PDA

View Full Version : CON Man......real GOOD Con man......scary good CON MAN.

Sourdough
08-27-2010, 10:58 AM
Wow, I lucked out this time, but it was just luck. I like to think that at my age I have some degree of skill at detecting a con, I like to think I can tell if something is a total fabrication, a lie, a con.

This guy was so good he spent two day ordering FBI agents around, telling them what to do. He has con many business, police officers & departments, and many Innocent people who fall for his con.

He tried to buy some pistols from me at the last gun show Aug. 7'th & 8'th he was in full dress military uniform, telling city security officers what to do at the show for security, he seemed to be in charge. He told me he had just got back from Afghanistan, that he was a military ploice officer, rank: Captain.

He was buying lots of firearms and ammo with checks, which it turns out were bogus checks. He is a convicted felon, in possession of handguns. He kept buying firearms and stacking them up in a pile behind the security table. He bought a lot of firearms.

He was/is the best I have ever encountered. He is wanted all over America, and Alaska just issued a $100,000.00 arrest warrant for him. http://www.ktva.com/oldlocal/ci_15907788?source=rss

Sourdough
08-27-2010, 11:53 AM
I think I just Cutted & Pasted for the first time. http://www.ktva.com/oldlocal/ci_15907788?source=rss

Justin Case
08-27-2010, 12:04 PM
Yep, you sure did ! Thanks for the link ;)

Justin Case
08-27-2010, 12:18 PM
Thats Crazy,,,, why dont Alaska Police have access to NCIC ?? That should be an automatic check when they run a name ? I think the Officer that had contact with him failed in not requesting a check through NCIC,,,

Pal334
08-27-2010, 12:27 PM
Actually which is of the most importance? The thief, or that SD did an actual by golly gee whizz cut and past? :)

Sourdough
08-27-2010, 12:37 PM
When I started the thread, I was thinking about how hard, no impossible to tell the "Con" from the person desperately needing help, in a SHTF event and in the aftermath of TSHTF event. Remember the cons in the movie "The BOOK" with the road block and the woman chained down, begging, "Help Me, Please Help Me".

Rick
08-27-2010, 12:52 PM
We will drag you into the 21st Century whether you want to come or not. Skills learned!!!!

Here's a pic of the nutball.

http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=20049

Justin Case
08-27-2010, 12:57 PM
He looks like a fruit cake ,,,,

Ken
08-27-2010, 01:00 PM
We will drag you into the 21st Century whether you want to come or not. Skills learned!!!!

Here's a pic of the nutball.

http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=20049

Oh, yeah. Look at that waistline. Clearly military SF material there. :sneaky2:

Ken
08-27-2010, 01:16 PM
About 20 years ago, a kid in his early 20's managed to get himself in a pool full of crap when he conned dozens of people in town.

Earlier, I had represented him regarding a "misunderstanding" over a bad check he had written for a private used car sale.

Soon after that, the guy rented a small store in town, and quickly stocked it with everything from cigarettes and groceries to cheap watches and small electronics. His checks to suppliers started bouncing in days.

The police went to his store and discovered that he had emptied the place of everything of any value. When he learned that the law was looking for him, he called one of the police detectives, claiming to be me, and threatened him with legal action.

He didn't know that the cop he was speaking to was one of my best friends.

He got a 3 - 5 sentence on over 30 counts of fraud and larceny by check. :)

gryffynklm
08-27-2010, 01:25 PM
Hey SD nice cut and paste.

What was that thread about impersonating Military. See its not so bad.

Ken, sort of gives a different meaning to "Special" forces.

BENESSE
08-27-2010, 01:43 PM
There are so many things wrong on so many levels that it makes me wonder much more about the LE and other people gullible enough to buy this moron's jive. Just for starters...are they blind?

Sourdough
08-27-2010, 02:17 PM
I think there is a tendency to want to honor the uniform. The only thing that saved me is I have a strict NO Checks policy. Yes, he is fat, but he sure could talk.

