PDA

View Full Version : Les is back!

Sarge47
08-20-2010, 11:52 PM
His new series, "Beyond Survival," starts next Friday night in "Dual Survival's" slot. Looks interesting. :cool2:

sgtdraino
08-21-2010, 09:05 PM
Tell me more.

And can it be watched online? I cancelled my cable.

Justin Case
08-21-2010, 09:09 PM
Tell me more.

And can it be watched online? I cancelled my cable.

you can start w/ this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOAzRvsla7g

I am pretty sure it will be posted on youtube the day after its on tv,, just go to youtube and search the name :)

RangerXanatos
08-21-2010, 09:33 PM
you can start w/ this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOAzRvsla7g

I am pretty sure it will be posted on youtube the day after its on tv,, just go to youtube and search the name :)

You could also probably watch it on the Discovery website. When I watch Dual Survivor, that's how I do it.

Erratus Animus
08-21-2010, 10:03 PM
Yeah Les is pretty cool. I owe him alot for creating tv I care to watch on a Friday so my wife and girls arent watch some other crap :)

Batch
08-22-2010, 10:39 AM
Looks like a good show.

Asger
08-22-2010, 10:53 AM
Can't wait!

TomChemEngineer
08-22-2010, 02:42 PM
Yep, good stuff. After watching several other "Survival" type shows and scenarios, I learned to appreciate Les Stroud and the way he does his thing more and more. Not saying that all of the others are "bad" or "good", but just different from one man dropping himself off for a week in the middle of nowhere, then making do with no crew, no contrived stuff, no "game" or "acting". I was watching a few of Les' "Survivorman" shows yesterday, and it was refreshing to get away from the "Colony", "Dual Survival", "Man,Woman,Wild" and back to the single man, his pack, and the wilds. I like the others, some more than others, but I seem to learn more from Les.

rwc1969
08-22-2010, 06:46 PM
The one thing that really bothers me about these shows, and after watching les's re-runs yesterday it really hit me, is the fact that when they kill something they say they honor it by eating it or the like. They're only honoring their self image and animal activists by saying that. I'm sure the animal feels just as bad about the whole deal either way.

When I kill something I eat it and I don't tell stories about how I honor it's death. LOL!

The only ritual I perform on game is the one where I rip it's guts out, drag it home, wash the blood and guts out from under my fingernails and eat it.

I don't do a voodoo dance and say "I honor you by eating you". WTF!

Sarge47
08-27-2010, 08:16 PM
Don't forget, 9pm CST tonight! :cool2:

canid
08-27-2010, 08:33 PM
The only ritual I perform on game is the one where I rip it's guts out, drag it home, wash the blood and guts out from under my fingernails and eat it.

I don't do a voodoo dance and say "I honor you by eating you". WTF!

i'm as troubled by that as you are by your interpretation of their motives.

an apology never seems to weigh enough when i give one either, but i still feel compelled to offer those when they are deserved as well.

this is not to offend, just to illustrate another perspective.

klickitat
08-27-2010, 08:54 PM
I have nothing but respect for Les. Anyone who can go out in any condition and survive is tough. Add all that camera gear and do retake after retake in some situations, well remind me not to piss you off, I do not care how much bigger I am than you. WOW.