PDA

View Full Version : That is it, I've had enough I am leaving..

northernpsycho
06-03-2010, 08:08 AM
for the wild partially I'll be still near civilization for some supplies..

I am catching a bus to northern ontario in 6 hours.

I'll have $300 for supplies.. when I get to this town. I use to live there so I know there is a fresh water tap that you press n water comes out its right beside the woods (pretty convenient eh?). There is creeks all over. With frogs, turtles, cat fish and so many more fish. Lots of animals and this great selection of edible food.

Dandylions
Fiddle Heads
wild garlic
Cat tail roots
Oyster Mushrooms
Morel Mushrooms
Mint leaves
hazzle nuts
Choke cherries
wild rose
Rasberries (black and red)
Blueberries
Cranberries

I am probably going to stay in the wild till october if I am having a hard time surviving. So if I am then I'll head out to the florida keys where I was successful last year. If not then I will stay the entire winter. Survive the wild for a year. I do have knowledge on survival so don't worry.

anyways with the $300 money for supplies I was thinking spending $200 on tools etc and $100 on rice.

Obviously I don't have enough money for any kind of gun. So what are some good traps?

BENESSE
06-03-2010, 08:12 AM
Hey, and welcome.
Sounds like the traps are the least of your problems.

Rick
06-03-2010, 08:14 AM
I'm not worried. You have survival knowledge so put it to use to build those traps. And good luck on your year in the wild. I'm sure you could do it with only a knife. Good luck!!

Oh, if you miss the bus, why not hike over to our introduction section and tell us a bit about yourself so we know you aren't a 9 year old.

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7813

cowgirlup
06-03-2010, 08:17 AM
Hey, and welcome.
Sounds like the traps are the least of your problems.

Ditto on what she said...

northernpsycho
06-03-2010, 08:26 AM
Well what would be the problems?

what I can think of is.. bears, getting hurt and having no way out, hyperthermia, starvation, There is a solution to every problem. And I must find these solutions from you people.

cowgirlup
06-03-2010, 08:27 AM
Well what would be the problems?

what I can think of is.. bears, getting hurt and having no way out, hyperthermia, starvation, There is a solution to every problem. And I must find these solutions from you people.

So, you have 6 hours to find all these solutions?
Not much of a planner are ya?

BENESSE
06-03-2010, 08:34 AM
N Psycho, the thread you're looking for is down the hall:
http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3349

Hope it helps!:)

Rick
06-03-2010, 08:46 AM
He's hiking in bannsville. Personally, I think he missed that bus a long time ago.

Justin Case
06-03-2010, 08:58 AM
He's hiking in bannsville. Personally, I think he missed that bus a long time ago.

Dang, That was Fast ! lol

Ikidunot
06-03-2010, 09:34 AM
That was not very nice you know. I should not be banned for gather important info. You should be ashamed of your self for banning me.. What if I never got that crucial info and I died because I never found the solution I could have found here. I hope you learned from your mistake, lives are always a risk when people are denied crucial info.

Anyways you can ban be again but I will come back so there is no point in banning me.

I was thinking of building a log home I've semi built one when I was like in grade 7 only got it like 4 feet but gave up cuz it was too much work. But now that I am 20 stronger and yea. I know I can accomplish a 10'x15' log house for winter.

What would be the tools I would need? the last time all I had was a tiny hatchet.

How effective is a homemade bow?

Also going back a bit, what would be my major problems.. when I was in the florida keys surviving. My hardest problem was water and the humidity. The florida keys is the easiest place to survive in north america

BENESSE
06-03-2010, 09:37 AM
Whatever you do, just stay away from a sling blade.

Ikidunot
06-03-2010, 09:43 AM
Whatever you do, just stay away from a sling blade.

More like sling blades need to stay away from me.

Justin Case
06-03-2010, 09:48 AM
More like sling blades need to stay away from me.

You are obviously a child, You cant even survive on a forum ,, lol, What makes you think you would last a day in the woods without your Mommy ?

Rick
06-03-2010, 09:51 AM
I banned you and reported you to Videotron. I'll let them deal with you.

cowgirlup
06-03-2010, 10:03 AM
You are obviously a child, You cant even survive on a forum ,, lol, What makes you think you would last a day in the woods without your Mommy ?

