PDA

View Full Version : SOG Seal Pup

Beo
08-07-2010, 06:20 PM
Hello all,
So you knife nuts (like me) all have your favorite for whatever reasons, well so do I. My mostest favorite knife, the one that replaced my issued in 1983 Army Survival Knife is my SOG SEAL PUP, I have been carrying this knife now for over 6 months and it has been through heII and back, cutting seat belts at traffic accidents, cutting a screen in a house window, cutting open my pop can (I dip), digging, prying on metal door frames and the list goes on, SOG gives a lifetime warranty that I have never had to use, it holds an edge like no other. I go nowhere without it and it is going to Afghanistan with me in a couple of months.
Just my opinion.
Beo,

doug1980
08-07-2010, 06:50 PM
I love my Seal Pup also. My 6" SRK is good too but the Pup is just the right size for most anything.

klickitat
08-07-2010, 07:47 PM
I picked up a SOG Agency - Black TiNi at a local gun show a while back. I am hoping to put some time on it. Was hoping to be in bear camp already but the move postponed those plans for a bit longer.

crashdive123
08-07-2010, 08:40 PM
Glad you got a knife you like. NOW - keep your arse down on this next trip!

sgtdraino
08-07-2010, 10:06 PM
Hello all,
So you knife nuts (like me) all have your favorite for whatever reasons, well so do I. My mostest favorite knife, the one that replaced my issued in 1983 Army Survival Knife is my SOG SEAL PUP,

Great to hear a good review of this one, especially from a fellow LEO. The SOG SEAL Pup has also become my primary carry. It's super-duper tough, not too big, and not too small. I might still be slightly more fond of the slightly bigger SEAL 2000, but my wife gets hinky whenever I carry larger knives, the Pup has been our compromise.

Curious: Is your Pup one of the older Seki ones, or one of the newer Taiwan ones? I've been wondering if the newer SOGs are still as tough as the older ones.

tacticalguy
08-11-2010, 04:07 PM
I'm Loving mine too. I use it when i go out into the Scablands of Eastern WA. It takes the head off a Rattlesnake very nicely.

Rick
08-11-2010, 07:13 PM
Do you guys have the leather sheath or the kydex version? Curious if any of you have the Seal Pup Elite?

sgtdraino
08-11-2010, 07:38 PM
Mine is one of the old-school Seki-made ones. The newer ones (including the Elites) are made in Taiwan (But they're probably still good, I don't know!).

I actually don't like any of the kydex sheaths some of these knives come with. I have two sheaths that I use: One is a black nylon sheath with a flap that covers the knife completely, and a pocket where you can put something extra in. The other is actually the leather sheath that came with my SOG Revolver, but I find myself more often using it to carry the Pup in. That's my favorite combo.

I don't think I've seen a leather sheath that SOG actually made specifically for the Pup. Is there one?

Rick
08-11-2010, 07:43 PM
Yes. They offer the leather and a black kydex sheath. The kydex is about $15 more. They offer the pup and the pup elite in a tigerstripe blade pattern that's kinda neat looking.

Beo
08-18-2010, 06:57 AM
Sgt. Draino,
I have a newer one and it's great, just as tough as the old ones (I had an older one and gave it to a soldier going to Iraq about two years ago) everything seems the same and it handles great, one tough knife I take everywhere.
Beo,