PDA

View Full Version : What do you think ?

Tony uk
12-28-2007, 02:25 PM
I was looking through soldier mag and found this
http://www.fernknives.com/gerber/lmf-ii-infantry/1817/

the LMF 2 infantry knife

It looks to be quite good but ive never really uses any knife from gerber.

it costs almost £90 and is one of the most expensive knifes ive seen

Do you guys think that it is worth that ?

I think that its a bit of a rip-off myself but thats just me

Sarge47
12-28-2007, 03:23 PM
I was looking through soldier mag and found this
http://www.fernknives.com/gerber/lmf-ii-infantry/1817/

the LMF 2 infantry knife

It looks to be quite good but ive never really uses any knife from gerber.

it costs almost £100 and is one of the most expensive knifes ive seen

Do you guys think that it is worth that ?

I think that its a bit of a rip-off myself but thats just me
Your English "pounds" is a bit over $2 American, so I'm surprised at your figure. the price shown here is $91 and I would rather deal with another company for the same knife along with the "seat-belt" cutting tool included with the knife for a lower price:

http://www.knifesupply.com/eshop/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=G1400

Where did you come up with 100 pounds Tony?:confused:

Tony uk
12-28-2007, 04:57 PM
I was going to say £90 but i mis typed it :p Typo

Thats a better price Sarge, Thanks For The Info :)

Sarge47
12-28-2007, 08:10 PM
That knife, BTW, on my list of one to own someday soon. I like the "lashing holes" in the sides of the "hilt" to aid in "spear-making".:cool:

Tony uk
12-28-2007, 08:15 PM
That was the reason that i was going to get it, i was going to get a fishing permit and try out spear fishing useing my knife, Also it does seem up to the other jobs. How long is your list Sarge ?

Are you a bit of a knife collector ?

Rick
12-28-2007, 08:22 PM
"Sarge, hurry up. Look, the heathen hordes are knocking at the city gate!"
"Hmm. Should I take my K-Bar or my LMF 2? Oh, wait. How about my Leatherman?
"Okay, sure. The gates are giving way!"
"You know, I've always had a special place in my heart for this Swiss Army knife."
(tug on sleeve). Uh, okay but the gate gave way. They are inside the city!"
"Well I can't very well leave without my SOG Fusion, now can I!?"

Tony uk
12-28-2007, 08:24 PM
I would grab a bottle fill it with kero stick a piece of t shirt in te top light it and chuck it buy time :P

I would take my machete so i would :D

Sarge47
12-28-2007, 08:28 PM
How long is your list Sarge ? Are you a bit of a knife collector ?

I guess you could say that, it's not a very long list and here it is:

1.) A very good quality "Ghurka" knife.
2.) Gerber LMF II
3.) Swedish Mora knife
4.) Camillus Air Force Survival knife.
5.) Ontario's RAT 7, preferably with D2 steel.
6.) Ontario's R--Tac II.

For what I could spend on one "Custom-made" knife I could buy all these and still have money left over!:rolleyes:

Sarge47
12-28-2007, 08:29 PM
"Sarge, hurry up. Look, the heathen hordes are knocking at the city gate!"
"Hmm. Should I take my K-Bar or my LMF 2? Oh, wait. How about my Leatherman?
"Okay, sure. The gates are giving way!"
"You know, I've always had a special place in my heart for this Swiss Army knife."
(tug on sleeve). Uh, okay but the gate gave way. They are inside the city!"
"Well I can't very well leave without my SOG Fusion, now can I!?"

"I know, I'll just slit my wrists with my straight razor!":rolleyes:

Rick
12-28-2007, 08:34 PM
You just seem to have a lot of knives. I thought you might have trouble figuring out which ones to take with TSHTF. Me? I've got an Old Timer pocket knife for little stuff, an ancient Japanese full tang that's been beat to He** and back and still does what it needs to, my ever trusty $20 Khurki (modified) and a multi tool. That's it.

