PDA

View Full Version : Some pics on Picasa

Batch
08-01-2010, 12:16 PM
I uploaded some pics on Picasa to see how posting them as an album works. These are pics from this weekends outting. We camped at Dinner Island WMA.

The amenities are that they do mow the grass in the camp area. I camped in a cheap $20 hammock with a tarp over it. It was raining when we left and off and on for the whole time we drove for about 1 1/2 hours.

I snapped this photo at the first rest stop on Alligator Alley waiting for my friend.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_en4grE9eVcA/TFWBAQFaQWI/AAAAAAAAAC0/eX0OhbrJs6Y/s1024/dinner_island7-31-10%20004.jpg

Obviously, since this was us just heading out we had to set up in the dark. All of the night time pictures are just snap shots with my pocket camera.

We usually see a lot more game and we were disappointed we didn't see more. The only snake we saw was a yellow rat snake on the side of the road.

I saw a nice 8 point buck on the side of the road going in. But, I didn't get any pictures.

We set up and went for a night hike to get wood. Then we went back and grilled and chilled and then went on a truck hike the next day. All animal photos were either taken from inside the truck or just outside.

Anyway if you want to look at a couple of pictures I uploaded you should be able to see them at this link.

http://picasaweb.google.com/batchell/DropBox?authkey=Gv1sRgCMerx_bbqJjaeg&feat=directlink

The picture of the gator is not from this trip. I took pictures of a lot more deer. But, their were no photos of big bucks so I didn't post anymore.

welderguy
08-01-2010, 12:29 PM
Thanks for sharing, hope you enjoyed your trip even tho it rained.

Justin Case
08-01-2010, 12:32 PM
wow, Thats a Great Pic ! Thanks :)

crashdive123
08-01-2010, 01:27 PM
Great pictures. That sunset picture is awesome!

Batch
08-01-2010, 01:58 PM
Thanks guys.

Welderguy, it rains pretty much every trip from late May through to late October to early November. So, I don't mind the rain. Slows you down getting to camp and cools you off when your in camp.

Rick
08-01-2010, 04:13 PM
That looks like a painting. What a sunset!

Camp10
08-01-2010, 04:43 PM
Nice pictures! That sunset is very nice. Thanks for sharing.

Batch
08-01-2010, 07:02 PM
Thanks it was a storm front pushing NW. Which is where I was headed. :sneaky2: Its amazing how a picture changes from minute to minute. Especially when the sun/moon is rising or setting.

I uploaded the three other photos I took just previous to that on and the last one is just after. It was less than a minute between snapshots. So it went from kinda blah to ahhh. It is like that in the glades. I really have to learn something more about photography. I might have to drag Rudy out with me. Or maybe I can talk him into going along willingly. :innocent: