PDA

View Full Version : I'm Truly Troubled

Rick
06-03-2010, 09:18 PM
I happened to land on a site this afternoon that showed an animal being skinned. I'm not going to post the URL because it was utterly disgusting. The animal was still alive and I was truly horrified at the site of it. I mean truly horrified. Even after the animal had been skinned it was still alive.

This was a PETA site! They are using this film to gather donations. They give you all kinds of links to place this vile film on your web site or email it to others!!!

I sent them an email. I doubt I receive a response but in short I told them by using the vid they were no better than the folks doing the skinning.

PETA sucks. I'm completely disgusted at them. I've never seen anything so horrible and I can't get that animals face out of my mind. They made an enemy for life. PETA sucks.

Ken
06-03-2010, 09:22 PM
Thanks for alerting us to this travesty, Rick. PETA has been out of control for years.

Justin Case
06-03-2010, 09:22 PM
I hate to see stuff like that too,,, It weighs on me for a long time, I even turn away when they show those commercials on TV,, you know the ones,, sorry you seen that Rick, Thanks for not posting the link, cause I would probably still click on it like an idiot.

doug1980
06-03-2010, 09:23 PM
That was a very stupid decision on their part. How retarded.

crashdive123
06-03-2010, 09:24 PM
I place PETA right up there with any eco-terrorist group. They will exploit anything and stop at nothing to further their cause. Their tactics are reprehensible, their causes questionable. They truly do disgust me as well.

Valtic
06-03-2010, 11:40 PM
I've never really liked peta either. Most of the stuff I've seen, though, just seems dumb. Like an elephant rolling around in the hay. How about
suprememastertv.com
What is this group, I wonder? Found them on a library bag, of all things...

Ken
06-03-2010, 11:49 PM
I've never really liked peta either. Most of the stuff I've seen, though, just seems dumb. Like an elephant rolling around in the hay. How about
suprememastertv.com
What is this group, I wonder? Found them on a library bag, of all things...

How about rolling your way over to the Introductions section? :)

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7813

pete lynch
06-04-2010, 05:08 AM
Remember their Sea Kittens ad? When they tried, yet again, to brainwash kids into thinking animals have feelings just like people?
Google the term "sea kittens". I won't help their cause by linking to their site.
I will link this:
http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

Camp10
06-04-2010, 05:42 AM
I've never cared for them or their tactics. Remember the "got prostate cancer?" add they did with Giuliani? Crash is right, they are eco-terrorists.

your_comforting_company
06-04-2010, 07:36 AM
Was it the raccoon skinning video? I've seen it before.
It is not promotional material, and they are no more peaceful activists than the Abortion Bomb Squad.. you know.. the groups that blow up clinics and murder doctors, and nurses and take them away from their families and loved ones over a pound of unborn flesh?..
PETA falls under that same category of extreme activism, even though they haven't actually murdered anyone, yet...
Next thing you know, they'll be blowing up zoo's and sea-worlds all over the continent, and saying they are saving animals lives.

I am all for humane treatment of animals and for every animal I kill, I say a prayer and thank the good lord for blessing me with food, tools, clothing, etc. I treat every animal with the utmost respect and dignity.

Seems to me, as concerned as they are about saving animals, they'd all be down on the coast helping clean up and stop the oil leak in the gulf. THAT would be saving animals. Instead they take a sideline to real-world problems and can only focus on something done in another country (If we are talking about the same video).

PETA is a facade, and a charade. Buncha fakers who don't really understand the ideas they are promoting. PETA sucks.

Ole WV Coot
06-04-2010, 08:27 AM
I think PETA only proves not all the nuts are in the woods. Now as to skinning, some humans may deserve it.

finallyME
06-04-2010, 04:49 PM
Reminds me of the incident around here a while ago. A couple of PETA guys broke into a mink farm and let them all loose to save them. The majority of the "free" animals died within a day. Yep, they are all free now. I guess I could find a link.....oh well.

crimescene450
06-04-2010, 09:31 PM
so wait
you saw a video of animals being skinned alive, and youre mad at PETA....?

wouldnt placing your anger towards the people doing the live skinning be a more logical reaction?

not trying to be a hippy here or anything, but it seems stupid to blame PETA for showing you something that is actually happening

doug1980
06-04-2010, 09:35 PM
so wait
you saw a video of animals being skinned alive, and youre mad at PETA....?

wouldnt placing your anger towards the people doing the live skinning be a more logical reaction?

not trying to be a hippy here or anything, but it seems stupid to blame PETA for showing you something that is actually happening

:dead: UH OH....here we go. :innocent:

crimescene450
06-04-2010, 09:36 PM
:dead: UH OH....here we go. :innocent:

lol
nvm geez
forget it

jbtusa
06-04-2010, 09:38 PM
Bravo for PETA! People need to see the barbarity and cruelty inflicted on defenseless animals by the tens of thousands every day. GOOD FOR PETA!!!!