BENESSE
08-27-2010, 02:34 PM
It takes all kind.
Just because someone wears a uniform doesn't guarantee sound character. We've seen that play out over and over again and yet people fall for it more often than not. And the criminals know it too. Maybe I've just become too jaded living where I do and hearing about someone or other impersonating a police officer, a fire fighter or a sheriff.

BENESSE
08-27-2010, 02:53 PM
Stand back everybody...looks like Ken's coming around!!!

Justin Case
08-27-2010, 02:54 PM
Stand back everybody...looks like Ken's coming around!!!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1327/1352386800_2488ac617b.jpg

rudyumans
08-27-2010, 03:32 PM
Just to cheer you up a little bit SD, look at it this way. Nowadays a lot of people brag that they have some sort of distant relative who know Jesse James (the original) and people go wow. You story is much better.

Ken
08-27-2010, 03:43 PM
Just to cheer you up a little bit SD, look at it this way. Nowadays a lot of people brag that they have some sort of distant relative who know Jesse James and people go wow. You story is much better.

I'd much rather know his ex-wife. :innocent:

http://londonist.com/attachments/Londonist/bunny.jpg

rudyumans
08-27-2010, 03:54 PM
Sorry Ken, but that looks fake. Her breast don't line up and no hmmm center points. ( not sure what i can say here) I admit first thing I looked at. Her right arm is... don't what it is, but I am glad it's not mine and doesn't line up with her shoulder, and her face looks like that of a guy with the hair of Cohan the barbarian. It also looks like she is p'ing, but that could be me. A photoshop masterpiece (not). A handsome fellow like yourself can do better than that.

So, the next time you go on one of those dating site (not that you need it) and you see a picture of somebody you are interested in, maybe you should let me look at it first before you go any further. LOL

UPDATE: This is not valid anymore, he changed the picture without notifying me in a timely manner. Darned.

rudyumans
08-27-2010, 04:01 PM
You changed the picture !!!! besides I meant the original Jesse James

rudyumans
08-27-2010, 04:04 PM
How about this one :innocent:

http://grza.net/GIS/Animals/Baby%20Bunny%20Rabbits%20Black%20and%20White.jpg

Now, she does look like she's p'ing

UPDATE AGAIN!!! He changed his picture on me too!!

What is this???

canid
08-27-2010, 04:42 PM
the biggest risk i feel i would be at in the event of a major emergency/disaster is in the trust department. i'm certainly no easy mark mind you, but i have a hard time saying no to somebody i believe is in real need if i think i can help.

also; congrats on the copy/paste

Pocomoonskyeyes3
08-27-2010, 07:18 PM
Who Cares about yet another crook......

SourDough Copied and Pasted!!!!

Good Job SD!!!! WooHoo!!!:thumbup::ladysman::w00t::punk::banana:

Ken
08-27-2010, 07:25 PM
Who Cares about yet another crook......

SourDough Copied and Pasted!!!!

Good Job SD!!!! WooHoo!!!:thumbup::ladysman::w00t::punk::banana:

So did Nativedude. :innocent:

Rick
08-27-2010, 07:25 PM
In other news....

We interrupt our coverage of man's first steps on the moon to let you know that Sourdough managed to copy and paste for the fist time!

http://www.cafleurebon.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Walter_Cronkite_on_television_1976.jpg

Ken
08-27-2010, 07:29 PM
I'd much rather know his ex-wife. :innocent:

http://londonist.com/attachments/Londonist/bunny.jpg

I think, I truly believe, that Rick edited my post. Why? Because the picture was changed, and there isn't a trace of tampering. That could only be Rick. There's no way that Sandra Bullock looks anything like that bunny.

Pocomoonskyeyes3
08-27-2010, 07:29 PM
So did Nativedude. :innocent:

But the difference is that SD is a Good guy, ND was ..... well like the guy in the story that SD COPIED AND PASTED!!!! This really is a story that Walter Cronkite is The ONLY man for the job to cover this story. You picked the right man Rick!!!

