PDA

View Full Version : This past week

corndog-44
12-18-2007, 08:17 PM
What happened in your area this past week? Here in North/Central Indiana we had a snowstorm last Saturday, we got around 8 inches of snow. A few days before that we had an icestorm. The whitetail deer just started moving around last night as well as the other wild critters. During the icestorm I had to keep looking up while out on the trail. Trees were falling over and limbs were breaking and falling all around. It was pretty out there, though.

Rick
12-18-2007, 08:28 PM
We don't live that far apart so what he said.

nell67
12-18-2007, 08:30 PM
Ha, we got 3" here in southern Indiana,and the ice,and no it isnt pretty:rolleyes:,I saw the deer moving north before the snow and ice came through,haven't seen any yet since then.

Sarge47
12-18-2007, 11:39 PM
Same as Nell.:cool:

LadyTrapper
12-18-2007, 11:42 PM
We have had snow every day for about a week, with a really severe blizzard dumping another 8 inches on us. Well over a foot and half on the level now. Deer are yarding up and bears have been to den for quite some time.
Water pipes froze when a basement window blew out during the storn through the night. Took all day, two woodstoves going, two heaters and a blow dryer to free them up. Temps are hovering 8 to 10 degrees with wind chill factoring even more so than that. Makes the nose hairs freeze...that's for sure. Stay warm and cozy and remember to be good....Santa is watching...LOL

beerrunner13
12-19-2007, 12:21 AM
It's been in the mid 80s forever here Saterday it broke we had a big thunderstorm as a cold front came through temps went down into the uper 30's high yesterday in the 50's the 40's for the rest of the week at night getting back up intop the upper 70's daytime highs. We needed the rain as it has been very dry dang I miss the snow on the up side the bass are hitting top waters like crazy,:D

dilligaf2u2
12-19-2007, 03:39 AM
Monday 12/17/07 On another Forum we had a not too secret Santa. I got word that my friend got his gift in the mail and the little something I threw in for his better half was well taken by her. A small survival EDC kit. The Limited Edition United Cuterly knife I sent I thought was junk though new. The sheath that it has is top quality and thought he could use that. It seems he likes the knife too.

He sent me a wool Jeep cap, I have been wanting. An older Old Timer Knife. He knows me so well. I picked up a used in new condition Leatherman crunch at a junk shop. I have wanted one of these for some time but could not see the $90 price I have seen them for. TDW(The Dear Wife) got a great report from her doctor. TGF(The Girl Friend) Got a weeks paid vacation and a raise.

Tuesday 12/18/07 I slipped on the steps. Well I was pushed. Ugly(Buddy) my dog got excited and in his rush to get out to the truck, for a ride, knocked me over. I twisted my knee, then landed on it. It should be a day or two on crutches before I will be able to put weight on it. The swelling has gone down and nothing feels broke.

Well the rest of the week should be quiet. TDW and TGF wont let me do a thing but sit and play on the puter and watch TV. This gives me time to sharpen the house knives and work on a project I have put off all summer.

Don

Rick
12-19-2007, 08:43 AM
Still can't find the paper. It's under the snow someplace.

corndog-44
12-19-2007, 04:40 PM
Don[/QUOTE]
"Tuesday 12/18/07 I slipped on the steps. Well I was pushed. Ugly(Buddy) my dog got excited and in his rush to get out to the truck, for a ride, knocked me over. I twisted my knee, then landed on it. It should be a day or two on crutches before I will be able to put weight on it. The swelling has gone down and nothing feels broke."

Don, hope your knee feels better today. No fun walking on crutches. How big of a dog is Ugly(Buddy)?

dilligaf2u2
12-20-2007, 12:20 AM
Thanks Corndog.

I will be fine. Ugly is a mid size dog, about 35 lbs. He is a pup and gets excited easily when it comes to getting in the truck for a ride. I have him trained to wait till called before he runs TDW or I over getting to the car. TDW asked as I headed out "Are you taking Buddy"? That was all he needed to think he was called to got out. I know he felt bad about my landing on my asp at the bottom of the steps. He spent the rest of the day on the bed next to me and would not leave me alone, even when I threw him out of the room. TDW had to sleep on the couch.

I should start working the leg tomorow and by this weekend I will be my old, mean, ugly, self.

Don

corndog-44
12-24-2007, 01:15 AM
It's being windy the past 2 days. The good news is that my son got home today from Ft. Hood for the Christmas holidays. I took my son-in-law and the grandson on a night walk on the trails tonight...it was funny how their voices rose in pitch the further we got on the trail :).

dilligaf2u2
12-25-2007, 07:53 AM
Monday 12/24/07

The grand kids raided gifts about 5 pm and headed off to others relatives houses for the night. It is quiet here.

TDW(The Dear Wife) is asleep and Ugly is curled up at her feet. Both trying to out snore each-other.

I have "It's a Wonderful Life" playing. Mulled cyder and cookies.

Quiet and cold this time of the morning.

In a few hours: I will take TDW over to the TGF's for breakfast. Then I will be forced to go to TDW's mothers for lunch. After several hours of dealing with people, I have nothing in common with and having religion rammed down my throat. Sound like fun? TDW will spend the night there with her relatives. I'll pick her up on the 26th about 4PM.

About 4pm today, I will go over to the TGF's and we will swap gifts. TGF will make us dinner of left overs. Then a quiet night there, cuddling in front of an open fire, drinking mulled wine. Settling in after she has had a day of kids and grand kids. A quiet night watching the fire burn. Settling down after a week of running and going. A time to finaly relax.

Don

I hope you all have as good a day, as I will end up having.

corndog-44
01-07-2008, 04:37 PM
The son headed back to Ft. Hood last Saturday, so I'll be on the forum more often now. Can't believe this warm weather we're having right now. It's good to see all the new active members that joined with us. I see that Sarge changed the forum some...had a heck of a time finding my crayfish boil recipe :D.