Sure, in a survival situation or a true hunger situation, yes, harvest the animal. But do it humanely by a clean kill first!

crashdive123
06-04-2010, 09:40 PM
Hey jbt - how about heading to the Intro section and tell us a bit about yourself. Thanks.

Ken
06-04-2010, 09:46 PM
Bravo for PETA! People need to see the barbarity and cruelty inflicted on defenseless animals by the tens of thousands every day. GOOD FOR PETA!!!!

I'd like to say something in response. However, the Forum software "cleans" profanity and name-calling is not allowed here. :sneaky2:

doug1980
06-04-2010, 09:49 PM
I'd like to say something in response. However, the Forum software "cleans" profanity and name-calling is not allowed here. :sneaky2:

I think he was being sarcastic Ken. But maybe not. :innocent:

crashdive123
06-04-2010, 09:50 PM
Everybody has an opinion and that's cool. Not everybody is right though.

Justin Case
06-04-2010, 09:51 PM
They have edited and added to their post,

Ken
06-04-2010, 09:53 PM

Sure, in a survival situation or a true hunger situation, yes, harvest the animal. But do it humanely by a clean kill first!

PETA is a joke. Google their "State of the Union UNDRESS."

BENESSE
06-04-2010, 10:06 PM
Like anything that starts well intentioned, when it goes too far it looses credibility and hurts it's own cause.
When people get outraged, they do stupid things and PETA tends to do that periodically. But no matter what PETA does or doesn't, people will continue to believe what they want and there won't be much convincing one way or the other. They may get peeved but they won't change their mind. The emotions just run too strong.

2dumb2kwit
06-04-2010, 10:15 PM
Like anything that starts well intentioned, when it goes too far it looses credibility and hurts it's own cause.
When people get outraged, they do stupid things and PETA tends to do that periodically. But no matter what PETA does or doesn't, people will continue to believe what they want and there won't be much convincing one way or the other. They may get peeved but they won't change their mind. The emotions just run too strong.

I agree with your first statement. Once they go past that point, they hurt, rather than help their cause.

I go past their HQ fairly often. (Norfolk, Va.) I almost always give them the one finger salute, when I go by.

A year, or two ago, I heard on the radio, that PETA was offering free straw, for anyone who needed it, for outdoor pets. (We were having a cold snap, at that time.) I thought that despite my dislike for them, that this was a good thing that they were doing. I decided to go buy as many bails of straw as I could fit in my truck, and drop them off at Peta, to help out. I was on my way to get the straw, when a story came on the news, about some dumb stunt that PETA had pulled, and it ticked me off so bad, that I never took anything to them......and refuse to help anything that they do, even if it is an OK thing.:sneaky2:

BENESSE
06-04-2010, 11:15 PM
It's unfortunate when that happens 2D, but I always try to look at the big picture. If I didn't, I'd sit at home behind closed doors being pi$$ed off at the world. No one is doing things quite the way you would if you ran the show (or I, for that matter) but that doesn't negate the fact that they deeply care. Too bad their tactics get in the way.

catfish10101
06-06-2010, 02:26 AM
Just because this travesty happens in one or two remote villages in some far away land in the world, they want you to become a vegetarian and forsake all use of animals as food or clothing (or anything else for that matter). Give me a break. Just google PETA killing animals and see how many dogs and cats they actually REPORTED KILLING THEMSELVES, mostly cats and dogs they "put down" so they wouldn't have to deal with finding them a home. PETA SUCKS!!!

Camp10
06-06-2010, 08:17 AM
Just because this travesty happens in one or two remote villages in some far away land in the world, they want you to become a vegetarian and forsake all use of animals as food or clothing (or anything else for that matter). PETA SUCKS!!!

I dont think that this is really something that happens to often. I can guess the intent of the video and it wouldnt surprise me much if we were to learn that it was done just for the camera.

