PDA

View Full Version : The One that got away-- WOW

Justin Case
06-22-2010, 12:17 PM
Fisherman Loses $900,000 Record Marlin Due To $5 Fishing License
http://deadspin.com/5569277/fisherman-loses-900000-record-marlin-due-to-5-fishing-license?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+deadspin%2Ffull+%28Deadspin%2 9
A tournament fisherman caught an 883-pound blue marlin off North Carolina last week. That would have won him a $912,000 first prize, but one of the crew members on his boat didn't have a fishing license. So....disqualified. Oops.

Andy Thomossan thought he had set a new record at the Big Rock Blue Marlin Fishing Tournament, when his monster catch was easily the largest one pulled out of the water during the week-long event. But during a standard post-contest lie detector test—yes, that is actually standard; this **** is serious—organizers discovered that one of the "for-hire mates" on his boat did not have a North Carolina fishing license. The tournament rules require everyone on the crew to have one, even the chum wranglers whose only responsibilities include baiting hooks and keeping the beer cold. Carolina residents can purchase a 10-day license for $5.

Thomossan did not appreciate the irony.

"It hurts," said angler Andy Thomossan. "No record. No money. No fish. No nothing. Yep, it's a nice ending to the story, isn't it?"

"We didn't do anything wrong. But one of our people did. He failed to get a fishing license, but we didn't know it. He told us he had it. He didn't. So you take a man for his word, you know? I can't do anything."

Fishing without a license in North Carolina carries a $35 fine and $125 in court costs, plus about a million bucks to anyone you happen to screw out of a record jackpot. This scofflaw also might end up fishing with Fredo, if you catch my drift.

Video Of the Fish( weigh in,before they knew they were disqualified ,)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhKRaCZqWME&feature=player_embedded

crimescene450
06-23-2010, 05:07 PM
holaaay ****!
thats a HUGE fish

Rick
06-23-2010, 07:48 PM
"Wait. Run that by me again. You don't have what?"

catfish10101
06-23-2010, 11:35 PM
I read this on another forum, one guy asked if they were still friends, I asked if he was still breathing. LOL.

2dumb2kwit
06-24-2010, 06:07 PM
Dang....you guys have a LOT of chum!

Hey....where's Bob?

vintage712
07-07-2010, 06:34 AM
Yeah, I honestly don't think anyone could safely say what they'd do at that point...a dude lying to you causing you to lose $900k? Words simply can not express.