PDA

View Full Version : Death doth come eventually, Good bye John Graybill

Sourdough
08-18-2010, 09:41 AM
Well, I have learned that the two people killed in the plane crash 37 miles north of McGrath last week were my friend the famous outlaw John Graybill, and his wife Dolly who rented office space from me back in the early 80's.

John Graybill was one of the greatest super cub drivers I ever rode with, he could land places that would scare a Mountain Goat. He once landed me on a knife sharp ridge that was so steep he had to hold full power while I jumped out, and pushed the tail of the super cub enough that the plane just fell off the cliff, and he was airborne & going to get my Dall Sheep hunter/client.

John was an "Outlaw" poacher but he was like able, meek, and one hell'of a Super Cub pilot. John was 79 year old, he was one of the very few "Old & Bold" pilots. He died doing what he loved. There was a National Geographic article on John about ten years ago, Rick I am going to try and forward the complete article to your office, as the one on the web is incomplete.

Sourdough
08-18-2010, 09:48 AM
It appears that the complete article is available at Jeff Wise Blog as he wrote the article for National Geographic Magazine.

Justin Case
08-18-2010, 09:52 AM
It appears that the complete article is available at Jeff Wise Blog as he wrote the article for National Geographic Magazine.

Here is a link to it :)
http://jeffwise.wordpress.com/2010/08/14/john-graybills-national-geographic-adventure-profile/

Sourdough
08-18-2010, 10:17 AM
Here is a link to it :)
http://jeffwise.wordpress.com/2010/08/14/john-graybills-national-geographic-adventure-profile/

Thank You..........:)

crashdive123
08-18-2010, 12:51 PM
Sorry for the loss of your friend. As you say, he went, doing what he loved doing.

Rick
08-18-2010, 12:58 PM
Good friends are usually few and far between and losing one is always difficult. I'm sorry for your loss.

gryffynklm
08-18-2010, 01:47 PM
Sorry for your loss, and thank you for bring him to our attention.

Pal334
08-18-2010, 01:53 PM
Sorry for the lose, but in a way you have to admire he went out doing what he loved and he was with his wife, she must have been a special lady also