Rick
08-27-2010, 07:32 PM
It's big, I tell ya. Really big!

BENESSE
08-27-2010, 09:05 PM
I'm getting a nose bleed trying to make sense out of this.
Hey if I haven't said this before, welcome back Ken.

Ken
08-27-2010, 09:06 PM
Thanks, BENESSE! :)

rudyumans
08-27-2010, 09:27 PM
I'm getting a nose bleed trying to make sense out of this.
Hey if I haven't said this before, welcome back Ken.

I am not sure either, but I think it started with my post #17. Something about Jesse James. Ken thought I meant the ex of Sandra Bullock. (I actually meant the original Jesse James, but i did not say that) So, ken posted a spicy picture of Sandra bullock that didn't look good at all in my opinion. I replied to that in post #17. He changed that picture for another spicy pictures.So my reply didn't make any sense anymore. In reply Scott posted some pictures of Sandra Bullock also that were even spicier. All these pictures were suddenly changed by a mistery person into bunny pictures.

That copy and paste thing is I guess about that SD finally mastered the art of copy and past a link. Not sure, but it sounds like it was something like this.

Justin Case
08-27-2010, 09:39 PM
In reply Scott posted some pictures of Sandra Bullock also that were even spicier. All these pictures were suddenly changed by a mistery person into bunny pictures.

Rick :sneaky2:,,

BENESSE
08-27-2010, 10:38 PM
This thread degenerated into Alzheimer's over 80 forum.
Even with rudy's explanation I'm still lost.

Sourdough
08-28-2010, 03:31 PM
He is in jail for a little while........:) http://newsminer.com/view/full_story/9309424/article-Wanted-con-artist-posing-as-Army-officer-is-arrested-in-Deadhorse-?instance=home_news_window_left_top_4

crashdive123
08-28-2010, 03:32 PM
I wonder if he'll be able to talk his way out of this one.

Sourdough
08-28-2010, 03:58 PM
Lets say he bought 10 pistols at the last gun show with bad checks. Were those firearms stolen.......? If he sold them for cash, was he fencing stolen property......?

BENESSE
08-28-2010, 04:04 PM
So does ANYone think this is OK? Is it just the cost of doing biddness and a small price to pay for you know..2nd Amend., and all?
Truly, just axin'...don't read into it any more than just written.

crashdive123
08-28-2010, 04:25 PM
Not sure what you are asking B. He broke the law - several counts of it. Adding more laws on top of ones that he already violated (I know you were not saying that) would not make what he did any more illegal.

BENESSE
08-28-2010, 04:53 PM
Not sure what you are asking B. He broke the law - several counts of it. Adding more laws on top of ones that he already violated (I know you were not saying that) would not make what he did any more illegal.

You know Crash, it's just my frustration about not hearing loud and clear the call for stringent enforcement of the laws already on the books. Somehow they always seems to be an afterthought...like, oh yeah, we've got the laws but since we don't have the resolve to enforce them we'll just overcompensate.

Rick
08-28-2010, 05:03 PM
I think everyone figured it was just a matter of time before he was caught. He'll go back to prison, probably for much longer this time. The system will do it's job, hopefully, and it will be over with.

BENESSE
08-28-2010, 05:45 PM
This is what I want to hear from y'all.
Literally:

"We will do whatever it takes to keep firearms away from criminals and and in the hands of law abiding citizens."

Now, what's wrong with that?

Sourdough
08-28-2010, 06:29 PM
This is what I want to hear from y'all.
Literally:

"We will do whatever it takes to keep firearms away from criminals and and in the hands of law abiding citizens."

Now, what's wrong with that?

