM
We had a rain delay yesterday but the game "fired" up this morning. We had light rain move through the area yesterday so I put the meat on the smoker this morning. I woke the shoulders up at 4:30 and they trudged out to the smoker at 6:30. It's pretty cool this morning, 37°F (heat wave AK!) but we have a pretty good smoke rolling. Here's some pics just to wet your appetite.

What the meat looks like:

http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q348/safe_zone/porkshoulder1-1.jpg

What the fat caps look like:

http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q348/safe_zone/porkshoulder2-1.jpg

If I could just figure out how to post the smoke smell.

equus
10-19-2010, 08:06 AM
Now that would be nice. I am hungry now just looking at the meat.

roar-k
10-19-2010, 08:43 AM
I will be getting there right at check-in time on Friday. I was thinking of going up on Thursday, but I will be in Nashville for the day and I do not know when I will get back home to head out.

equus
10-19-2010, 11:18 AM
Mel and I and the boys will be heading out at 7 am should be there by 11 am.

pgvoutdoors
10-19-2010, 11:33 AM
BEEF GOOD... Meat from fury animals - NO bugs or snails...

pgvoutdoors
10-19-2010, 03:01 PM
I'm packing up gear right now and thought it might be a good idea to bring an extra screen house. I have two Eureka 12x12 houses. We're more than likely going to see some rain, so the screen houses can give some extra protection.

If anyone else has a canopy or screen house they can bring, please do.

Thanks,
Phil

equus
10-19-2010, 03:29 PM
Are we supposed to get rain? I hope not. It showed it clear last night.

huntermj
10-19-2010, 03:31 PM
YEEEEE HAAAAA
Im packing up tonight and high tailing it otta here tommorow afternoon.
I jumped in and helped the guys on the site and got a lot of work done. The G.C. is happy and i'm going to TN.
See you all there. :punk:

equus
10-19-2010, 03:33 PM
I just looked at the weather channel on the computer. Big South Fork should be clear.

Latest tropical updates | Home: October maintenance | Seasonal: Fall foliage maps | Health: Air quality alerts
Overview
Hourly
Tomorrow
Weekend
10-Day
Month
Radar Map

10-Day Forecast for
Big South Fork Ntnl River and Rec Area

[ English | Metric ] Printable Forecast
Forecast ConditionsHigh °F
Low °FPrecip.
Chance
Tonight
Oct 19

Showers
75°
45°
50%

75°F
Wed
Oct 20

Partly Cloudy
70°
39°
20%

70°F
Thu
Oct 21

Sunny
70°
34°
0%

70°F
Fri
Oct 22

Sunny
70°
40°
0%

70°F
Sat
Oct 23

Mostly Cloudy
74°
48°
20%

74°F
Sun
Oct 24

Partly Cloudy
73°
52°
10%

73°F
Mon
Oct 25

Scattered T-Storms
75°
49°
40%

75°F
Tue
Oct 26

Isolated T-Storms
74°
49°
30%

74°F
Wed
Oct 27

Showers
70°
46°
40%

70°F
Thu
Oct 28

Showers
68°
50°
30%

68°F
Last Updated Oct 19, 3:31 PM ETPrintable Forecast
Details
Video
Text
Averages
NEW: Larger Radar Maps & No Ads

pgvoutdoors
10-19-2010, 03:42 PM
With a weather report that good, I'll definitely bring both screen houses and my rain gear.

pgvoutdoors
10-19-2010, 03:45 PM
YEEEEE HAAAAA
I jumped in and helped the guys on the site and got a lot of work done. The G.C. is happy and i'm going to TN.
Good Job... I'm glad you can make it. I'll see you Thursday evening around 6:00pm.

crashdive123
10-19-2010, 04:39 PM
YEEEEE HAAAAA

Outstanding!

pgvoutdoors
10-19-2010, 05:29 PM
I'll be arriving Thursday and I was thinking about making the chicken soup for Friday. It would be available for anyone already at the camp or coming in on Friday. Hows that sound?

nell67
10-19-2010, 05:32 PM
hope you all have a nice time:( :bawling:

Rick
10-19-2010, 05:39 PM
Huntermj - That's outstanding!!!! Turn off the cell phone so they can't call you!!!!!