Tony uk
12-28-2007, 08:36 PM
I guess you could say that, it's not a very long list and here it is:

1.) A very good quality "Ghurka" knife.
2.) Gerber LMF II
3.) Swedish Mora knife
4.) Camillus Air Force Survival knife.
5.) Ontario's RAT 7, preferably with D2 steel.
6.) Ontario's R--Tac II.

For what I could spend on one "Custom-made" knife I could buy all these and still have money left over!:rolleyes:

All of them sound nice :)

i was looking into getting a khukri knife also, there are several places down in england that make these knifes for the ghurka regiments in the british army and thats where i was looking, There a nice knife good for chobing wood and the heavyer work

Sarge47
12-28-2007, 08:40 PM
Rick posted a good site on the Ghurka knives awhile back, maybe he can either direct you back to it or re-post it. Yo Rick, I have a big family and lots of friends that I could pass knives out to in a tense situation, ok? Don't mess with me, I'm armed to the teeth... or is that teethed to the arms..never can remember.:rolleyes:

Tony uk
12-28-2007, 08:46 PM
What happens if he has a Uzi 9MM Sarge, i think your knife would be a little out-mached, i can imagein it

Rick busts down the front door with the gun and then sarge grabs whatever knife he feels like, Rick raises the gun at center mass and fires, Sarge lay there on the ground bleeding out when Rick turn and left him to die Sarge useing his almost ninja skills throughs the knife at his opponent hitting him in the back of the neck breaking the top spine disc, Both of them just lay there untill help arrived.

The End :D

A Tony Uk Publication

Sarge47
12-28-2007, 08:49 PM
What happens if he has a Uzi 9MM Sarge, i think your knife would be a little out-mached, i can imagein it

Rick busts down the front door with the gun and then sarge grabs whatever knife he feels like, Rick raises the gun at center mass and fires, Sarge lay there on the ground bleeding out when Rick turn and left him to die Sarge useing his almost ninja skills throughs the knife at his opponent hitting him in the back of the neck breaking the top spine disc, Both of them just lay there untill help arrived.

The End :D

A Tony Uk Publication

(surfer dude's voice) Wow, you should write for the Discovery Channel man. And no, if he's armed with an Uzi I'd just run him over with a bus!:rolleyes:

Tony uk
12-28-2007, 08:51 PM
(surfer dude's voice) Wow, you should write for the Discovery Channel man. And no, if he's armed with an Uzi I'd just run him over with a bus!:rolleyes:

Where would you get a bus ?

nell67
12-28-2007, 08:52 PM
you guys been hittin the Crown bottle tonight?? LMAO!

Sarge47
12-28-2007, 08:54 PM
Where would you get a bus ?

Same place he got the Uzi!:D

Tony uk
12-28-2007, 08:54 PM
Tonight notthing, Its morning now, Time for the hard stuff, Hmmm Whiskey or vodka Or booth :eek: VODSKY

Tony uk
12-28-2007, 08:56 PM
Same place he got the Uzi!:D

A Gun Store, Wow It Is Different is the States, Pimp it up with nitros oxide and hydralics and a sound system and gold plated dollar sign rims

Sarge47
12-28-2007, 08:58 PM
Tonight notthing, Its morning now, Time fr the hard stuff, Hmmm Whiskey or vodka Or booth :ekk: VODSKY

I'm hitting on my Iced Tea. Lots of caffeine. Look out! I'M WIRED!:rolleyes:

Tony uk
12-28-2007, 09:02 PM
I'm hitting on my Iced Tea. Lots of caffeine. Look out! I'M WIRED!:rolleyes:

Ice Tea, Pifft im getting the MANS CAFFIENE DRINK, or as other like to call it Expresso

Lots of expresso, look out i can puch you 20 times in a split second Wha Cha!!

