PDA

View Full Version : I got banned from survinalistboards (Again)

Justin Case
09-25-2010, 07:09 PM
Today I looked at that site again, (after coming off a ban for calling the Saints the Faints) LOL,, anyway, I read where a guy asked a question about their chat room and a Mod tore into him for thrashing the forum ?? Pizzed me off, and i told him what i thought, That the mods there had a God complex!,, LOL Banned again,, Thats ok, i told them in my post that I wouldn't be back anyway and there were lots of "Friendly" forums out there. :eyepoke: :D

Rick
09-25-2010, 07:18 PM
Soooo, what? Are you giving us fair warning that you are about to rip into us? If so, Sarge handles the heavy stuff.

Justin Case
09-25-2010, 07:21 PM
Soooo, what? Are you giving us fair warning that you are about to rip into us? If so, Sarge handles the heavy stuff.

LOL,, no Not at all ,I love this forum, Just relating a bad experience with another forum ,,,,, Their mods are out of control !!

Rick
09-25-2010, 07:23 PM
Pfffft. No forum on earth could have the kind of interested, caring, intelligent, ruggedly handsome, affable, supportive, insightful, mentoring.....

what was I talking about? Oh, yeah.....

...quick witted.........

cowgirlup
09-25-2010, 07:25 PM
That is one of the nastiest forums out there. How does anybody get banned from that? You can't say anything there without 12 people attacking you for various reasons and it seems to be a free for all.

Go figure :confused1:

Justin Case
09-25-2010, 07:27 PM
That is one of the nastiest forums out there. How does anybody get banned from that? You can't say anything there without 12 people attacking you for various reasons and it seems to be a free for all.

Go figure :confused1:

I did it in 2 posts ! LOL,, if ya want to see my banning offenses , search my posts ( scottinaz) LOL

Justin Case
09-25-2010, 07:30 PM
Pfffft. No forum on earth could have the kind of interested, caring, intelligent, ruggedly handsome, affable, supportive, insightful, mentoring.....

what was I talking about? Oh, yeah.....

...quick witted.........

I agree Rick ! you guys are great,,,,, and fair, Those guys have a real God complex.

Rick
09-25-2010, 07:31 PM
If you got banned, you won't be there.

Justin Case
09-25-2010, 07:33 PM
If you got banned, you won't be there.

MY posts are, (Unless they deleted them)

Rick
09-25-2010, 07:34 PM
I mean no one can search for them because you aren't in the forum base anymore. So if some one went to member lists and looked for you, you aren't there.

oldsoldier
09-25-2010, 07:35 PM
Scott well at least you could get on to get banned. I signed up got a user names and password and could never log in. Okay. No loss on my part it seems

Justin Case
09-25-2010, 07:35 PM
And I doubt they deleted them, going back to that God complex thing, I am sure they left them so everybody can see how the big bad mod banned me ,, LOL I could proxy up and go back,, but i really dont want to. ;)

Justin Case
09-25-2010, 07:37 PM
I mean no one can search for them because you aren't in the forum base anymore. So if some one went to member lists and looked for you, you aren't there.

umm,, Rick http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/member.php?u=1043 I just searched "bragg survivor" ;)

2dumb2kwit
09-25-2010, 07:37 PM
MY posts are, (Unless they deleted them)

Nah....they just moved them, to the "scottinaz vs somebody" thread.:stuart: LOL

Justin Case
09-25-2010, 07:39 PM
Scott well at least you could get on to get banned. I signed up got a user names and password and could never log in. Okay. No loss on my part it seems

you are not missing anything,, trust me,, Its just what Cowgirlup says it is :)

Rick
09-25-2010, 07:40 PM
Yes, the account is still there. But if you go to member's list where most folks would look for you, you are no longer there. Banned members don't appear in Member's List. If I were to find a post of yours then I could see your profile and find other posts but short of looking through dozens of posts looking for you to find the first post I can't go to Members List and find you.

Rick
09-25-2010, 07:42 PM
Nah....they just moved them, to the "scottinaz vs somebody" thread.

Now that right there is funny I don't care who you are. God bless them little pygmies over there at survivalistsboards.

