PDA

View Full Version : Now I'm Mad!!!

crashdive123
08-11-2010, 08:02 AM
The package that was sent to Benesse from the last DOC auction did not arrive. I'm working on tracking it down, but based on the last two that were absconded with, I'm not holding my breath.

B - I'll start working on recreating as much of the last package as I can and get it off to you.

BENESSE
08-11-2010, 08:14 AM
I'm still hoping it'll show up, Crash.
Don't worry about recreating the package. Seriously. I was bidding on the knife, everything else was unexpected.

RangerXanatos
08-11-2010, 08:54 AM
That's the second time that happened to you, right? And they were both sent in opposite directions? I would think the problem would be closer to the PO near you then. I would keep a close eye on the people that work in the PO you use.

mountain mama
08-11-2010, 09:28 AM
That's the second time that happened to you, right? And they were both sent in opposite directions? I would think the problem would be closer to the PO near you then. I would keep a close eye on the people that work in the PO you use.

I agree, I had to start using other methods than the USPO to deliver important stuff because it either would never reach the destination, or would end up there months (in one case, nearly a year) after the fact.

crashdive123
08-11-2010, 09:38 AM
The previous times supposedly happened at the receiving end. After 2D's was taken from his mail box I started sending things out with a signature required (since it was my word against theirs as to it being delivered). I found that about half the time they did not get a signature. I suppose I'll go back to the added expense of signatures and insurance.

Sarge47
08-11-2010, 10:12 AM
The previous times supposedly happened at the receiving end. After 2D's was taken from his mail box I started sending things out with a signature required (since it was my word against theirs as to it being delivered). I found that about half the time they did not get a signature. I suppose I'll go back to the added expense of signatures and insurance.Funny, but the PO never seems to lose an insured package. I've had so many problems here with our PO that whenever I order something I try to get Delivery Confirmation or I go UPS. With UPS you can track the package right to the door of the person getting it. :cool2:

trax
08-11-2010, 10:56 AM
Great, there's a couple of posties in Florida with custom made knives. I guess you know if you want to go postal and don't know how to shoot or don't have gun...just sayin'.

Rick
08-11-2010, 12:29 PM
Have you talked to your Post Master? If you had delivery confirmation then they should be able to track it.

Sarge - Did you know that USPS is carried by UPS? They long haul the US Mail both ground and air. They signed their first agreement in 2006. If you watch your post office in the afternoons or evenings you'll see a UPS semi roll in (assuming it's a larger office). A couple of POs around here are picked up by FEDEX, too.

Winnie
08-11-2010, 02:41 PM
Well, that's a real shame. I can understand you being mad, Crash. Odd that a parcel can get half way round the world OK but can't make it accross a couple of state lines. I'd complain too.

Sarge47
08-11-2010, 05:22 PM
Have you talked to your Post Master? If you had delivery confirmation then they should be able to track it.

Sarge - Did you know that USPS is carried by UPS? They long haul the US Mail both ground and air. They signed their first agreement in 2006. If you watch your post office in the afternoons or evenings you'll see a UPS semi roll in (assuming it's a larger office). A couple of POs around here are picked up by FEDEX, too.
We're small here, although it's funny when you mail a letter to someone here in town & it gets routed to Peoria, Il., which is about 90 miles away, before it gets to the intended person. The Postmark is a give-away! :angry: :angermanagement: :cursing:

Camp10
08-11-2010, 06:20 PM
B - I'll start working on recreating as much of the last package as I can and get it off to you.

I've got a few more blanks if you want to recreate the knife, Crash. I can just send you another one.

Rick
08-11-2010, 06:26 PM
Obviously, no one wants to steal the blanks. They wait for the finished knives.

2dumb2kwit
08-11-2010, 06:52 PM
Great, there's a couple of posties in Florida with custom made knives. I guess you know if you want to go postal and don't know how to shoot or don't have gun...just sayin'.

I'm surprised that Rick hasn't added this to his list of reasons not to go to Fla!:tongue_smilie: LOL

Rick
08-11-2010, 06:55 PM
The verdict is out until the investigation is complete. My hand is poised over the list however.

