PDA

View Full Version : Hey people how are you?

Go_army2
05-09-2007, 06:23 AM
Hey im am i 13 year old just about out of middle school and im in a group that goes camping and stuff like that well about 2 weeks a go i had something called DTA basicly a training camp. and thier were boys, that did a survival camp and thats what really got me started on trying to learn survival i think its cool to know what to do with plants and anmals in the wild and how to build shelters and all. My mom thinks i am crazy )so does my dad sister and brother) but i dont care its sooo awesome to be out in the wild trying to survive like people bck in the 16th century. As you probably can tell and am just a little weird i mean every one at my school thinks im just very very weird beacuse i love doing this stuff but, im just a starter so yea this is long i hope to type to you later! :)

wolf
05-09-2007, 11:11 PM
Hey me too! everyone thinks im crazy but im 11

Go_army2
05-11-2007, 05:58 AM
lol 3 years younger but its some very interesting :)

Br0wn
05-11-2007, 07:58 AM
Wow! That’s cool go2 army2, keep at it no mater what anyone says. I love the great out-doors my dad used to take me hiking in a place called hocking hills in Ohio I think that’s were I got my interest and love for nature. When I was 17 I started learning and practicing wilderness survival and everyone including my family told me I was crazy and I was wasting my time. A year later I joined the US Navy I went to join the BUDS/SEAL program. A year later in training my knees broke down, so they dropped me from my program and sent me to the regular Navy on the USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN 72). It’s at this time that I started studding nature and all the different things plants can do. I started learning herbal medicine and have been doing it for the last two years I help mainly people on my ship when they are ill. I still love nature and love getting out in it to study practice and learn what are ancestors use to think common knowledge. Bottom line keep learning what you like to learn it always pays of and you will be able be close to the things you love. Keep the Knowledge Alive!!! :) God bless you
PS Jesus is Awesome!!!
:cool:

Go_army2
05-11-2007, 07:43 PM
go2 army2 lol you must love the army i always wanted to go into the army but my mom just wont let me go and plus i have a sickness that affects my knees and they wont let me go into it but ive alwayswanted to more of the navy seals i just like them i played one of thier games on ps2 and they had a movie clip trying to get people into it and most of it ever since 9/11 i had a feelng that just wanted me to go so i got into it and now i plan to go into Jrotc or rotc what ever they call it (i forgot already :)) well yea and its a pain not being able to go into the army i wanted to be proud to help my nation keep peace well yea but now i feel god wants me to be a missionary so yea i want to know every thing i can not that it'll do me any good going over seas but i like survival its a passion to me i want to be in the woods eating junk that you dont know what the heck it is and still eat it (lol :) well yea i just am PRETTY WEIRD!!!) and i will keep it going.

P.S.: the thing that got me sad is that mim in 8th grade andthier going to start a group called the survival fitness talking about this and ill be in 9th grade geez! well yea so yea bye

marberry
05-31-2007, 04:04 PM
wilderness survival has been my passion since i was 10 , (im 15) i actually did basic training in the canadian infantry just for the experience lol. the thing i do to test my survival skills is have a friend drive me to a random part of the canadian wilderness and come back to pick me up in 2-6 weeks , 6 weeks is my longes so far but i thing i could manage 10 comfortably. which is very easy when you see my survival kit lol , ill post it if ya want but its lllooonnngggg. keep at it survival training is an awesome hobby and can evn save ur life some day. no one evr said im crazy because i come from a family of hard core canadians lol , most of them surveyd in northern BC (where i lives for 2 years) and did 4+ years in the military.

the edge
06-14-2007, 09:24 PM
hey i know how ya feel im 14 and im pretty much the same as you

Go_army2
07-09-2007, 01:03 PM
lol some people feel like me lol

Sarge47
07-09-2007, 01:53 PM
Hey im am i 13 year old just about out of middle school and im in a group that goes camping and stuff like that well about 2 weeks a go i had something called DTA basicly a training camp. and thier were boys, that did a survival camp and thats what really got me started on trying to learn survival i think its cool to know what to do with plants and anmals in the wild and how to build shelters and all. My mom thinks i am crazy )so does my dad sister and brother) but i dont care its sooo awesome to be out in the wild trying to survive like people bck in the 16th century. As you probably can tell and am just a little weird i mean every one at my school thinks im just very very weird beacuse i love doing this stuff but, im just a starter so yea this is long i hope to type to you later! :)

I think it's really cool that you are into the outdoor scene. I'm 60 years old and drive buses for a living, including school buses and school activity trips. Occaisionaly I take a group of young people on an activity trip & we'll have to pass some beautiful scenery like a forest and/or a lake. I glance up into the mirror to see the reactions from the kids and none of them seem to care. They're busy talking on their cell phones or listening to their ipods. The younger you start getting into the outdoors, the better is my opinion!

Sarge47
07-09-2007, 02:17 PM
go2 army2 lol you must love the army i always wanted to go into the army but my mom just wont let me go and plus i have a sickness that affects my knees and they wont let me go into it but ive alwayswanted to more of the navy seals i just like them i played one of thier games on ps2 and they had a movie clip trying to get people into it and most of it ever since 9/11 i had a feelng that just wanted me to go so i got into it and now i plan to go into Jrotc or rotc what ever they call it (i forgot already :)) well yea and its a pain not being able to go into the army i wanted to be proud to help my nation keep peace well yea but now i feel god wants me to be a missionary so yea i want to know every thing i can not that it'll do me any good going over seas but i like survival its a passion to me i want to be in the woods eating junk that you dont know what the heck it is and still eat it (lol :) well yea i just am PRETTY WEIRD!!!) and i will keep it going.

P.S.: the thing that got me sad is that mim in 8th grade andthier going to start a group called the survival fitness talking about this and ill be in 9th grade geez! well yea so yea bye

I can relate to this, at 17 I tried to enlist in the Marines. I have bad ears and they wouldn't take me. Even the draft board, which was active at that time, didn't want me, and this was when they were shipping just about every body they could over to Viet-Nam. Jesus probably saved my hide with my bad hearing that I've been plauged with since the age of three. Just remember, God is in control!

Go_army2
07-10-2007, 08:00 AM
I think it's really cool that you are into the outdoor scene. I'm 60 years old and drive buses for a living, including school buses and school activity trips. Occaisionaly I take a group of young people on an activity trip & we'll have to pass some beautiful scenery like a forest and/or a lake. I glance up into the mirror to see the reactions from the kids and none of them seem to care. They're busy talking on their cell phones or listening to their ipods. The younger you start getting into the outdoors, the better is my opinion!

i mean im going into high school and you know i am in a little buit of forest around here sometimes you see a lovely sence and you know i am in a stare at it just seeing thatyou know but when i look back every one ethier listening to thier mp3 players most of the m any way but they have that face were they dont care i dont know but yea

Go_army2
07-10-2007, 08:02 AM
I can relate to this, at 17 I tried to enlist in the Marines. I have bad ears and they wouldn't take me. Even the draft board, which was active at that time, didn't want me, and this was when they were shipping just about every body they could over to Viet-Nam. Jesus probably saved my hide with my bad hearing that I've been plauged with since the age of three. Just remember, God is in control!

yea, but yea i guess if i go to the navy seals maybe god does not want me their but sometimes it seems like people are holding you down you know?