LOL!!!!
Forum survival. Maybe that should be a prerequisite for those about to head into the woods.

crashdive123
06-03-2010, 11:48 AM
He tried registering a third time, but had not completed it yet - he did not survive the encounter.

Rick - you may want to just ban his IP address.

Pal334
06-03-2010, 12:35 PM
May I raise a cheer to the diligence of our moderators keeping us relatively clear of the riff and the raff

Justin Case
06-03-2010, 12:51 PM
http://www.starkeydesigns.com/images/item_image_thumb/hip_hip_hooray_stickers.jpg

tsitenha
06-03-2010, 01:09 PM
Another body to trip over in the bush or will it drop in a water way and pollute it downstream:spam:

Rick
06-03-2010, 02:54 PM
He's using a proxy or a floating IP. Either way, he's coming in on different IPs. Besides, it's more fun to hang around and squash him like a grape.

Winnie
06-03-2010, 03:02 PM
Oh it is nice to see someone enjoying his work!

BENESSE
06-03-2010, 03:32 PM
Oh wow, a moving target...what more could anyone want?
(I know, but you don't have to say it 2D)

oldsoldier
06-03-2010, 04:11 PM
May I raise a cheer to the diligence of our moderators keeping us relatively clear of the riff and the raff

Pal you raise a cheer, and I'll toss in a couple of danish. ( the pastry not the people:innocent:)

cowgirlup
06-03-2010, 04:30 PM
He's using a proxy or a floating IP. Either way, he's coming in on different IPs. Besides, it's more fun to hang around and squash him like a grape.

Doesn't he have a bus to catch???:innocent::sneaky2:

Rick
06-03-2010, 04:30 PM
Dare I say it? A short bus?

finallyME
06-04-2010, 03:51 PM
Dare I say it? A short bus?

:smash: :smash: :smash: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Okay....I'm good now, but I think my gut ripped in half.

finallyME
06-04-2010, 04:00 PM
for the wild partially I'll be still near civilization for some supplies..

I am catching a bus to northern ontario in 6 hours.

I'll have $300 for supplies.. when I get to this town. I use to live there so I know there is a fresh water tap that you press n water comes out its right beside the woods (pretty convenient eh?). There is creeks all over. With frogs, turtles, cat fish and so many more fish. Lots of animals and this great selection of edible food.

Dandylions
Fiddle Heads
wild garlic
Cat tail roots
Oyster Mushrooms
Morel Mushrooms
Mint leaves
hazzle nuts
Choke cherries
wild rose
Rasberries (black and red)
Blueberries
Cranberries

I am probably going to stay in the wild till october if I am having a hard time surviving. So if I am then I'll head out to the florida keys where I was successful last year. If not then I will stay the entire winter. Survive the wild for a year. I do have knowledge on survival so don't worry.

anyways with the $300 money for supplies I was thinking spending $200 on tools etc and $100 on rice.

Obviously I don't have enough money for any kind of gun. So what are some good traps?

All right, to all those new guys who wonder why we think he is crazy.

1. He said "I do have knowledge on survival so don't worry." and then said he is spending $100 on rice and asked about traps. Why does he need rice if he knows how to survive? Why does he need to know about traps if he knows how to survive?

2. He is spending $200 on tools. This means that he doesn't have the tools and the experience that comes with using them.

3. He said "What if I never got that crucial info and I died because I never found the solution I could have found here. I hope you learned from your mistake, lives are always a risk when people are denied crucial info." Why would he need any more crucial information if he knew how to survive already?

Again, this is for those newbies thinking of doing the same. Of course, newbies won't read this. But, at least we get to laugh at this moron. :smash:

Valtic
06-04-2010, 04:13 PM
Very... Impolite of you, I may say. Have you any more than that, or did you really ban him because he, contradicted himself? I would say, I was not here when it happened, but you seem to take too much glee in other persons downfalls.

BENESSE
06-04-2010, 04:14 PM
FM, I don't think he was right in the head.
Not your typical, naive newbie...no, this one was off. Either trying to provoke or a whole tool belt missing.