Sourdough
08-11-2010, 06:56 PM
I bought a Dell Computer in 2005, They would only ship overnight, next day Fed-Ex. The shipping was 1/3 the cost of the computer. So I track it to Anchorage and it is there the next day.
But it sits in Anchorage at the Fed-Ex dock till they get enough packages to call the U.S. Mail for delivery 90 miles away. Over night to Anchorage, arrived here 16 days after it departed Dell. I was one pizzed-off cowboy. Turns out Fed-Ex picks up packages here in poo'dunk, but they do not deliver here. Go figure.

crashdive123
08-11-2010, 06:57 PM
I've got a few more blanks if you want to recreate the knife, Crash. I can just send you another one.

Very nice offer. I'll let B decide.

OK B, here are your options on knives.

1. Have Camp10 send out another blank and I'll finish it and make a sheath.
or
2. One of the two pictured below (and I'll make a sheath).

The larger knife is from a saw blade. It is one of my earlier knives. It had no pins in it (I didn't have carbide bits when I made it), but I added some mosaic pins today. The Crashcarta is an old BDU shirt with a little yellow in it. The smaller knife is made from a planer blade. The Crashcarta is made from bluejeans with some yellow and red highlights and copper pins.

Pick which you prefer, and we'll make it happen.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii67/crashdive123/Knife%20Making/KnifeGiveaway002.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii67/crashdive123/Knife%20Making/KnifeGiveaway003.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii67/crashdive123/Knife%20Making/KnifeGiveaway004.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii67/crashdive123/Knife%20Making/KnifeGiveaway005.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii67/crashdive123/Knife%20Making/KnifeGiveaway006.jpg

Rick
08-11-2010, 06:58 PM
Psssst. Pics, crash. She needs pics.

crashdive123
08-11-2010, 06:59 PM
Psssst. Pics, crash. She needs pics.

I've got no idea what you are talking about.:innocent:

crashdive123
08-11-2010, 07:00 PM
To be fair ---- I forgot the pics - edited the post to add them - while Rick was posting.

Rick
08-11-2010, 07:03 PM
Man! No slight to the little guy but those mosaic pins are the bees knees!

crashdive123
08-11-2010, 07:10 PM
I've been reading a bit on how to make them. I'm in the process of collecting the materials to try my hand at making them. I'll do a tutorial on them when I do ...... if it works.

hoosierarcher
08-11-2010, 09:12 PM
I have had several packages stolen en route or at my P.O. Box. Three were custom made bows. All I got was my money back as all the bowyers were backed up and I would have had to have waited longer than I wanted. I HATE Thieves!

BENESSE
08-11-2010, 10:22 PM
Gee whiskers, Crash!!!
Tough choice, such beautiful work. Since you're so generous, I'll happily choose the larger knife in the option 2.
Mr. B wouldn't expect it in a million years...but with a heavy heart I'll let him have it for an upcoming (very important) anniversary.

tipacanoe
08-12-2010, 11:06 AM
The USPS, is screwed up for sure. Three years ago, in one summer we received three letters addressed to addresses in Ohio at my house in Bath Maine, I marked one delivered to wrong address, got it back two days later. The zip codes weren't close to being the same.

LowKey
08-12-2010, 08:47 PM
Crash, I just have to say, those are two beautiful knives. Very nice work!

crashdive123
08-12-2010, 08:57 PM
Thanks LowKey.

B - I hope to have everything put together by the weekend and get it out in the mail on Monday.

Justin Case
08-12-2010, 09:16 PM
wow, sorry to read this,, do you think Fed Ex would be better ?

crashdive123
08-12-2010, 09:30 PM
wow, sorry to read this,, do you think Fed Ex would be better ?

I'm on a budget.:blushing:

Justin Case
08-12-2010, 09:47 PM
I'm on a budget.:blushing:

that knife my friend bought me cost $4 to ship Fed Ex and I was able to track its every move from the time it was dropped off to Fed Ex until it was delivered to my door, it even told me when it changed trucks and where,,, it was pretty cool,, worth the money ;)

crashdive123
08-12-2010, 09:54 PM
This would have been a bit more.

BENESSE
08-12-2010, 11:06 PM
B - I hope to have everything put together by the weekend and get it out in the mail on Monday.

