PDA

View Full Version : A new phase to my life about to begin.

hoosierarcher
07-14-2010, 08:52 PM
I have to find a new place to live. I have to find a job at least part time. I can move into the Knox County IN housing authority apartments. They base your rent on your income. I am currently reading up on the underground economy to pick up pointers on generating "off the books" income. It is said a tax free dollar is worth 1.60 of taxed income. So that means you can make $30K and have the lifestyle of someone that makes $50K. I'd like to find out for myself.
I wish I had known about these books 15 - 20 years ago(well some of them only go back 10 years). Better late than never I guess.
I'm mostly interested in making money with having a job(but not without working).
I'll need some good fortune and a lot of blessings. Your well wishing and prayers are graciously asked for and would be gratefully received.
Thanks.

rebel
07-14-2010, 08:58 PM
Good luck HA. "Off the books" sounds interesting. Keep us posted.

crashdive123
07-14-2010, 09:29 PM
HA - I think that you know that I wish you well. I also think that you know that I have to be honest, and at times blunt. Working off the books and not paying taxes while living in taxpayer subsidized housing is, IMO wrong. As I said, I wish you well, but hope you reconsider this path.

hoosierarcher
07-14-2010, 10:17 PM
The apartments are not tax subsided they just charge based on your income. You agree to live there a month for every month you live there for the months that you live there underemployed once you're fully employed. Some foolish people actually stay there for years and they pay way more than the standard rate around here.Much, much more.

gryffynklm
07-14-2010, 10:20 PM
Good luck HA Good thoughts and prayers on the way. Keep us updated when you can.

crashdive123
07-14-2010, 11:16 PM
The apartments are not tax subsided they just charge based on your income. You agree to live there a month for every month you live there for the months that you live there underemployed once you're fully employed. Some foolish people actually stay there for years and they pay way more than the standard rate around here.Much, much more.

My mistake then. Please accept my apologies.

Justin Case
07-14-2010, 11:28 PM
wishing you the best of luck,, I believe that things happen for a reason, who knows what doors may be opened with this path, again, I wish you all the best.

nell67
07-15-2010, 05:31 AM
Good luck HA! Prayers are heading your way.

rwc1969
07-15-2010, 11:33 AM
I hope things go well for you HA.

Sourdough
07-15-2010, 11:46 AM
Best of luck to you, Hoosier Archer. Hope things turn out well.

hoosierarcher
07-17-2010, 03:19 PM
My mistake then. Please accept my apologies.

Think nothing of it crashdive. You have nothing to apologize for. I'm sorry if it at all sounded like I was upset. I was just informing you.