I know that animal cruelty exists, I just also know that it would be much harder to skin animals in this manner and that even if the guy in the video hated animals so much that he heated his house by burning baby seals, he would still take the extra 10 seconds to kill something he was about to skin just so he wouldnt have to wrestle with it.

The only reason this might happen is for shock value...and that is all Peta wants.

oly
06-06-2010, 11:11 AM
My ethics are if an animal is suffering then you need to put it down to include the pets that you love, my preference is to use a 12 gauge shotgun to the head. PETA whined and cried making this act a cruelty to animals law.
I haven't been caught yet.

dscrick
06-07-2010, 10:21 PM
Rick,

it's a shame that PETA resorts to such tactics. They are a left wing extremist group, right up there with all the other Eco-Terrorists. You know that no true hunter, sportsman, or any ethical person would do such a thing to an animal for any reason. It wouldn't surprise me if PETA had staged it just to promote their "Cause"

Don't torture yourself any more by paying attention to it

rebel
06-08-2010, 12:09 AM
That messes me up too.
After working in the prison system and seeing the abused children...what are we doing?

rwc1969
06-08-2010, 12:48 AM
Ever see a slaughter house where they process cattle or chickens? this stuff happens every day of the year right here and we eat the results.

PETA sucks, cruelty to animals sucks and ignorance sucks even worse.

BTW, animals do have feelings, they form bonds and everything else just like us human animals do.

Belive me, if you stick a nail in a critter's eye he's gonna feel it just as much as you would.

Camp10
06-08-2010, 05:40 AM
Ever see a slaughter house where they process cattle or chickens? this stuff happens every day of the year right here and we eat the results.

When I lived in PA, I had several friends who worked at a very large processing plant. Not one of them ever mentioned skinning anything alive. As a matter of fact, I was told about the pneumatic device that had replaced the one they had to load the blanks in for each animal. I'll spare the details but it is very effective according to the ones who did this for a living.

If this happened every day here in America, why would Peta go to the third world to get something shocking?

Rick
06-08-2010, 06:39 AM
PETA did respond with a rather lengthy, very personal response. They suggested that I direct my anger at the folks doing the deed rather than at PETA. I didn't respond but I think I have enough anger for both. If not I'll just conjure some more up (Minister of Science and all). They also said they wanted people to be angry. "...these materials are intended to upset people - enough to want to take action." (Their emphasis). They go on to say, "Please, try not to blame the "messenger". That's a bit hard to do when they propagate such disgusting stuff or advertise with naked women.

Ethics do not have a gray area. You can't have just a little bit of ethics. You are either ethical or you are not. Sadly, PETA has chosen not to have any as an organization.

BENESSE
06-08-2010, 07:36 AM
So PETA or the news shouldn't show or report any disgusting stuff going on for fear of offending some people? Or just report it but don't show it?
I assume that movies OK 'cause that's make believe--we're desensitized to that, it's the reality we have a hard time dealing with? No one's complaining about kids watching all the blood and gore of the latest vampire craze or any number of video games that would make your hair stand on end. We just don't want to deal with the outrage of it taking place in real life because then (god forbid) we might feel compelled to do something about it. That's what it sounds like to me anyway.

2dumb2kwit
06-08-2010, 07:59 AM
So PETA or the news shouldn't show or report any disgusting stuff going on for fear of offending some people? Or just report it but don't show it?

It is sick and twisted, and I can't believe you don't see it that way.

Should they rub crap in peoples face, to show that the city sewer needs repairs? Should they show video of a child being brutally raped, to get people to fight child abuse? NO! It's called ethics/decency. If they can't make a point without stooping to those levels, then they need to find a new line of work.

JMO.

BENESSE
06-08-2010, 08:08 AM
It is sick and twisted, and I can't believe you don't see it that way.

Should they rub crap in peoples face, to show that the city sewer needs repairs? Should they show video of a child being brutally raped, to get people to fight child abuse? NO! It's called ethics/decency. If they can't make a point without stooping to those levels, then they need to find a new line of work.

JMO.

Notice my question wasn't about me or what I believe. Nor did you answer it.
btw. I don't feel comfortable seeing (or reading) ANY of that stuff and go out of my way to avoid it even in movies. I am a vegetarian for a reason.

Rick
06-08-2010, 12:11 PM
First, you'd have to see the vid. It's unlike anything I've ever seen. There really are not words to describe watching an animal being skinned alive and watch the animal, still alive, after it has been skinned. The folks that did it are far less than the animal they skinned but I also took exception to the way PETA presented it.