Phil - Chicken soup would be great. I'm expecting some stuff in the mail, I hope Thursday. If it comes I'll take off Friday morning. If not I won't be able to scoot until noon on Friday when the mail comes.

Nell - You can still go. If they can't find you, they can't yell at you. (not until you get back anyway).

Temp on the shoulders is 160°F. We're getting there!! I've got neighbors wanting to know what I'm smoking. I don't like the look in their eyes.

pgvoutdoors
10-19-2010, 05:39 PM
Nell - Don't cry, I'll send you a disc with all the pictures I take plus something from the rendezvous. :balloon:

rebel
10-19-2010, 06:32 PM
Prayer's going out for everyone to have a safe trip. See ya there!

Camp10
10-19-2010, 06:37 PM
If I could just figure out how to post the smoke smell.

Please dont take this the wrong way but I sure hope that you never learn how to post smells......:no:

Rick
10-19-2010, 07:23 PM
Well I never! Really, I haven't.

Rick
10-20-2010, 02:31 AM
After 20 hours in the smoker, here's one of the meals for Saturday night. 16 pounds of pulled pork BBQ. I've just broke it up so it can cool. I'm getting ready to put it in the fridge and later today I'll pull it, package it and stick it in the freezer. I did sample a piece. Okay, two. But just because I didn't want to poison anyone. I'll hand deliver samples to QC in Tennessee.

http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q348/safe_zone/PullPork.jpg

sthrnstrong
10-20-2010, 03:11 AM
Don't know if I will be able to make due to wife's work schedule and nobody to watch the kids. If anything I might be able to drive up Saturday and stay till Sunday afternoon. If I don't make I hope ya'll have fun.

pgvoutdoors
10-20-2010, 06:48 AM
RICK - The pork looks great!!! I can smell it from here in Ohio. Drive safely, I wouldn't want anything to happen to the pork, I mean you...

See you there.

crashdive123
10-20-2010, 07:45 AM
Don't know if I will be able to make due to wife's work schedule and nobody to watch the kids. If anything I might be able to drive up Saturday and stay till Sunday afternoon. If I don't make I hope ya'll have fun.

Bring the kids. We won't tell your wife.

crashdive123
10-20-2010, 07:54 AM
Mrs. Crash and I are hitting the road today. We're going to do some exploring today and tomorrow - see y'all on Friday.

Winnie
10-20-2010, 08:24 AM
Safe journey, enjoy!

Rick
10-20-2010, 09:20 AM
And freshly pulled! The good news is it's safe to eat. I'm still here....arrrrrggggghhhhhh.

http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q348/safe_zone/PullPork1.jpg

Justin Case
10-20-2010, 09:27 AM
That looks good,, making that is on my list of things to try in the near future :)

Rick
10-20-2010, 09:32 AM
Just let me know when you want to try it and I'll shoot you the information. It isn't difficult but it does take a long time. 26 hours from start to finish on this batch. That's from pulling the store's plastic wrap off the meat to final clean up. I've had batches run less than that. A lot depends on how much wind you have and what the outside temps are. It got a little breezy yesterday so the smoker temp was a little harder to control.

roar-k
10-20-2010, 11:24 AM
Just to let everyone know that the Coleman Outlet in Pigeon Forge is having a truckload sale Fri-Sun. So if you get up there early and want to do some extra driving to visit go up to Pigeon Forge and visit the Coleman Store and SMNW.

Also to let everyone know it rained around the area late last night and early this morning. no sign of rain till Monday so we should be good!

roar-k
10-20-2010, 07:32 PM
Question for everyone. What are the plans for Sunday? Eat and part ways? Just wondering because I may have to leave after the potluck on Saturday.

pgvoutdoors
10-20-2010, 11:26 PM
Question for everyone. What are the plans for Sunday? Eat and part ways? Just wondering because I may have to leave after the potluck on Saturday.

Last year we eat breakfast and then broke camp. We were out of there before lunch.

pgvoutdoors
10-20-2010, 11:34 PM
Well I'm all packed and ready to go. I'll depart tomorrow morning at 6:30am.

So far only one little problem has come up; SQURALS! :angermanagement:
The little buggers got into the Black Walnuts I had been drying out. Carried off almost all of them.

Anyway, I'll see all of you that are going. Everyone have a safe trip... :wavey:

Brazito
10-21-2010, 01:45 AM
Dang it, I wish I could go, maybe next year.

pgvoutdoors
10-21-2010, 06:35 AM
Time to hit the road. Wish me luck.

Talk to you when I get back. Hold the forum down...

Phil

equus
10-21-2010, 06:42 AM
Have a safe trip Phil. See you in the morning.

Winnie
10-21-2010, 06:53 AM
Well, that's it, the lunatics are taking over the asylum:nod:

Hey! Guyyys.... THE GROWN-UPS HAVE GONE.....
PARTAY!!!!:wine::band::toomany:

equus
10-21-2010, 08:20 AM
No Winnie not everyone yet. Tomorrow at around 6:30 I will think everyone will be on the road. Sorry to bust your bubble my friend.

Have a good weekend my friend.

BENESSE
10-21-2010, 08:43 AM
Let the games begin...TOMORROW.
Just 'cause we're not having pulled pork doesn't mean we don't know how to have fun. Heck, y'all are gonna be wishing you were back here with us.

Justin Case
10-21-2010, 08:46 AM
Well, that's it, the lunatics are taking over the asylum:nod:

Hey! Guyyys.... THE GROWN-UPS HAVE GONE.....
PARTAY!!!!:wine::band::toomany:

http://b62.grono.net/80/89/gallery-101004488-500x500.jpg

http://fracasnoir.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/homersimpson.jpg

RangerXanatos
10-21-2010, 08:56 AM
Ok, I really didn't want to see that. But I guess it's not as bad as the thong picture...

hunter63
10-21-2010, 09:35 AM
So, I hope there will be "live up dates?"

It would have been real nice to attend, gotta quit scheduling so many fall hunts, then maybe not, those seasons only come a few weeks at a time.

Wishing everyone a safe trip........have fun.

oldsoldier
10-21-2010, 04:51 PM
For those of you who haven't left yet for jamboree and are going. Have fun, drive safely and see you when you get back....

For those who aren't going Danish, ( the pastry not the people) twinkies and beer my place friday night at 7. LOL:2:

Rick
10-21-2010, 06:38 PM
I've spent the day getting stuff ready and I'll be rolling first thing in the morning. For those you that think you can now run a muck just remember we've left everything in the capable hands of Sarge. He has all three ban buttons so I'm guessing he'll be busy over the week-end. See you in the funny papers!!!

BENESSE
10-21-2010, 07:33 PM
Happy Trails!
Y'all come back now, y'hear?

Pocomoonskyeyes3
10-21-2010, 07:39 PM
Last minute details being taken care of now...however a small delay in the AM...won't be leaving until about 8.... so that put's us getting there just a Little later than Originally planned.

Camp10
10-21-2010, 07:41 PM
Drive safe all! Dont forget the pics...

Justin Case
10-21-2010, 08:19 PM
I hope someone takes some Video too ! :)

2dumb2kwit
10-21-2010, 08:37 PM
Y'all have fun!!!:thumbup1:

Winnie
10-22-2010, 02:58 AM
Yup, have a lovely time and remember to keep an eye on them thar pickernic baskets!

You never know who's about!

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx283/wychwood59/YOGI---BOOBOO.jpg

wareagle69
10-22-2010, 08:36 AM
I've spent the day getting stuff ready and I'll be rolling first thing in the morning. For those you that think you can now run a muck just remember we've left everything in the capable hands of Sarge. He has all three ban buttons so I'm guessing he'll be busy over the week-end. See you in the funny papers!!!

sarge ????? capable?????? oh crap there goes my keyboard agin, last i heard from sarge he was doing one of them thar magec ticks and diappeared them buttons, but i hear he does have a nice bunny rabbit and a couple of doves.:banana:

Justin Case
10-23-2010, 10:56 AM
Well,, I wonder what kind of lies are being told around the morning campfire ? :) ;)

Just joking,,, I hope everyone arrived safe and they are having a wonderful time ! :)

(If i can ever make it to a Jamboree, I will set up a live streaming Video ;))

Winnie
10-23-2010, 11:12 AM
Oh lordy, Justin! Is the world really ready for live? video of the FARTS first thing in the morning?

Justin Case
10-24-2010, 09:22 AM
Oh lordy, Justin! Is the world really ready for live? video of the FARTS first thing in the morning?

