PDA

View Full Version : Another new guy

Walkman
12-27-2007, 07:16 PM
Hey all-
I'm kinda' new to the outdoors-man life. Never really did any camping/hiking/whatever growing up. My interest in the outdoors started a few years ago when one of my buddies gave me his ancient Fred Bear compound bow. Then my oldest son got involved in BSA. Now I'm an assistant scoutmaster and I just joined the Civil Air Patrol (USAF Auxiliary) and started training for SAR ground team. I'll be attending their National Emergency Services Academy this summer to get advanced SAR and survival training.

I'm still a beginner in the woods, but I've become very passionate about all outdoor activities.

-Kristian Walker

nell67
12-27-2007, 07:23 PM
Welcome to the forum Walkman.

Sarge47
12-27-2007, 07:36 PM
Welcome to the Wolf-Pack, Walkman. I'm glad to hear you're an Asst. S/M, great! What part of the country do you hail from?:confused:

Walkman
12-27-2007, 08:05 PM
What part of the country do you hail from?

Northern Utah, Cache Valley. The Wasatch range of the Rockies is 2 block east of my house.

As far as BSA goes, I wasn't a scout, so I'm learning along with my son (just got his Star rank). I've been to basic training and I'm going to Woodbadge this spring (can't wait for that).

Rick
12-27-2007, 08:21 PM
Welcome home, Walkman. Glad you're here.

Tony uk
12-27-2007, 09:42 PM
Welocome To TheWolf Pack, We Got Lotsa Info, We Got Everything :D

pgvoutdoors
12-28-2007, 03:25 PM
Welcome Walkman,
There is a wealth of information in the discussions held here. Search the threads for topics of interest first, many topics have already been started. Feel free to add on to an older threads, they will come up in the recently posted listings. If you can't find what your interested in, start a new thread!

I'm new to this site as well, this is what I've learned so far. I'm also an Assistant Scoutmaster of a troop of forty boys. Good luck to you and your training!!!

LarryB
12-28-2007, 06:26 PM
Welcome to this fine forum there Walkman! :) Glad you found your way in here buddy. You won't be sorry you did!:D

later,