Justin Case
09-25-2010, 07:44 PM
Yes, the account is still there. But if you go to member's list where most folks would look for you, you are no longer there. Banned members don't appear in Member's List. If I were to find a post of yours then I could see your profile and find other posts but short of looking through dozens of posts looking for you to find the first post I can't go to Members List and find you.

or, you could search my user name ;)

No I am not "arguing" dont ban me :dead: lol

2dumb2kwit
09-25-2010, 07:51 PM
or, you could search my user name ;)

No I am not "arguing" dont ban me :dead: lol

I don't know. Rick.....to me he seems to be showing a little attitude towards you. I'm not sure enough to say that he needs banning, but you may want to consider turning him into a newt. You know....like we did.....:oops: I almost typed the name that gets my post moved! LOL:stuart:

Justin Case
09-25-2010, 07:54 PM
I don't know. Rick.....to me he seems to be showing a little attitude towards you. I'm not sure enough to say that he needs banning, but you may want to consider turning him into a newt. You know....like we did.....:oops: I almost typed the name that gets my post moved! LOL:stuart:

He already turned me into a Newt once :crying:

Sarge47
09-25-2010, 08:35 PM
Today I looked at that site again, (after coming off a ban for calling the Saints the Faints) LOL,, anyway, I read where a guy asked a question about their chat room and a Mod tore into him for thrashing the forum ?? Pizzed me off, and i told him what i thought, That the mods there had a God complex!,, LOL Banned again,, Thats ok, i told them in my post that I wouldn't be back anyway and there were lots of "Friendly" forums out there. :eyepoke: :D
Serves you right for hangin' around other forums! :yes:

Sourdough
09-25-2010, 08:51 PM

I Gots me one of dem'dar "Shat Rooms" Mine ain't got no door, but it is a "one holer" ............:scared::scared::scared:

Winter
09-25-2010, 09:24 PM
Bringing up other forums make one look, err, unprofessional.

It doesn't help this site which is pretty level headed.

beetlejuicex3
09-25-2010, 09:32 PM
I signed up as one of their VIP members with a merchant account to access the merchant portion of the site. They never gave me access. After 3 requests they finally refunded my money.

It's a busy forum but this one is much more friendly. There are some pretty extreme views on that board too. People wearing tinfoil hats and so on.

crashdive123
09-25-2010, 10:26 PM
I looked over that forum a couple of years ago. It didn't take very long to realize that I wasn't going register, and that I didn't need to visit it again.

kyratshooter
09-26-2010, 02:08 AM
No big deal, all you have to do is get a new e-mail address, then run down to the local library and register under a different name.

I have been banned for life about 4-5 times over there.

Winnie
09-26-2010, 04:34 AM
I was going to see what all the fuss was about, but my browser couldn't connect to the server. They're obviously afraid of us furriners!

canid
09-26-2010, 06:12 AM
Rick: that would depend on the forum software. I don't think i've ever been banned on a vbulletin board, but i'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way on ubbthreads boards for example.

Rick
09-26-2010, 08:37 AM
You may be right. I was just comparing the two on the same platform.

Aurelius95
09-26-2010, 09:52 AM
No big shakes. You can justifiably sign up again as scott_in_cali. Not that you'd want to...

I'm glad I'm here.

Justin Case
09-26-2010, 09:54 AM
No big shakes. You can justifiably sign up again as scott_in_cali. Not that you'd want to...

I'm glad I'm here.

Trust me, I know how,, I don't want to, That board is just a big cluster %#*^%. ;)

Alaskan Survivalist
09-26-2010, 09:58 AM
I was banned from a forum once for saying "Tra-la-la-lala-lalala-laaaa" at christmas time. Timing is everything when delivering a joke and mine was off that day.

Justin Case
09-26-2010, 10:02 AM
I was banned from a forum once for saying "Tra-la-la-lala-lalala-laaaa" at christmas time. Timing is everything when delivering a joke and mine was off that day.

The first time I was banned there was last Super bowl,, Somebody had called the Colts the "dolts",, well,, I countered by calling the Saints the "faints",, No big deal right ? Wrong ! one of the Mods is a die hard Saints fan .... LOL (Really, Not joking here !)

oly
09-26-2010, 11:15 AM
I once had a warrant officer that was a BYU fan that ran his mouth off and I was a UTE fan and we bumped heads. So I made him a picture so he would understand :FRlol:

This is your brain, UTEs

This is your brain on drugs BYU

He told me that he gave me them strips and he can take them away and I told him that if that all it takes, thats why they pin them on nowadays, easy on and easy off :argue:
Never did get busted.