BENESSE
06-04-2010, 04:17 PM
Very... Impolite of you, I may say. Have you any more than that, or did you really ban him because he, contradicted himself? I would say, I was not here when it happened, but you seem to take too much glee in other persons downfalls.

There's more to the story, Valtic. Not as it seems. Hang around and get the lay of the land first. Then you'll understand.

Valtic
06-04-2010, 04:27 PM
I'll get my four wheeler, heh!
(Actually, I don't like them, me own two legs work fine, too noisy)

finallyME
06-04-2010, 04:31 PM

Well, at first I would jump to conclusions and say you are northernpsycho. But, you obviously know how to spell correctly and use correct grammar, so you are obviously not him. I apologize for my rashness.

kyratshooter
06-04-2010, 04:44 PM

There is a term called "casting your pearls before swine" that fits this situation very well.

I have been amazed at the level of discussion available on this forum. NP belongs on one of several other "mall ninja sites" where one can ask three stupid questions and become the resident guru of survival in two weeks.

My only hope is that he finds money for the bus ticket. We need to assist this one in removing himself from the social order before he reproduces.

Sarge47
06-04-2010, 04:49 PM
Very... Impolite of you, I may say. Have you any more than that, or did you really ban him because he, contradicted himself? I would say, I was not here when it happened, but you seem to take too much glee in other persons downfalls.Nah,we just don't like trolls around here so we bust them pretty fast! Their was this one clown that called himself HeritageFarm who tried to sneak back in here under the name of Salad-bar, or some such crap. The same IP address nailed him, one that is the same IP your using out of Monroe, LA.; dig? I'll be watching you very closely. :cool2:

Alaskan Survivalist
06-04-2010, 07:51 PM
I can't remember the last time I was in a mall. What is a mall ninja? I've never seen one.

nell67
06-04-2010, 07:52 PM
I can't remember the last time I was in a mall. What is a mall ninja? I've never seen one.

Mall security guard,LOL

Alaskan Survivalist
06-04-2010, 08:00 PM
Mall security guard,LOL

Thanks. I can see how my stupid questions could be funny but why do so many make fun of the security guards? I tend to respect any man with a job.

crashdive123
06-04-2010, 08:02 PM
Thanks. I can see how my stupid questions could be funny but why do so many make fun of the security guards? I tend to respect any man with a job.

AS - it's a bit more than that. This one may have started it all. It's kind of long, but you can get the flavor of it rather quickly. http://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/

Alaskan Survivalist
06-04-2010, 08:09 PM
AS - it's a bit more than that. This one may have started it all. It's kind of long, but you can get the flavor of it rather quickly. http://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/

Ok, I can see how that guy became famous!

Beans
06-05-2010, 01:15 PM
Ok, I can see how that guy became famous!

Wow! Selecting High point and Jennings over HK's, Stealing vehicles from the USMC, taking multi hits from a .338 Lupua.

I am overwhelmed with his resourcefulness, expertise and knowledge.

I would hire him in a nano second to guard my mall, if it was abandoned, sitting in the middle of the desert and in a 3rd world country

Calling him a Mall Ninja is insulting to the rest of the real Mall Ninja's :tongue_smilie:

woodsman86
06-05-2010, 05:21 PM

Just WOW! is all I can say. This needs to be turned into a book, a guaranteed best seller. I have already started emailing the link.

Batch
06-05-2010, 10:10 PM
Well,unlike these mall nijas, I am a survival expert. You see, I have been surviving every day since I was born. That's over 40 years of survival experting! Ask me anything, seriously.

Yes, you mam. Why yes, I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express one time. Even got a discount on the rate. Hiyaaa!!!

Is that how you spell mam? It doesn't look right. But, spell check didn't correct it for me... :innocent:

catfish10101
06-06-2010, 02:03 AM
I just read through that entire page (link) and it took about 8 beers, not counting the 2 or 3 that spilled as I fell out of my chair laughing. Just wanted to say thanks, I needed that!!:drunk:

Ole WV Coot
06-06-2010, 12:51 PM
Don't know how I missed this, but I think I will shop online from now on. Tough crowd at the mall, too tough for me. I know a two yr old brat that I can bribe to teach me to maybe sneak into a mall like he does, crawling under the dresses.

woodsman86
06-06-2010, 07:38 PM
I am so glad I took the easy road of fighting insurgency in Iraq rather than becoming a security guard at Bed, Bath, & Beyond. I guess I have been stuck on base to long and did not realize the horrible population of sample stealing juveniles of the civilian world. I sure hope Hollywood finds this guy and turns him into an urban Bear Grylls; that is a show I would watch!

