PDA

View Full Version : Caution!!! Warning on this one.

rebel
07-31-2010, 05:53 PM
This was sent to me and was listed as "Columbian drug trafficking body disposal". I happened to find it in this other site:http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=56004

Justin Case
07-31-2010, 06:03 PM
Hmm, Thats interesting, It almost looks like a ritual, Pic 2 looks like decorations ? maybe its this cultures way ?

rebel
07-31-2010, 06:07 PM
Hmm, Thats interesting, It almost looks like a ritual, Pic 2 looks like decorations ? maybe its this cultures way ?

Yea, thats why they have the head tied to a stake.:innocent:

Justin Case
07-31-2010, 06:09 PM
this is a quote from one of the poster at that site

It is a Tibetan Sky Burial. The photos were pulled from this blog http://www.stewpig.com/weird/viewer-discretion-advised-tibetian-burial-not-for-weak-of-heart-61-photos/2009/09/15/ (obviously NSFW).

welderguy
07-31-2010, 06:12 PM
Could that be so the Vaulters don't carry it off?

Justin Case
07-31-2010, 06:12 PM

maybe they didn't want those Buzzards flying away with the bones ? either way,, its weird ..

rebel
07-31-2010, 06:16 PM
this is a quote from one of the poster at that site

Did the monks hog-tie the corpses too? You sure wouldn't want a corpse to get away. I'm not interested in arguing about this. If you say it's just ritual, that's fine.

Justin Case
07-31-2010, 06:19 PM
Did the monks hog-tie the corpses too? You sure wouldn't want a corpse to get away. I'm not interested in arguing about this. If you say it's just ritual, that's fine.

I'm not arguing, I dont know what it is, was just making a comment, It looks like more work than a drug dealer would go through to get rid of a body, just an opinion, dont get mad :)

rebel
07-31-2010, 06:23 PM
I'm not arguing, I dont know what it is, was just making a comment, It looks like more work than a drug dealer would go through to get rid of a body, just an opinion, dont get mad :)

LOL. I'm not mad. However, I am going to log out and go outside for a little while. Later.

Ken
07-31-2010, 06:24 PM
If it's a result of a war between drug cartels and/or drug dealers, I'd like to see thousands more of those pics. :innocent:

Justin Case
07-31-2010, 06:24 PM
ok,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky_burial

(it seems the ground is to rocky to dig graves )

welderguy
07-31-2010, 07:16 PM
If it's a result of a war between drug cartels and/or drug dealers, I'd like to see thousands more of those pics. :innocent:

That works for me !!!!!!

welderguy
07-31-2010, 07:18 PM
I dont know about the whole eaten by buzzards thing, I thought it was bad enough that I am gonna end up as worm food ,now I can look forward to being buzzard poo, oh the choices I have LOL.

welderguy
07-31-2010, 07:20 PM
ok,

(it seems the ground is to rocky to dig graves )

PSSST : I hear there is this thing called CREMATION!!!!! someone may want to pass that info along to the buzzard roost funeral home

Justin Case
07-31-2010, 07:24 PM
Sky burial or ritual dissection was once a common funerary practice in Tibet wherein a human corpse is cut in specific locations and placed on a mountaintop, exposing it to the elements or the mahabhuta and animals – especially to birds of prey. The location of the sky burial preparation and place of execution are understood in the Vajrayana traditions as charnel grounds. In Tibet the practice is known as jhator (Tibetan: བྱ་གཏོར་; Wylie: bya gtor), which literally means, "giving alms to the birds."

The majority of Tibetans adhere to Buddhism, which teaches rebirth. There is no need to preserve the body, as it is now an empty vessel. Birds may eat it, or nature may let it decompose. So the function of the sky burial is simply the disposal of the remains. In much of Tibet the ground is too hard and rocky to dig a grave, and with fuel and timber scarce, a sky burial is often more practical than cremation.

I guess its the most practical way for them ?

LowKey
07-31-2010, 07:28 PM
Is there enough wood in the locations where this is ritual to cremate a body? Wouldn't you rather put what little wood there might be to use for the living?

Why do people always put their own spin on other people's traditions?

I have no problem returning to the earth in any way, except cremation. Cremation is a waste of resources. Once I've 'moved on', it just doesn't matter any more.

welderguy
07-31-2010, 07:29 PM
I guess its the most practical way for them ?

I guess if I actually would of read the wiki I would of knew that .. :blushing:

I pick number 2 :innocent:

Justin Case
07-31-2010, 07:31 PM
I guess if I actually would of read the wiki I would of knew that .. :blushing:

I pick number 2 :innocent:

ROFLMAO ,, #2 it is ! :smash:

welderguy
07-31-2010, 07:31 PM
Is there enough wood in the locations where this is ritual to cremate a body? Wouldn't you rather put that wood to use for the living?

I have no problem returning to the earth in any way, except cremation. Cremation is a waste of resources. Once I've 'moved on', it just doesn't matter any more.

Thats true, Im not going to know what happens to me once im gone. Its just the thought of it while your still kicking, for me anyway.

Justin Case
07-31-2010, 07:32 PM
Thats true, Im not going to know what happens to me once im gone. Its just the thought of it while your still kicking, for me anyway.

good point, the rest of your survival group could use you for bait :innocent:

LowKey
07-31-2010, 07:35 PM
That's ok too.
I'd probably be a little too old and stringy to eat anyway.

welderguy
07-31-2010, 07:36 PM
good point, you could be used as bait for the rest of your survival group :innocent:

With my luck Ill be in a survival situation with a bunch of over eaters anonymous drop outs and Ill be there last meal.