LOL, Probably not !

well lets see, Saturday night is over now, I wonder if everybody will wake up in the right tent ? lol

rebel
10-25-2010, 01:20 AM
I just made it back. 980 miles in 15.5 hours. I had a great time! Thanks to all who attended for making the jamboree so nice. Thanks for the "door prizes"! Thanks for the outstanding food! I hope I can make this jamboree next year too.

rebel
10-25-2010, 02:15 AM
A pic from our Jamboree hike:

rebel
10-25-2010, 02:23 AM
The colors were very nice and sometimes different.

Rick
10-25-2010, 10:33 AM
Got back in last night safe and sound. Only six hours for me. Not so bad. I'm unloading and "stuff" this morning so more info. later. What a great time!!!! Temp Friday night was about 37°F and a bit warmer Saturday night. Talk about great sleeping weather. I have to say that PVG makes some awesome chicken soup. I won't tell you who won Crash's killer axe. (I did) I'll let you guess.

nell67
10-25-2010, 10:35 AM
Got back in last night safe and sound. Only six hours for me. Not so bad. I'm unloading and "stuff" this morning so more info. later. What a great time!!!! Temp Friday night was about 37°F and a bit warmer Saturday night. Talk about great sleeping weather. I have to say that PVG makes some awesome chicken soup. I won't tell you who won Crash's killer axe. (I did) I'll let you guess.
"Killer"axe??? Well at least we know what you are planning to use it for!:helpsmilie::creepy:

hunter63
10-25-2010, 11:06 AM
Guys, Glad y'all got back safely, looking forward to a full report/pic's?

crashdive123
10-25-2010, 12:13 PM
Got in last night just before midnight - spent the morning catching up on a few appointments. It was a fantastic trip! The location, weather, food, and especially the company were all perfect. I'll download pictures later today and post them in a separate thread.

roar-k
10-25-2010, 02:06 PM
I just wanted to say it was a pleasure to meet you all and I had a fantastic time. You all were truly a good group of people and I enjoyed the time I spent in BSF. I think I may have convinced my wife to join us the next time.

Sorry I didn't have anything to offer anyone, but I will try to pick up a skill or two before the next event to see if I can provide some entertainment. Maybe tomahawk juggling?

Winnie
10-25-2010, 02:26 PM
So glad you all had a good time, looking forward to all the pics and stories.

crashdive123
10-25-2010, 05:18 PM
Here's a picture or two from the trip. http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13864

panch0
10-26-2010, 09:54 AM
Glad you all had a good time!

rebel
10-26-2010, 12:59 PM
The time went too fast. I would have liked to do another group trail and throw a line in the river.

pgvoutdoors
10-26-2010, 01:34 PM
Home now... Had a great trip, will post comments and pictures later.

rebel
10-26-2010, 01:52 PM
Home now... Had a great trip, will post comments and pictures later.

I think you are the last to check-in safe at home.

roar-k
10-26-2010, 02:09 PM
At the last jamboree was there someone who had automobile trouble?

Because if so I have been hit by the curse. My serpentine belt shredded and wrapped around my fan and then after it wrapped around my fan it got hung on my high side AC line and pulled it down into the fan and the line got chopped up and broke my fan blades.

crashdive123
10-26-2010, 02:11 PM
Dang! Did that happen on the way home?

BTW - your door prize went out in the mail today via priority mail. You should have it by Friday or Saturday according to the funny little man behind the counter.

roar-k
10-26-2010, 02:26 PM
Oh vehicle woes! I do not want to talk about it. If it's going to be expensive in repairs there goes a few of the things I was going to try out. I may still try to make a homemade forge or better my camp cooking!

It's good to see everyone got home safely!

Rick
10-26-2010, 03:55 PM
Man! What a mess. I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you were close to home when it happened.

crashdive123
10-26-2010, 08:25 PM
I unpacked the truck today. I've gotta say that the "door prize" haul that came home with us is really unbelievable. Knives, a hatchet, yo-yo reels, paracord, smart wool socks and some soap. Thank you so much! The two hand made knives from Rebel and Poco are now among my most cherished knives. They are awesome guys!

huntermj
10-26-2010, 09:20 PM
While the door prizes were great, i have been most touched by Poco's gift to me. I dont know how to say this right but your gift to me. means alot to me.
Thank you

equus
10-26-2010, 09:37 PM
Oh Rick the knife that I won got broke in the day we came home. I used it to cut the hay string off of my hay bales for the horses. It is nice I really like it. I enjoyed all that I won. I love the tea box thanks Rebel you did an awesome job there.

Pocomoonskyeyes3
10-26-2010, 09:42 PM
While the door prizes were great, i have been most touched by Poco's gift to me. I dont know how to say this right but your gift to me. means alot to me.
Thank you

You're Welcome. I am most humbled by your sincerity. Really it was the least I could do.....

Pocomoonskyeyes3
10-26-2010, 09:43 PM
Oh Rick the knife that I won got broke in the day we came home. I used it to cut the hay string off of my hay bales for the horses. It is nice I really like it. I enjoyed all that I won. I love the tea box thanks Rebel you did an awesome job there.

FINALLY!!! A knife she will carry!!!:clap:

Pocomoonskyeyes3
10-26-2010, 10:20 PM
OK Folks.... here's my little spiel...

You really owe it to yourselves, if at all possible, to make one of the Jamborees. I will make everyone that I possibly can. The jamboree is a time when you get to meet the people you have only imagined. Trust me, your imagination is not even close.

The people I have had the privilege and honor to meet, FAR exceeds the "Door Prizes" and is the best prize of all. We meet each other here, and form friendships and bonds, But Jamboree Cements those bonds. I Very clearly will remember the smiles that were on faces on these Jamborees. The time spent visiting with each other in the Campsites with one another, and the fun that just being together brings. Just pulling up in the Campground and trying to figure out who is who is really fun too. Then the introductions and after that it is a good time amongst friends.

I fully understand the attraction of the Mountain Mens Rendezvous in Days of old. An opportunity to meet people you know or know of, but have never met. Jamboree is kinda' like that... you have heard of this or that person, yet never met them.....until now. Now, like then, it will be a source of conversation for some time to come. Good people and Good times.

PGV and us were the last to leave. To be quite honest, I didn't really want to leave, it was just too short. So we tagged along with PGV to the next leg of his trip.... Cumberland Falls. I think you will all like the pics of those that he posts. I was there, saw them, and I still look forward to seeing them. Unfortunately, I don't think conditions were right for him to see the "Moonbow"( A rainbow that occurs on nights of a full moon. One of only 2 places in the world where this phenomenon occurs). Maybe next time......

pgvoutdoors
10-27-2010, 02:58 PM
Well I'm all settled in now, nice to be home again. The trip was great and the weather cooperated to the point of perfection. It was warm and comfortable with blue skies during the day, and evenings cool enough to sleep like a dream. The surroundings would relax even the most stressful of people.

Everyone was a pleasure to be around and the conversations were always interesting. It's never a disappointment to meet members of the forum.

I'll post some pictures soon.

Rick
10-27-2010, 04:21 PM
Glad you make it back safe and sound. Did you meet up with the other half?

pgvoutdoors
11-05-2010, 07:33 AM
Sorry it's been so long sense my last post but I've been very busy moving, you know how that can be.

The trip was great.

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/2010%20WSF%20Rendezvous-Tennessee/IMG_5187.jpg?t=1288956477

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/2010%20WSF%20Rendezvous-Tennessee/IMG_5143.jpg?t=1288956156

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/2010%20WSF%20Rendezvous-Tennessee/IMG_5140.jpg?t=1288956234

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/2010%20WSF%20Rendezvous-Tennessee/IMG_5138.jpg?t=1288956312

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/2010%20WSF%20Rendezvous-Tennessee/IMG_5172.jpg?t=1288956626

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/2010%20WSF%20Rendezvous-Tennessee/IMG_5170.jpg?t=1288956681

pgvoutdoors
11-05-2010, 07:44 AM
More Pictures...

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/2010%20WSF%20Rendezvous-Tennessee/IMG_5168.jpg?t=1288957159

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/2010%20WSF%20Rendezvous-Tennessee/IMG_5163.jpg?t=1288957216

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/2010%20WSF%20Rendezvous-Tennessee/IMG_5161.jpg?t=1288957276

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/2010%20WSF%20Rendezvous-Tennessee/IMG_5154.jpg?t=1288957332

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/2010%20WSF%20Rendezvous-Tennessee/IMG_5151.jpg?t=1288957380

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/2010%20WSF%20Rendezvous-Tennessee/IMG_5147.jpg?t=1288957435

BENESSE
11-05-2010, 07:48 AM
PGV, great pics, great variety!
They give me a feeling of being there.
What a setting!

pgvoutdoors
11-05-2010, 07:53 AM
Even more pics...

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/2010%20WSF%20Rendezvous-Tennessee/IMG_5129.jpg?t=1288957650

Brian's leaf

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/2010%20WSF%20Rendezvous-Tennessee/IMG_5118.jpg?t=1288957744
http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/2010%20WSF%20Rendezvous-Tennessee/IMG_5108.jpg?t=1288957828

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/2010%20WSF%20Rendezvous-Tennessee/IMG_5104.jpg?t=1288957922

pgvoutdoors
11-05-2010, 08:03 AM
Lots of pictures...

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/2010%20WSF%20Rendezvous-Tennessee/IMG_5103.jpg?t=1288958184

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/2010%20WSF%20Rendezvous-Tennessee/IMG_5178.jpg?t=1288958302

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/2010%20WSF%20Rendezvous-Tennessee/IMG_5093.jpg?t=1288958382

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/2010%20WSF%20Rendezvous-Tennessee/IMG_5090.jpg?t=1288958437

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/2010%20WSF%20Rendezvous-Tennessee/IMG_5098.jpg?t=1288958481

pgvoutdoors
11-05-2010, 08:08 AM
Pictures, pictures, Pictures...

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/2010%20WSF%20Rendezvous-Tennessee/IMG_5188.jpg?t=1288958546

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/2010%20WSF%20Rendezvous-Tennessee/IMG_5145.jpg?t=1288958737

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/2010%20WSF%20Rendezvous-Tennessee/IMG_5132.jpg?t=1288958824

pgvoutdoors
11-05-2010, 08:22 AM
Cumberland Falls Kentucky, on the trip home.

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/Cumberland%20Falls%20Kentucky/IMG_5273.jpg?t=1288959182

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/Cumberland%20Falls%20Kentucky/IMG_5272.jpg?t=1288959319

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/Cumberland%20Falls%20Kentucky/IMG_5269.jpg?t=1288959403

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/Cumberland%20Falls%20Kentucky/IMG_5268.jpg?t=1288959470

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/Cumberland%20Falls%20Kentucky/IMG_5263.jpg?t=1288959520

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/Cumberland%20Falls%20Kentucky/IMG_5256.jpg?t=1288959562

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/Cumberland%20Falls%20Kentucky/IMG_5255a.jpg?t=1288959620

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/Cumberland%20Falls%20Kentucky/IMG_5251.jpg?t=1288959664

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/Cumberland%20Falls%20Kentucky/IMG_5246.jpg?t=1288959700

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/Cumberland%20Falls%20Kentucky/IMG_5244.jpg?t=1288959743

Rick
11-05-2010, 08:23 AM
Nice pics, Phil. See ya'll? You miss a good time when you don't join us!!

Justin Case
11-05-2010, 08:26 AM
Fantastic Pics,,, Thank you :)

pgvoutdoors
11-05-2010, 08:32 AM
More Cumberland Falls, KY...

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/Cumberland%20Falls%20Kentucky/IMG_5238.jpg?t=1288959972

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/Cumberland%20Falls%20Kentucky/IMG_5236.jpg?t=1288960020

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/Cumberland%20Falls%20Kentucky/IMG_5235.jpg?t=1288960094

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/Cumberland%20Falls%20Kentucky/IMG_5230.jpg?t=1288960178

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/Cumberland%20Falls%20Kentucky/IMG_5224.jpg?t=1288960254

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/Cumberland%20Falls%20Kentucky/IMG_5223.jpg?t=1288960300

BENESSE
11-05-2010, 08:37 AM
Nice pics, Phil. See ya'll? You miss a good time when you don't join us!!

I've got to get a little better before I embarrass myself in a crowd. At least learn a few tricks like starting a fire by just looking at the twigs...stuff like that.

pgvoutdoors
11-05-2010, 08:44 AM
More Falls Pictures..

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/Cumberland%20Falls%20Kentucky/IMG_5217.jpg?t=1288960428

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/Cumberland%20Falls%20Kentucky/IMG_5210.jpg?t=1288960637

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/Cumberland%20Falls%20Kentucky/IMG_5274.jpg?t=1288960720

A Lunar Rainbow created by a full moon and the mist from the falls... Photos taken by my friend Eileen Findak while I was still in Tennessee.