DOGMAN
09-26-2010, 11:47 AM
a good, friendly well-moderated forum that I found recently is trapperman.com
they have a wilderness living forum that is very informative...it is very complimentary to the info on here....this forum is still my online home, but I do visit that one as well

crashdive123
09-26-2010, 12:09 PM
I do visit a few other forums. Most times it started as a curiosity thing. One - where political discussions were prominent, I thought that I could engage people with differing views - present logical arguments, backed by facts to present a view point that may be different than what they were used to. I was wrong. Nobody there was interested in debate. They just personally attacked what they didn't agree with. Honestly - the level of vitriol and hostility displayed toward those with differing views was disgusting. I found the level of discourse to be childish. I didn't get banned - I just left. There were not pronouncements saying what I thought of the members (many, not all). It's the Internet for goodness sakes. I just avoid stuff on it that I don't care for.

Justin Case
09-26-2010, 12:32 PM
Yes, Politics are like that,, Everybody thinks the other side is crazy,, You can see that all day long on Fox News and MSNBC.

2dumb2kwit
09-26-2010, 12:36 PM
I do visit a few other forums. Most times it started as a curiosity thing. One - where political discussions were prominent, I thought that I could engage people with differing views - present logical arguments, backed by facts to present a view point that may be different than what they were used to. I was wrong. Nobody there was interested in debate. They just personally attacked what they didn't agree with. Honestly - the level of vitriol and hostility displayed toward those with differing views was disgusting. I found the level of discourse to be childish. I didn't get banned - I just left. There were not pronouncements saying what I thought of the members (many, not all). It's the Internet for goodness sakes. I just avoid stuff on it that I don't care for.

Deja vue! For a minute there, I thought you were telling my story!:D LOL

2dumb2kwit
09-26-2010, 12:38 PM
Yes, Politics are like that,, Everybody thinks the other side is crazy,, You can see that all day long on Fox News and MSNBC.

There are many ways to dis-agree, without being childish, mean, and just plain nasty.:6:

Justin Case
09-26-2010, 12:49 PM
Getting banned would have been mean and nasty,

Sarge47
09-26-2010, 06:09 PM
Kinda makes ya wonder how long I'd last, huh? :confused1: :3:

Sarge47
09-26-2010, 06:12 PM
...I'll bet that was the survival forum that caused "Army Ranger Dick" to post his negative article, ya think? :confused1: :thumbup1:

crashdive123
09-26-2010, 06:13 PM
Kinda makes ya wonder how long I'd last, huh? :confused1: :3:

If you sign up, just ask the admins if you can be the official greeter for the newbs.:innocent:

Pocomoonskyeyes3
09-26-2010, 09:55 PM
I was going to see what all the fuss was about, but my browser couldn't connect to the server. They're obviously afraid of us furriners!

Well they just installed a new server and the site has been down a couple of times due to fixing problems with this "Move". My best advice to anyone visiting that site is to STAY OUT OF THE DARKSIDE!!! It is not a nice place, and even many of the members there do not venture there. If you are easily offended you will last about 2 minutes there.....maybe.:bat: However it is a place to play with trolls.
Dark Side of the Universe Members only troll away as much as you want section.

Don't worry Scott/Justin it's only a 30 day ban.

I do like the knife section though....