OK, works for me, say we burn or tattoo a large "F" for felon on there forehead when they are paroled. Side Note: One of the last hunts I guided was a Father & Son hunters. The son about 29 years old & has two handguns and a rifle, and the son is on probation, and just got out of prison for felony drug dealing. The father Say's, "He really is a good kid, he just had some problems". (Ya'Think....? Me thinks the father also)

BENESSE
08-28-2010, 08:53 PM
AGREED! tattoo wise, or whatever it takes-wise.
0 tolerance for bs, is what I'm for. Can we at least agree on that?

Rick
08-29-2010, 12:50 AM
I like the tattoo thing. We can shave their eyebrows, too. Just for fun.

Ya'll probably saw that a US envoy's daughter fell 22 stories to her death. Had been out partying all night, drunk, leaned over the ledge and took flight. She had posted on Facebook about getting hammered and spending time in the clubs and doing drugs. Oh, yeah, she was 17. Where the heck are the parents?

BENESSE
08-29-2010, 10:31 AM
That could have happened anywhere. Parents aren't around their teens 24/7 and when they go off to college or on a class trip or wherever, all bets are off. The examples abound. (Natalie Holloway?)
All a parent can hope for is that enough common sense is instilled to help them resist wrong company and peer pressure.

Rick
08-29-2010, 01:19 PM
Sorry. At seventeen my kids were NOT staying out to 4:00 a.m. Unless she was a gifted student, she wasn't in college at 17 either. You can bet your bottom dollar I would have been reviewing her Facebook page if she were mine AND knowing where she was AND who she was with AND what they were doing. My kids were far from saints and got into everything a kid gets into. But more than once they turned around to find me there. I was an embarrassment to one and all. They are still alive and aren't in jail so we must have done something right AND got lucky.

They also knew they had three rules to live by. Drink + Drive = No Drive! They break that rule and they would be walking. No Seatbelt + ride or drive = No Drive! They break that rule and they would be walking. NO DRUGS = 0 tolerance. Period! No 2nd chance.

Justin Case
08-29-2010, 01:37 PM
Sorry. At seventeen my kids were NOT staying out to 4:00 a.m. Unless she was a gifted student, she wasn't in college at 17 either. You can bet your bottom dollar I would have been reviewing her Facebook page if she were mine AND knowing where she was AND who she was with AND what they were doing. My kids were far from saints and got into everything a kid gets into. But more than once they turned around to find me there. I was an embarrassment to one and all. They are still alive and aren't in jail so we must have done something right AND got lucky.

They also knew they had three rules to live by. Drink + Drive = No Drive! They break that rule and they would be walking. No Seatbelt + ride or drive = No Drive! They break that rule and they would be walking. NO DRUGS = 0 tolerance. Period! No 2nd chance.

What would you have done if you found out your kid tried pot ? just curious,, BTW,, they probably did ;)

Rick
08-29-2010, 02:17 PM
They tried, I found out, and they got to spend time in rehab. Like I said. 0 tolerance. You want to do that stuff in your own house, have at. You won't do it here. Period.

Every kid tries it. Probably 99% but they know dad doesn't talk just to hear himself talk. If I tell them something they can believe.

Justin Case
08-29-2010, 02:36 PM
They tried, I found out, and they got to spend time in rehab. Like I said. 0 tolerance. You want to do that stuff in your own house, have at. You won't do it here. Period.

Every kid tries it. Probably 99% but they know dad doesn't talk just to hear himself talk. If I tell them something they can believe.

Cool,, I was just curious about what you considered zero tolerance,,, I am glad you wouldn't disown them for example :)

BENESSE
08-29-2010, 04:02 PM
I don't disagree Rick--I'd just like to distinguish upbringing vs. policing.
I was away from home and in school at 17. No parents to make sure I got home at a decent hour, attended classes and associated with decent kids. I did it because of the discipline instilled in me very early on and because I was made to understand that the consequences of bad behavior extended well beyond taking my car keys away or grounding me for a month or denying me computer privileges.
Kids at any age need to be taught not just right from wrong but to do the right thing even when no one's watching--especially the parents.
Too many people not just the young ones, don't quite get that when you choose the behavior, you choose the consequences