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/Cumberland%20Falls%20Kentucky/moonbow.jpg?t=1288960720

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/Cumberland%20Falls%20Kentucky/moonbow3.jpg?t=1288960720

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/Cumberland%20Falls%20Kentucky/moonbow4.jpg?t=1288960720

pgvoutdoors
11-05-2010, 09:01 AM
Fort Boonesborough...

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/Boonesborough%20Kentucky/IMG_5280.jpg?t=1288961276

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/Boonesborough%20Kentucky/IMG_5279.jpg?t=1288961414

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/Boonesborough%20Kentucky/CopyofIMG_5285.jpg?t=1288961489

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/Boonesborough%20Kentucky/IMG_5488.jpg?t=1288961563

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/Boonesborough%20Kentucky/IMG_5483.jpg?t=1288961624

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/Boonesborough%20Kentucky/IMG_5473.jpg?t=1288961677

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/Boonesborough%20Kentucky/IMG_5472.jpg?t=1288961780

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/Boonesborough%20Kentucky/IMG_5470.jpg?t=1288961836

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/Boonesborough%20Kentucky/IMG_5311.jpg?t=1288961940

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/Boonesborough%20Kentucky/IMG_5304.jpg?t=1288962068

pgvoutdoors
11-05-2010, 09:23 AM
Fort Boonesborough

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/Boonesborough%20Kentucky/IMG_5359.jpg?t=1288962521

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/Boonesborough%20Kentucky/IMG_5351.jpg?t=1288962620

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/Boonesborough%20Kentucky/IMG_5327.jpg?t=1288962827

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/Boonesborough%20Kentucky/IMG_5321.jpg?t=1288962909

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/Boonesborough%20Kentucky/IMG_5319.jpg?t=1288962962

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/Boonesborough%20Kentucky/IMG_5306.jpg?t=1288963041

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/Boonesborough%20Kentucky/IMG_5300.jpg?t=1288963100

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/Boonesborough%20Kentucky/IMG_5296.jpg?t=1288963174

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/Boonesborough%20Kentucky/IMG_5337.jpg?t=1288963359

Winnie
11-05-2010, 09:34 AM
Looks terrific. Did you notice me in spirit? I really would love to attend in the flesh, but until then I'll live it vicariously through everyones pics.

pgvoutdoors
11-05-2010, 09:36 AM
Fort Boonesborough

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/Boonesborough%20Kentucky/IMG_5330.jpg?t=1288963525

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/Boonesborough%20Kentucky/IMG_5429.jpg?t=1288963618

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/Boonesborough%20Kentucky/IMG_5422.jpg?t=1288963791

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/Boonesborough%20Kentucky/IMG_5408.jpg?t=1288963880

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/Boonesborough%20Kentucky/IMG_5400.jpg?t=1288963935

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/Boonesborough%20Kentucky/IMG_5384.jpg?t=1288964013

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/pgvoutdoors/Boonesborough%20Kentucky/IMG_5339.jpg?t=1288964129

pgvoutdoors
11-05-2010, 09:41 AM
Well that summarizes my trip, I hope you enjoy the pictures. I'm not a photographer, just a point-and-click guy. Talk to you later...

Justin Case
11-05-2010, 09:50 AM
WOW.. How cool is that !!

Rick
11-05-2010, 10:01 AM
Eileen did a great job on the rainbow. Cudos to her from us. Sorry you didn't get to see it in person. Great pics all around.

BornthatWay
11-05-2010, 12:47 PM
I do believe you liked Booneboro! i have always relished the thought to live that simply but doing without electricity might be tuff at times.

BornthatWay
11-05-2010, 12:55 PM
I mean material wisew would like to live as they did. But it was a very hard life in many ways. We have a cabi that was built in 1770's no one lives in it but would love to restore it. Of course I would need to win the lotery to do so, but that means I would have to buy a ticket!

roar-k
11-05-2010, 02:50 PM
Thanks for sharing your pics. Remember to check out the Fireflies of Elkmont if you are able to as well.

crashdive123
11-05-2010, 03:11 PM
Great pics Phil. Thanks.

@ B - you and Mr. B are always welcome - period.