PDA

View Full Version : Titanic sunk by steering mistake

RangerXanatos
09-23-2010, 11:24 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100922/lf_nm_life/us_britain_titanic_book

Simple mistake caused a wreck with the iceberg.
Selfish mistake caused the loss of lives.

TSHTF for all people onboard because of one man's decision to follow selfish orders.

Justin Case
09-23-2010, 11:34 AM
Interesting,,,, But,,

Patten, who made the revelations to coincide with the publication of her new novel "Good as Gold" into which her account of events are woven, said that the conversion from sail ships to steam meant there were two different steering systems.

Thanks for the link :)

lucznik
09-23-2010, 01:32 PM
An interesting supposition but, where's the proof?

Charles Lightoller died in 1952. He allegedly told this amazing secret only to his wife, who told it only to her daughter, who then told it only to her own daughter with the understanding that it must be kept strictly within the family as a hero's reputation was at stake.

Now this granddaughter is writing a NOVEL about the tragedy and sets about inspiring more sales by revealing this ne'er before told secret - with no actual proof. Sounds like a sales gimmick to me.

hunter63
09-23-2010, 02:02 PM
I guess y'all never heard the TRUE story........
long listen but worth it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3taGb6Znlk

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVach6dok3s&feature=related

Batch
09-23-2010, 06:22 PM
It was the jews that sunk the Titanic!

It was a Goldberg that sunk the Titanic...

What's that you say? Iceberg???

Iceberg, Goldberg same difference!

You all sort this out and when you do, you make the fella that is responsible un-sink that ship right away... :fishface:

Justin Case
09-23-2010, 06:27 PM
It Sunk cause it had a hole in it !:drink:

Batch
09-23-2010, 06:33 PM
Lots of ships have holes. That's what the steam comes out of on the stacks.

I hypothesize that it sank cause it was filled with water thereby defeating it buoyant properties. As a vessel filled with a volume of water greater than that which it displaces shall not float.

I think it'll sink... :turned: Listing to the right just slightly :drink:

Justin Case
09-23-2010, 06:41 PM
I see, In reflection, i agree with you, Its safe to say It was no longer a Boat and more of an anchor :drunk:

Rick
09-23-2010, 07:53 PM
'Ere now, captain, look at this. The bloody ship's wheel was made in China. Would that make it a lefty loosy or a righty tighty?

crashdive123
09-23-2010, 08:10 PM
I've been on plenty of ships that sank.:innocent:

Justin Case
09-23-2010, 08:15 PM
i've Been On Plenty Of Ships That Sank.:innocent:

Lol,,,,,,,,:yes:

Batch
09-23-2010, 09:34 PM
I've been on plenty of ships that sank.:innocent:

Up periscope...

Calex1976
09-23-2010, 10:46 PM
I read this article yesterday. I've been a captain for seven years and been on boats since I was a kid. The first thing you do when run a boat is check out propulsion and steering system. I find it hard to believe that the steersman turned the wrong way, and no one noticed or corrected the problem. As lucznik said it sounds like a sales gimmick to me.