PDA

View Full Version : More Gear Organization

doug1980
05-30-2010, 05:36 PM
Decided to finish what I started in the "Man Room" Gave me a chance to pack for th Alaska Jamboree and make sure I have what I think I will need.

http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo3/speedracer1565/DSC01213.jpg

http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo3/speedracer1565/DSC01214.jpg
Here's my Military Issue Combat Pack.
In the small green pouch on the left side is my survival tin, in the ACU Pouch is 550 cord and mini mag light, then the large green pouch contains 500 rounds of .22lr and 50 rounds of .40 cal S&W. I have also attached my SRK 6" knife on the pack next to my folding shovel/saw. Beneath all that is my Gortex Jacket rolled up.

http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo3/speedracer1565/DSC01212.jpg
This is what I will be taking with me.
1 pair flip flops
1 pillow
1 beanie
1 first aid kit
1 Mini Mag
1 Gerber saw
3 pair gloves
1 Military Issue Torch Light
1 Military Issue Poncho
1 roll of TP
1 pair Poly Pro top and bottom
1 DCU boonie hat
2 pair unddies
4 pair socks
2 t-shirts
1 pair DCU pants
1 tent light
2 fleece jackets
folding shovel/saw
mess kit
Leatherman Charge
Canteen
SOG Seal Pup (I'll wear)
Sig Sauer Pro w/ 2 12 rd mags and my Gerber knife (I'll wear)
survival tin
2 field stripped MRE's
Plastic container (see bellow)

http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo3/speedracer1565/DSC01209.jpg
Contents of plastic container.
Aspirin
whistle
toothbrush
2 tubes chapstick
notepad
glasses in hard case
pen, pencil and extra lead
3 pair contacts
tooth paste
gum
contact holder
3 tea candles
spare buttons

http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo3/speedracer1565/DSC01216.jpg
Had to throw in a picture of my M&P 15-22. It's coming with me too. I am thinking about bringing along my wool blanket for padding under my sleeping bag but not sure yet. Oh almost forgot the important stuff. In the lower section of my pack is my 7'x7' tent, rain fly, tent stakes, a tarp and sleeping bag. I was amazed that I could fit all that in there. I also have 2 more ACU pouches that can hold a 20oz bottle of water in each but don't think I will need them on this trip. I still need to find a small folding seat of some sort to strap on my pack for future excursions. All I need for the Jamboree now is fire wood for a bone fire.

And one of Junior
http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo3/speedracer1565/DSC01237.jpg

Sourdough
05-30-2010, 06:52 PM
bring your bow-saw, however there is lots of firewood...........For a "SMALL" fire. Wrong time of the year for huge fire. I fact there is a burn Ban on the South Centeral Alaska.

nell67
05-30-2010, 07:18 PM
Do you have a sewing kit in there somewhere to attach those buttons,Doug???

That is one sweet little model showing off your gear in that last pic,he sure is handsome!

Rick
05-30-2010, 07:33 PM
Find a set of leather needles and you can use the inside "threads" in paracord. You'll need the larger eye of the leather needles, however. Plus, you can sew your pack or any other heavy material. I used it last week to stitch up the grass bag on my lawn mower. Worked just fine.

He is a fine looking boss.

doug1980
05-30-2010, 07:35 PM
bring your bow-saw, however there is lots of firewood...........For a "SMALL" fire. Wrong time of the year for huge fire. I fact there is a burn Ban on the South Centeral Alaska.

Just bringing my own wood in case you didn't want me to cut your trees. I wouldn't want someone cutting up my trees.

Do you have a sewing kit in there somewhere to attach those buttons,Doug???

That is one sweet little model showing off your gear in that last pic,he sure is handsome!

I do have a sewing kit in my survival tin, had to think about that one for a minute. Thanks I Luckily he takes after his mom.

BENESSE
05-30-2010, 07:50 PM
Just one small roll of TP? :)
How 'bout some wet wipes?

Junior is super cute, btw!

Sarge47
05-30-2010, 08:16 PM
Nice looking pack, are they available in the civilian field? :cool2:

Great shot of Junior with his survival knife! I'll bet he can even change his own diapers! Seems to be sayin': "Hey dad, feed me now or I'll gut you like a frog!" :innocent: :sneaky2:

doug1980
05-30-2010, 08:24 PM
Nice looking pack, are they available in the civilian field? :cool2:

Great shot of Junior with his survival knife! I'll bet he can even change his own diapers! Seems to be sayin': "Hey dad, feed me now or I'll gut you like a frog!" :innocent: :sneaky2:

Yes they are. I have the two part system main pack with smaller day/patrol pack. Here are a few http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&q=cfp+90+backpack&rlz=1R2GPEA_en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=CQEDTO6XF6DOMqGxgTw&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CCoQrQQwAA

Sourdough
05-30-2010, 08:24 PM

Having met Doug, I am guessing the kid has a good looking mother........:):winkiss::)

doug1980
05-30-2010, 08:33 PM
Having met Doug, I am guessing the kid has a good looking mother........:):winkiss::)

HA HA HA funny guy.

rwc1969
05-30-2010, 11:39 PM
That's a mighty big pack for a mighty lil kid. And some nice stuff you have too.

I was organizing a lil today and realized I have over 80 books and over 40 knives. I had no idea until I started going thru it all.

Sarge47
05-31-2010, 12:52 AM
Well now, you call it a "man room," but I just see Junior there; are you sure it isn't the Nursery? :innocent: :sneaky2:

Sarge47
05-31-2010, 12:55 AM
I'd lose the flip-flops, you're in Alaska for crying out loud, & I'd add tp, a sewing kit, and a few Pampers for Junior! :sneaky2: :innocent:

doug1980
05-31-2010, 12:58 AM
I'd lose the flip-flops, you're in Alaska for crying out loud, & I'd add tp, a sewing kit, and a few Pampers for Junior! :sneaky2: :innocent:

Gotta have flip flops for those late night nature calls. I have TP and a sewing kit in there and Junior has his own bag. :sneaky2: Come on Sarge get up to speed. :)

Sarge47
05-31-2010, 01:07 AM
We have quite a few students wear those stupid Flip-Flops around Campus all of the time, even in the wet weather. The floor of the Transit bus does not cling to the soles of those things at all and they have no heel support. The student will oft-time board the bus with the 1st foot being at a 45 degree angle and their foot slips out just as they're bringing the other one up and BAM!!! Down they go, right on their (beep)! :blushing:

However, I hear tell that flip-flops make great targets! :innocent:

doug1980
05-31-2010, 01:10 AM
We have quite a few students wear those stupid Flip-Flops around Campus all of the time, even in the wet weather. The floor of the Transit bus does not cling to the soles of those things at all and they have no heel support. The student will oft-time board the bus with the 1st foot being at a 45 degree angle and their foot slips out just as they're bringing the other one up and BAM!!! Down they go, right on their (beep)! :blushing:

However, I hear tell that flip-flops make great targets! :innocent:

Yeah in reality I hate the things but they work great fo shower shoes or speedy night time wear. Now my wife would wear them year round if she could. Each their own I guess.

Ken
05-31-2010, 01:23 AM
Be honest. You had to fight with the little guy to get the Seal Pup back, didn't you. :sneaky2:

Born2Late
06-11-2010, 06:12 AM
Great setup.How much does it weigh?I am jealous about the nice rifles and amount of ammo you can have.

doug1980
06-11-2010, 11:29 PM
Great setup.How much does it weigh?I am jealous about the nice rifles and amount of ammo you can have.

Weighs about 40 lbs which isn't too bad. But I could add about 10 lbs more if I put the patrol pack on it.