Sarge47
09-26-2010, 09:58 PM
I went to Justin's former website to register, only to find out that I'd registered already last year on 8/10/2009! I'd only posted 6 times & that was so I could check on some things.(you have to post a certain # of posts before they let you access everything.) For the record, it's a very boring forum. I could never get through the posts as I kept falling asleep! :sleep1: I remember it now, it's where I got the idea to adapt one of there rules about giving a 24 hour ban to anyone arguing with a moderator. Then I realized that Ken would never be able to stay on! :innocent: Justin, you ain't missin' anything there bro! :thumbdown: It appears to me that they've tried copying a lot of our ideas! :thumbup1: :clap: Remember, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery! :innocent:

Justin Case
09-27-2010, 09:39 AM
i made over 800 posts there before I got banned for joking about the Saints (Faints) last year.. lol,, anyway, I am glad it happened, Thats when I found this forum,, With great people, :) although I am sure some of you wish I stayed there,, sorry, But I like it here !

ps,, 6 months Poco,, lol

COPY,

You have received a new private message at Survivalist Forum from Gunner-Fisherman, entitled "You have received an infraction at Survivalist Forum".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:
[
This is the message that was sent:
Dear scottinaz,

You have received an infraction at Survivalist Forum.

Reason: 6 month ban
-------
For this:
Originally Posted by *Gunner-Fisherman*

This is what the Mod said in giant letters to a guy that simply said he didnt like the chat room.

Then let me suggest you don't use it then...

And before you post bashing something on this board, how about contacting a staff member or Mod FIRST…. If we can not handle it we will ask kev the site owner what can be done… _Consider this a warning please..._

We don’t come to your house bashing what color your home is painted… show some respect and you will have some given back to you…

Gunner

This is the post that got me banned,, lol

*Now I remember why I dont like this forum, the Mods have a God complex, The guy just asked a question,,,, This site sucks !!!! Because of the Mods !! No Need to Ban me, I wont be Back,, There are much friendlier survival forums out there !!!!!!!!!!!!!*
-------

(this Mod doesnt even know how to be a mod, he actually banned me twice,, lol, one for 60 days and this one for 6 months,, both for the same post ,, haha

finallyME
09-27-2010, 10:34 AM
I did it in 2 posts ! LOL,, if ya want to see my banning offenses , search my posts ( scottinaz) LOL

So, your forum name was scottinaz, aka "scott's an a**". :clap: :lol: :lol: :clap: No wonder you got banned. :innocent: :innocent: :whistling:

Justin Case
09-27-2010, 10:37 AM
So, your forum name was scottinaz, aka "scott's an a**". :clap: :lol: :lol: :clap: No wonder you got banned. :innocent: :innocent: :whistling:

LOL,,, no,, as in Scott in Arizona,, :angel:

finallyME
09-27-2010, 10:41 AM
Anyways, that is an interesting board. They get a ton of traffic, which I think dilutes them. 10% of the posters seem to know what they are talking about, and the other 90% seem to have no clue. This results in a whole lot of stupid answers to stupid questions. I don't think sarge would last as a moderator over there. He would explode. :splat:

finallyME
09-27-2010, 10:42 AM
LOL,,, no,, as in Scott in Arizona,, :angel:

Yeah I know, but it sounded better the other way. :cowboy:

Sarge47
09-27-2010, 11:53 AM
I don't think sarge would last as a moderator over there. He would explode. :splat:Nah! I'd have to wake up 1st! I was going to post giving Kev, whoever he is, crap for running Justin off & giving him to us in the process but decided not to. This "Kev" person is probably somebody we ran off here & started his own forum. Anyway, I think it's nice to have a place for the Numpties to go, don't you? :toomany: :kiss:

Justin Case
09-27-2010, 12:02 PM
Nah! I'd have to wake up 1st! I was going to post giving Kev, whoever he is, crap for running Justin off & giving him to us in the process but decided not to. This "Kev" person is probably somebody we ran off here & started his own forum. Anyway, I think it's nice to have a place for the Numpties to go, don't you? :toomany: :kiss:

LOL,, Ghee Thanks :sneaky2: :triage: :kiss:

Sarge47
09-27-2010, 12:22 PM
No problem! I think "nothing of it!" :cowboy:

cowgirlup
09-27-2010, 06:18 PM

It's best that you're here. On that forum by now 52 people would have been attacking your personal integrity, intelligence and right to breathe the same air as them because you said "Ghee", which is Indian clarified butter instead of "Gee".
And you'd have your own bashing thread in The darkside.

:whistling::innocent:

Rick
09-27-2010, 06:22 PM
Yeah. Over here only 26 will attack you and only the mods talk about you behind your back. Hey, Sarge, come here, look at what he did now.......