They urge people to email the vid to others, to post it on their web site, to expose it to as many people as possible. First, I'm not convinced that was not just one or two men someplace in the world that did that. Second, I don't want my grand kids exposed to something like that and if folks are emailing it around then there becomes a good possibility that they might see it. Third, it seems to me there is a better way to get the point across without putting this animal on display so everyone can see its suffering. We don't show criminals being put to death so why show an animal being tortured to death?

I don't think anyone is not against the cruelty. But I don't have to be provided graphic images to convince me that some humans somewhere are intolerably cruel. I get that. And I would be much more in PETAs corner if they had chosen not to sensationalize the animal's death. That is the abhorrent part to me. They made a conscious decision to sensationalize the animal's death in order to solicit contributions. That's just wrong in my book.

2dumb2kwit
06-08-2010, 01:09 PM
Notice my question wasn't about me or what I believe. Nor did you answer it.
btw. I don't feel comfortable seeing (or reading) ANY of that stuff and go out of my way to avoid it even in movies. I am a vegetarian for a reason.

When you said...
So PETA or the news shouldn't show or report any disgusting stuff going on for fear of offending some people? ...it sounded to me like you were defending PETA's actions. I apologise, if I took that wrong.

I thought I explained my opinion, but let me try again. I don't think they should show graphic images, and I think they should be careful of descriptions that they give. You know....like the difference between quietly asking "Where is the restroom", and loudly proclaiming "Man, do I need to sh*t!". I much prefer a polite society.:innocent:

BENESSE
06-08-2010, 01:33 PM
Rick, in answer to your #37 post, it sounds horrendous, no doubt about it. And no, I wouldn't want to see it...it's hard enough just reading about it. Why then, are we OK with watching (being entertained no less!) horrendous stuff in the movies? Why is it OK that film producers make money on it and yet PETA, a humanitarian organization, isn't?
Sounds like pretend horror is OK for entertainment, but if the very same footage was shown as real in order to elicit action that would be unacceptable. Just can't wrap my mind around that type of reasoning.

BENESSE
06-08-2010, 01:51 PM
I don't think they should show graphic images, and I think they should be careful of descriptions that they give. You know....like the difference between quietly asking "Where is the restroom", and loudly proclaiming "Man, do I need to sh*t!". I much prefer a polite society.:innocent:

There's nothing polite about the horrors that go on in the world. Maybe they shouldn't have shown the actual WW2 concentration camp footage either, but it served to galvanize world's outrage and commitment to never allowing it to happen again. If all we ever saw of that period was "Shindler's List" somehow it wouldn't have produced the same results.

Rick
06-08-2010, 02:38 PM
B - PM me and I'll send you the link. You can take a look at and then decide if it falls into the same category as movies, horrendous or not. I think the two are miles apart.

rudyumans
06-14-2010, 08:08 PM
Was it the raccoon skinning video? I've seen it before.
It is not promotional material, and they are no more peaceful activists than the Abortion Bomb Squad.. you know.. the groups that blow up clinics and murder doctors, and nurses and take them away from their families and loved ones over a pound of unborn flesh?..
PETA falls under that same category of extreme activism, even though they haven't actually murdered anyone, yet...
Next thing you know, they'll be blowing up zoo's and sea-worlds all over the continent, and saying they are saving animals lives.

I am all for humane treatment of animals and for every animal I kill, I say a prayer and thank the good lord for blessing me with food, tools, clothing, etc. I treat every animal with the utmost respect and dignity.

Seems to me, as concerned as they are about saving animals, they'd all be down on the coast helping clean up and stop the oil leak in the gulf. THAT would be saving animals. Instead they take a sideline to real-world problems and can only focus on something done in another country (If we are talking about the same video).

PETA is a facade, and a charade. Buncha fakers who don't really understand the ideas they are promoting. PETA sucks.

This pretty much sums it up. Well said.

You know that BP was in bed with the Nature conservancy!

rebel
06-14-2010, 08:26 PM
Look at the farming practices being used too. Big business only cares about dollars. Support your local caring farmer. It may cost a little more but isn't it worth it to know the animal had a decent life?

BENESSE
06-14-2010, 08:29 PM
You know that BP was in bed with the Nature conservancy!

How magnanimous of BP to ruin themselves in the process.
Hope it was as good for them as it was for Nature Conserv.