PDA

View Full Version : Howdy, newb here

Lupo
12-26-2007, 04:06 PM
Hows it going everyone. The names Lupo. I am a 14 year old male, from CT. I have always loved the woods and what nature has to offer, and I decided that it was about time that I am going to learn how to live off it just like my ancestors have done. So what ever people have to say, i shall listen. If anyone knows of good survival books please let me know, reading is a magnificent tool.

Thanks

~Lupo.

nell67
12-26-2007, 04:25 PM
Welcome to the Wol-Pack Lupo.

Rick
12-26-2007, 05:14 PM
Welcome home, Lupo. Here are some titles you might be interested in:

"98.6 Degrees: the art Of Keeping Your A*s Alive." By Cody Lindun is one of the best books I've ever seen on the subject of survival."

"A good book on making your own survival kits: "Build the Perfect Survival Kit" by John D. McCann." Another: "Camping & Wilderness Survival (2nd edition)" by Paul Tawrell."

Edible Wild Plants of Eastern/Central America. A Peterson Field Guide. As well as Edible Wild Plants and Medicinal Wild Plants by the Pocket Naturalist. All are on my personal favorites list.

Tony uk
12-26-2007, 06:37 PM
Welcome here :D

Sarge47
12-26-2007, 08:32 PM
Hi Lupo, Add these books to Rick's list: The Boy Scout Handbook,(older editions are better in my opinion) The US Army Survival Manuel which you can access on the Homepage of this Web-site. The SAS Survival Handbook by John "Lofty" Wiseman. That will be more than enough, believe me.:cool:

Lupo
12-26-2007, 08:32 PM
Rick, would you recommend the FM Survival?

Rick
12-26-2007, 08:53 PM
You bet. That's the US Army Survival Manual Sarge referenced above. That's FM 21-76. I had posted a link earlier that allowed you to download the military manuals for free but it has been taken off line because of abuse. Heads up all. The link to http://www.stevespages.com/page7c.htm is no longer available. I'll edit my earlier post.

Tactical Tom
12-26-2007, 10:56 PM
Hello Pup , I don't talk alot on here but I do listen & have learned alot already so keep your eyes & mind open & do alot of research. ENJOY ;)

Lupo
12-27-2007, 12:57 AM
Everybody's Outdoor Survival Guide, anyone recommend this book?

Tony uk
12-27-2007, 01:04 AM
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/index.html

That is a collection of army field manuals for free

And Welocme !!

LarryB
12-29-2007, 11:17 AM
Welcome to our world wide web home little buddy! :) It's totally cool that a boy your age already has this love for the outdoors and has somehow found perhaps the best outdoorsy forum on the whole darn internet! :cool: I'm reminded of myself (in you) sleeping alone in the bush and catching fish for food at your age and turning from boy to man, after only a few trips. I felt SO close to my ancestors out there. Especially around the fire in the evenings. It's a VERY powerful pull that not everyone feels. Glad you are in it's grip now and through this forum your love and knowledge will grow and spread and all good things will come to pass...

Jay
12-31-2007, 09:52 AM
Hi and welcome! you've come to the right place. There is so much to learn here.