Rick
06-06-2010, 07:48 PM
Those shoplifters are just the tip of the iceberg. There is a place in the dark corridors of the mall where employees fear to tread. Where the intrepid men and women of the mall security forces put their reputations on the line. Where security cameras and hidden microphones capture the dreaded nether world of ... employee theft. (que scary music).

woodsman86
06-07-2010, 01:41 AM
I don't even want to think of the heat they are packing or how many pairs of Kevlar underwear I would have to wear to protect myself.

Rick
06-07-2010, 07:30 AM
Kevlar underwear? Hmmm. Wonder if they make a thong out of Kevlar? Time to Google.

crashdive123
06-07-2010, 08:04 AM
Kevlar underwear? Hmmm. Wonder if they make a thong out of Kevlar? Time to Google.

Here ya go.
If you made it this far, tsk, tsk, tsk.:innocent:

Ole WV Coot
06-07-2010, 08:06 AM
I am so glad I took the easy road of fighting insurgency in Iraq rather than becoming a security guard at Bed, Bath, & Beyond. I guess I have been stuck on base to long and did not realize the horrible population of sample stealing juveniles of the civilian world. I sure hope Hollywood finds this guy and turns him into an urban Bear Grylls; that is a show I would watch!

Yep, younger folks take the easy way out every time. You're gonna be forced to stand up and be counted when you get back. You probably will be pelted with shoes since the malls have more of them than anything. By the way THANKS! We appreciate your service.

Justin Case
06-07-2010, 09:03 AM
Here ya go.
If you made it this far, tsk, tsk, tsk.:innocent:

http://volvospeed.com/Pics/Review/foil_thong.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a4/JR_Sandy/foil04.jpg
:innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: :blushing::blushing::blushing:

BENESSE
06-07-2010, 09:19 AM
Rick's lost some weight.
That diet really works!

Rick
06-07-2010, 09:27 AM
See that?! He did it again.

Winnie
06-07-2010, 09:58 AM
WOWSF-FART are not impressed! Justin, corner, NOW!!

Justin Case
06-07-2010, 10:06 AM
http://t4toby.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/homer_doh.jpg

finallyME
06-07-2010, 10:59 AM
Mall ninja..pffff. You should check out the Hill Billy ninja.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuigcXvcy1A&feature=player_embedded#at=47

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf2w6Zy3DIQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd6EjAmXUPQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb_HdYQooc4&feature=related

nell67
06-07-2010, 11:49 AM
http://t4toby.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/homer_doh.jpgLast chance JIC,or the women of Wilderness-survival.net are gonna descend upon you in a wrath of fury that the world has never seen before.

Justin Case
06-07-2010, 12:30 PM
Mall ninja..pffff. You should check out the Hill Billy ninja.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuigcXvcy1A&feature=player_embedded#at=47

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf2w6Zy3DIQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd6EjAmXUPQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb_HdYQooc4&feature=related

LOL LOL,, That guy could make Money on stage !

woodsman86
06-07-2010, 03:51 PM
Yep, younger folks take the easy way out every time. You're gonna be forced to stand up and be counted when you get back. You probably will be pelted with shoes since the malls have more of them than anything. By the way THANKS! We appreciate your service.

I'm not going anywhere near the mall now. I don't even want to drive on the road in front for fear of getting caught in the cross fire between the Ninjas and Shredder.

I wonder if he is the one who taught Chuck Norris how to fight?

"Did you know: Superman wears Chuck Norris pajamas and Chuck Norris wears Mall Ninja pajamas"

Winnie
06-07-2010, 04:36 PM
We had our very own Mall Ninja for a time, What was his name? Kamikaze or something. He had Youtube and everything!