Justin Case
09-27-2010, 07:20 PM
Well, Gee,,, I did not know that, Thanks Cowgirlup :)

Gunnerman
01-11-2011, 08:19 PM
i made over 800 posts there before I got banned for joking about the Saints (Faints) last year.. lol,, anyway, I am glad it happened, Thats when I found this forum,, With great people, :) although I am sure some of you wish I stayed there,, sorry, But I like it here !

ps,, 6 months Poco,, lol

COPY,

You have received a new private message at Survivalist Forum from Gunner-Fisherman, entitled "You have received an infraction at Survivalist Forum".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:
[
This is the message that was sent:
Dear scottinaz,

You have received an infraction at Survivalist Forum.

Reason: 6 month ban
-------
For this:
Originally Posted by *Gunner-Fisherman*

This is what the Mod said in giant letters to a guy that simply said he didnt like the chat room.

Then let me suggest you don't use it then...

And before you post bashing something on this board, how about contacting a staff member or Mod FIRST…. If we can not handle it we will ask kev the site owner what can be done… _Consider this a warning please..._

We don’t come to your house bashing what color your home is painted… show some respect and you will have some given back to you…

Gunner

This is the post that got me banned,, lol

*Now I remember why I dont like this forum, the Mods have a God complex, The guy just asked a question,,,, This site sucks !!!! Because of the Mods !! No Need to Ban me, I wont be Back,, There are much friendlier survival forums out there !!!!!!!!!!!!!*
-------

(this Mod doesnt even know how to be a mod, he actually banned me twice,, lol, one for 60 days and this one for 6 months,, both for the same post ,, haha

How long before you get banned here?

Justin Case
01-11-2011, 08:21 PM

not likely,, these mods don't have god complexes , ;)

RangerXanatos
01-11-2011, 08:27 PM

I think this has gone bad.

Gunnerman.... Gunner-Fisherman...

Can we let what happend on other forums, stay on other forums?

crashdive123
01-11-2011, 08:29 PM

not likely,, these mods don't have god complexes , ;)

Might I suggest that IF it was you two that had an unpleasant experience with each other on another forum to please discuss it there. This forum is not the place. Thank you.

Justin Case
01-11-2011, 08:44 PM
I wont go back there no matter how hard they beg,, That place sucks,,,,

Gunnerman
01-11-2011, 08:53 PM
I am not that other gunner and I do not care to be hinted that I am. I just asked a question that is all. I know the other boards and saw what all happened. I will drop it but I just wanted to say that here you are not getting the whole story.

that's all I am saying

This is also a good site, lots of info here

crashdive123
01-11-2011, 08:53 PM
Let it go. Please. Even if you don't like it there. It's just going to antagonize anybody here that may like it there. Please let it go.

crashdive123
01-11-2011, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the clarification Gunnerman. Now it's time for us all to let it go.

Justin Case
01-11-2011, 08:58 PM
Let it go. Please. Even if you don't like it there. It's just going to antagonize anybody here that may like it there. Please let it go.

ok, Ill let it go,, but to say I didnt tell the truth is a lie as i posted the info,,,, (and gunner-man-fisher knows it !) a guy with 5 posts is going to come here and call me a liar,,,,,, ummmm NO,,,

Rick
01-11-2011, 08:59 PM
That's NOT letting it go. One more and I close the thread!

Gunnerman
01-11-2011, 09:00 PM
I let it go JC can you? Mod I explained that I am not GF in fact my SB name has noting to do with Guns or anything

Gunnerman
01-11-2011, 09:01 PM
Thank you sir

Rick
01-11-2011, 09:03 PM
When a mod tells you to let it go, he means stop pissing and moaning about it. I've closed the thread. If this continues elsewhere then I'll be closing both of you!

Sarge47
01-11-2011, 09:03 PM
Yeah, Justin, you're right, we don't have any God complexes among the mods...Wait! Someone just prayed that I part the Mississippi again, sheesh! I hate doing that; it messes up all the barge traffic...oh well....:angel: :boat: :sneaky2: :whistling:

(p.s.: does this mean that I can quit tithing to Rick? I'm running out of Twinkies!) :surrender:

crashdive123
01-11-2011, 09:04 PM
Do not let any disagreements spill over into other threads. If you cannot control yourself, use the ignore feature.