PDA

View Full Version : Alligator Mouth/Hummingbird A$$

Justin Case
09-21-2010, 01:08 PM
WOW,, This guy is Crazy ! Does he not know The USA has the greatest Fighting Force on the Planet ?

http://abcnews.go.com/International/iran-president-threatens-us-war-boundaries-nuclear-faclities/story?id=11689305

Asger
09-21-2010, 03:27 PM
I dont trust those guys, especially not enough for them to have nuclear weapons...

abe
09-21-2010, 03:41 PM
He really is looney tunes. Probably the next anti-christ.

crashdive123
09-21-2010, 05:48 PM
Now, now.........keep the politics out of it.

Batch
09-21-2010, 07:58 PM
I know this will be unpopular. But , we should walk a mile in the other fellows moccasins. Do you know the history of US intervention in Iran. Other countries intervention in Iran?

How the Shaw came to power and what he did during that period?

I am a hawk. But, I perch precariously.

Justin Case
09-21-2010, 08:00 PM
Still Isnt very smart to threaten The USA with a war on our soil ,, or anywhere else,, IMO :)

Batch
09-21-2010, 08:06 PM
Because the average American understands war abroad?

Listen the middle east is a powder keg. His threat was veiled and sometimes our actions are uncalled for. But, neither side is right in this situation. IMHO

canid
09-21-2010, 08:09 PM
That man is crazier than the rest of the people in Iran combined. This has been evident for a long time.

Sarge47
09-21-2010, 08:14 PM
WOW,, This guy is Crazy ! Does he not know The USA has the greatest Fighting Force on the Planet ?

http://abcnews.go.com/International/iran-president-threatens-us-war-boundaries-nuclear-faclities/story?id=11689305
It's all a matter of how our military leadership is respected or not, give me a Texan over a Hawaiian any day of the week! Ya'all don't mess with Texas, or Texans!(Note, this is the "politically correct" version.)

Justin Case
09-21-2010, 08:40 PM
Because the average American understands war abroad?

Listen the middle east is a powder keg. His threat was veiled and sometimes our actions are uncalled for. But, neither side is right in this situation. IMHO

No, because they will start a war they Can't win,,, I was not posting this in response to the politics that may be involved,, I am just saying, Its not wise to Threaten the strongest Military in the world,, Especially when you are a guest in this country ,,

Justin Case
09-21-2010, 08:41 PM
It's all a matter of how our military leadership is respected or not, give me a Texan over a Hawaiian any day of the week! Ya'all don't mess with Texas, or Texans!(Note, this is the "politically correct" version.)

No Not really.

Winter
09-21-2010, 10:15 PM
Another Roach threatening a boot.

crimescene450
09-22-2010, 05:36 PM
I know this will be unpopular. But , we should walk a mile in the other fellows moccasins. Do you know the history of US intervention in Iran. Other countries intervention in Iran?

How the Shaw came to power and what he did during that period?

I am a hawk. But, I perch precariously.

I agree,

My best friend is Persian and he visits his family every summer in Iran, and he says ALOT of people over there really hate Ahmedinejad.

IMO the average American's view of Iran is very misguided.

Rick
09-22-2010, 07:10 PM
The scary part for me is Iran has the 10th largest army on the planet. They can put 2.3 million troops on the field. The U.S. can field 2.4 million. It won't be a war of attrition, that's for sure.

crashdive123
09-22-2010, 08:06 PM
It would be wonderful if wars never were fought. If they are, they should be prosecuted with such overwhelming force that the enemy will quickly lose the will to fight. While it may be nobel to avoid collateral damage, that is what puts a quick end to wars. If wars were prosecuted in this manner, there would be fewer of them.

Rick
09-22-2010, 08:21 PM
Or fought by those that declare them.

canid
09-22-2010, 08:42 PM
Or fought by those that declare them.

that's the one.

"does this conflict need to be settled with arms?"

"yes, i'm afraid it's come to that"

"ok, here's your rifle mr. president/prime minister/senator/etc."

Rick
09-22-2010, 09:06 PM
I think if you're bad enough to declare war on someone then you're bad enough to declare that you've won the war without ever having fought.

We declare war on France and declare that we have won the war.
But you didn't actually fight France.
So? I declare war on you and I declare that I won the war. How's that? I'm an 2 and 0.

Winter
09-22-2010, 09:57 PM
The scary part for me is Iran has the 10th largest army on the planet. They can put 2.3 million troops on the field. The U.S. can field 2.4 million. It won't be a war of attrition, that's for sure.

hahaha.

Sorry Rick, but in 1990 Iraq had the fifth largest army.

It quickly dropped in ranking.

A conventional army fighting the US conventionally would be totally screwed.

It would be like DS/DS .

Rick
09-23-2010, 12:07 AM
It may not be correct but this is where I got the 10th ranking from.

http://www.espritdecorps.ca/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=260:worlds-ten-largest-armies&catid=39:personnel&Itemid=82

And here is the headcount:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_number_of_troops