Thank you Crash, but there's no hurry. And please, no need to recreate the package. The knife alone is what I was ever hoping to get, never expecting anything else. It's all for a good cause and that's all that matters after all. :)

BENESSE
08-18-2010, 09:04 PM
Crash - "Mr. B" here. Just opened my ## wedding anniversary present (Mrs. B made me sign a non-disclosure agreement as to # of years we've been married; hence, "##") and love my Crash-crafted knife. Handle is amazing... the more I look at it, the more I see. I particularly like the texture (slight rippling) of the blade... very Arthurian. And of course love the rugged leather sheath... great design and craftsmanship. I really like the fire-starter kit with all the components and can't wait to try it out. Really appreciate the fine pouch and horn tipped steel too. And let's not forget the paracord bracelets (will be right by our BOBs). MOST of all, though, I can't thank you enough for that great video... you were so nice to take the time to talk us through everything... that made it great and we enjoyed a toast or two while watching it together. And we'll dig into that honey right after dinner... we got into honey a few years ago and can't wait to try your two varieties. Crash, personal thanks for helping make this a fun evening and another great anniversary for us to remember! -- "Mr. B"

crashdive123
08-18-2010, 09:11 PM
I'm soooooo happy that it arrived. Glad you like it. Happy Anniversary.

welderguy
08-18-2010, 09:16 PM
crash - "mr. B" Here. Just Opened My ## Wedding Anniversary Present (mrs. B Made Me Sign A Non-disclosure Agreement As To # Of Years We've Been Married; Hence, "##") And Love My Crash-crafted Knife. Handle Is Amazing... The More I Look At It, The More I See. I Particularly Like The Texture (slight Rippling) Of The Blade... Very Arthurian. And Of Course Love The Rugged Leather Sheath... Great Design And Craftsmanship. I Really Like The Fire-starter Kit With All The Components And Can't Wait To Try It Out. Really Appreciate The Fine Pouch And Horn Tipped Steel Too. And Let's Not Forget The Paracord Bracelets (will Be Right By Our Bobs). Most Of All, Though, I Can't Thank You Enough For That Great Video... You Were So Nice To Take The Time To Talk Us Through Everything... That Made It Great And We Enjoyed A Toast Or Two While Watching It Together. And We'll Dig Into That Honey Right After Dinner... We Got Into Honey A Few Years Ago And Can't Wait To Try Your Two Varieties. Crash, Personal Thanks For Helping Make This A Fun Evening And Another Great Anniversary For Us To Remember! -- "mr. B"

happy Anniversary Mr And Mrs B

oldtrap59
08-18-2010, 09:51 PM
Happy aniversary Mr and Mrs B. Glad the package arrived.

I subscribe to two magazines these days and have over the last 4 or 5 years had alot of problems with one of them arriving. After getting ahold of the publisher several times I finally went to the local PO and lodged a very (you might say very harsh) strong complaint. Seems the message got to the right ears cause since then I haven't had any problems. No intent to step on any toes here but it's time for the USPS to stop whinning and get down to doing their job. OK putting my box away now.:>)

oldtrap

btw I guess there are Backwoodsman in PO too. At least one of them must be subscribing nowadays.

Justin Case
08-18-2010, 10:11 PM
Crash - "Mr. B" here. Just opened my ## wedding anniversary present (Mrs. B made me sign a non-disclosure agreement as to # of years we've been married; hence, "##") and love my Crash-crafted knife. Handle is amazing... the more I look at it, the more I see. I particularly like the texture (slight rippling) of the blade... very Arthurian. And of course love the rugged leather sheath... great design and craftsmanship. I really like the fire-starter kit with all the components and can't wait to try it out. Really appreciate the fine pouch and horn tipped steel too. And let's not forget the paracord bracelets (will be right by our BOBs). MOST of all, though, I can't thank you enough for that great video... you were so nice to take the time to talk us through everything... that made it great and we enjoyed a toast or two while watching it together. And we'll dig into that honey right after dinner... we got into honey a few years ago and can't wait to try your two varieties. Crash, personal thanks for helping make this a fun evening and another great anniversary for us to remember! -- "Mr. B"

This is a wonderful post, Happy Anniversary !

Rick
08-18-2010, 10:35 PM
I get all giddy and tear eyed at these events.

Happy Anniversary you two love birds. (sniff).

Winter
08-18-2010, 11:19 PM
i ship knives and sheaths arond the globe. Always have delivery confirmation.

Erratus Animus
08-18-2010, 11:42 PM
Happy anniversary B !!

Winnie
08-19-2010, 04:04 AM
Happy Anniversary Bee and Mr Bee!