PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Indiana

ditchmedic
12-31-2007, 02:55 PM
Hi, i love all things outdoors. Camping, hiking, fishing, hunting and all the sorts. I am a firefighter/paramedic in north central Indiana. I am new to the survival aspect of outdoors, but I was a boy scout for years and have always had a little survival knowledge. I have already learned a lot from this site over the last few weeks. I look forward to learning even more. Thanks

Sarge47
12-31-2007, 03:02 PM
Welcome to the Wolf-Pack, Ditch Medic!(DM) You're our 2nd "Professional" Medical Person to show up in as many days! Add to that you were a Boy Scout and that makes you all right in my book, just beware of a couple of "hard-cases"; WarEagle & TRAX, (or was it FVR) They were pretty rough Boy Scouts!:eek::rolleyes:

On the serious side I think it's great to have a "Para-medic" on board. We've had, from time to time, folks show up here trying to impress the rest of us with their gross stupidity by attempting to go off into the Wilderness with little or nothing for extended periods of time without realizing not only the danger they are putting themselves in, but the danger involving the S & R personel, as your other post pointed out. You have entered a noble occupation and I for one am glad you are around to protect people!:cool:

pgvoutdoors
12-31-2007, 03:16 PM
:)Welcome ditchMedic,
Nice to have yo aboard !!!! I too was a Boy Scout, learned a lot, then a U.S. Marine, and now I'm a Asst. Scoutmaster. The BSA still offers boys a way to learn many of the skills we talk about.

Enjoy the group, I've found it very interesting!

corndog-44
12-31-2007, 03:18 PM
Welcome to the Wilderness Survival Forums. I'm up here in north/central Indiana, as well. Good to see another Hoosier on the Forum.

nell67
12-31-2007, 04:00 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Jay
12-31-2007, 04:41 PM
Welcome to the forum DM. Is it ok if I pm you sometime about first aid stuff?
Jay

Rick
12-31-2007, 05:11 PM
Yikes! Sarge was talking about gross stupidity and I thought he was talking about me there for a second. Whew! Welcome, DM, Hamilton County down here in Hoosier land. Welcome home!

ditchmedic
12-31-2007, 06:10 PM
Welcome to the forum DM. Is it ok if I pm you sometime about first aid stuff?
Jay

yea anytime, we are all here for info. post a new thread if you want. i would be happy to answer any and all first aid questions.