Sarge47
12-28-2007, 09:06 PM
Ice Tea, Pifft im getting the MANS CAFFIENE DRINK, or as other like to call it Expresso

That's OK Tony, I give up! i never mess with a coffee drinker, those folks aren't quite right!:rolleyes:

Tony uk
12-28-2007, 09:09 PM
WHAT !!!!! IN ALL MY YEARS I HAVE NEVER MET SOMEONE WHO DOESNT DRINK COFFEE *Off his head with caffene after 2 liter of expresso*

Yeah we play head games with the rust of humanity

GO FREE WORLDDDDDDDDDDD (I dont even know what that is :P )

nell67
12-28-2007, 09:10 PM
That's OK Tony, I give up! i never mess with a coffee drinker, those folks aren't quite right!:rolleyes:

Hey now,I'm having my coffee right now,with some Bailys I swiped from Wareagle when he wasn't looking:D

Tony uk
12-28-2007, 09:14 PM
Hey now,I'm having my coffee right now,with some Bailys I swiped from Wareagle when he wasn't looking:D

*Hides his valuabels*

Lol nell good idea to save money, i would of spiked his drink then when hes asleep take everthing that isnt nailed down :cool:

But baileys is good to :D

nell67
12-28-2007, 09:15 PM
*Hides his valuabels*

Lol nell good idea to save money, i would of spiked his drink then when hes asleep take everthing that isnt nailed down :cool:

But baileys is good to :D
Nah,not into valuables dude,just wanted the Baileys.

Tony uk
12-28-2007, 09:18 PM
o.O What if there was no Baileys ?

nell67
12-28-2007, 09:20 PM
Then I sneak back out,no harm

Sarge47
12-28-2007, 09:22 PM

BTW, just to show you how tough I am, I'm drinking my tea out of a NALGENE bottle!:eek:

Tony uk
12-28-2007, 09:22 PM
What happens if the door, windows, cat door are all locked and they house it getting visators ?

nell67
12-28-2007, 09:26 PM
What happens if the door, windows, cat door are all locked and they house it getting visators ?
Are you sure its expresso your drinking and not the Vodsky dude??Guess I'd be sol,cause I cant even break into my own house LOL!

Sarge47
12-28-2007, 09:28 PM
Are you sure its expresso your drinking and not the Vodsky dude??Guess I'd be sol,cause I cant even break into my own house LOL!

...Tony even writes with a Scottish Accent!:rolleyes:

Tony uk
12-28-2007, 09:29 PM
Its a mixture of both expresso and vodsky *Cool emotion goes here*

Why would you need to break into your own house, Are you a butter fingers with the keys ? lol

Tony uk
12-28-2007, 09:30 PM
...Tony even writes with a Scottish Accent!:rolleyes:

Well a figured its to confusing to talk one way an type another

I like to make life easyer for you guys !

nell67
12-28-2007, 09:32 PM
Its a mixture of both expresso and vodsky *Cool emotion goes here*

Why would you need to break into your own house, Are you a butter fingers with the keys ? lol
No I have never had to try,so I am pretty sure I couldn't do it.

Tony uk
12-28-2007, 09:37 PM
Do yu not just break a window and enter

nell67
12-28-2007, 09:42 PM
I keep my keys on a lanyard around my neck,just so I never have to find out how I'm going to get in if I lose them.

Tony uk
12-28-2007, 09:44 PM
I keep mine in my back pocket and have lost them countlass times :P

Good idea there tho, Tie them with a piece of para cord round your neck :)

FVR
12-28-2007, 11:33 PM
The Gerber knife? I've looked at it in the past, but I have so many knives that I really don't need another.

I do have a couple (3) Gerbers and am very happy with them. Carry one folder everday and have since 95.

Tony uk
12-29-2007, 12:03 PM
The Gerber knife? I've looked at it in the past, but I have so many knives that I really don't need another.

I do have a couple (3) Gerbers and am very happy with them. Carry one folder everday and have since 95.

What folder do you carry FVR ?

FVR
12-29-2007, 01:47 PM
I have that Gator thing. Kind of large, the blade is reg. then has a 2" serrated area, the handle is this black plastic or something, looks like a gator patern and is pretty hefty.

Tony uk
12-29-2007, 04:31 PM
Thanks Fvr :)