PDA

View Full Version : Gear inventory

doug1980
05-23-2010, 08:56 PM
Decided to go through my "man room" today. I had crap scattered all over the place and was tired of trying to find my stuff. Took a few photos of the important stuff.

http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo3/speedracer1565/hunting/DSC01185-1.jpg

http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo3/speedracer1565/hunting/DSC01186.jpg

http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo3/speedracer1565/hunting/DSC01191.jpg

Shown in the photos are...
Guns:
Smith and Wesson M & P 15-22
Sig Sauer .40 cal SP2340 w/ 2 mags
Mini Mag Flashlight
Knives:
SRK 6" w/ Spec Ops sheath
SOG Seal Pup w/ sheath
Old Timer Hunting Knife
Gerber Folding Saw
Gerber Switch Blade Knife
Leatherman Core w/ case
Leatherman Charge w/ case
Survival Kit:
Cotton Balls
Magnesium Fire Starter
Pencil w/ 5' of String Wrapped Around
Foil
Bic Lighter
Razor Blade
Assorted Bandaids
30' of 550 Cord
Small Fishing Kit
Gerber Clutch (Mini Multi Tool) w/ Case

Justin Case
05-23-2010, 09:09 PM
Nice Man Cave Prep ! :)

hunter63
05-24-2010, 10:54 AM
What only ONE Mini Mag?, LOL.........Nice start!

I perfer to keep much of my stuff "deployed" in coats, fanny packs, BOB's, BOL, BOV's.

Being older and getting forgetful, I don't want to worry that I have forgotten something, left it in the case, or other vechical, coat, pack or what ever, hence redundent stuff.
(Gives you a reason to get more stuff, right)

kyratshooter
05-24-2010, 04:40 PM
If you know where all your gear is you don't have enough gear.

Alaskan Survivalist
05-24-2010, 06:07 PM
If you know where all your gear is you don't have enough gear.

I just made a trip into one of my old gold claims to recover a shaker plant I left there. It has been 20 years since I have been there and did not remember I had a stash of guns there until I got there.

http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg346/akmofo/IMG_1141.jpg

It's nothing fancy, just an old Swedish Mauser that I had cut down because the end of the barrel had rusted and Single Six Ruger. This old Mauser does not compare to my current rifle but back when I was broke and digging around the mountains for gold it sure put a lot of food on the table and knocked them dead with authority. Not sure what I am going to do with it but it's kind of like finding a 20 in couch cushion, sure made my day.

Camp10
05-24-2010, 06:47 PM
Man room?...oh, I remember that, it is where the sewing machine now lives! :sneaky2:

Nice stash Doug!

Rick
05-24-2010, 07:58 PM
Doug - Nice stash. Hunter's right, more light.

AS - I'm sorry that old Mauser is taking up room for something decent. I had to think on this a while but if you'll ship it to me I'll get rid of it for you. You might as well send the Ruger along with it. No point in it cluttering a spot, too.

hunter63
05-24-2010, 08:14 PM
AS looks like you stashed it well, for being there 20 years.
Guess we could all use that info.........

Rick is right, no since cluttering up your safe, he or I, for that matter, seem to taking in old military orphans...as long as they are in the way and all...............

welderguy
05-24-2010, 08:36 PM
Nice little stash there Doug. I like the M&P 15-22

doug1980
05-24-2010, 09:22 PM
Yeah I have a few more lights. My Military Issue Torch Light and a real nice LED blacklight/flashlight combo. I don't really carry them though so I keep them in the "catch-all" drawer in the kitchen.

Alaskan Survivalist
05-24-2010, 09:26 PM
AS looks like you stashed it well, for being there 20 years.
Guess we could all use that info...

I just sealed the end of barrel and action with grease oiled it down and put in float bag. I don't bury things because of the ground freezing but you have to get the bags out of sunlight that will detiorate them over time. Military rifles keep well anyway. For some reason Remingtons have never faired well for me but most all other guns do well as long as I keep them sealed well enough to prevent condensation.

kyratshooter
05-25-2010, 04:05 PM
An extra 6.5 backup gun is always a valuable addition. You don't really have to do anything to it or with it. Just know it's there and hits where it looks.

And a Single Six?

You had about $500 in guns sitting out on that claim. Either a very lonely place of very homest people.

Alaskan Survivalist
05-26-2010, 01:44 AM
An extra 6.5 backup gun is always a valuable addition. You don't really have to do anything to it or with it. Just know it's there and hits where it looks.

And a Single Six?

You had about $500 in guns sitting out on that claim. Either a very lonely place of very homest people.

I use kit guns. I trip across a lot of birds and small game and nice to have a small gun handy that shoots cheap ammo. I just find it esier to take advantage of what comes my way than go hunting small game. I'm not saying it's the best choice in the world just what I had at the time and I always have a 44. These were guns left behind. They were not sitting in the open and I'm sure people had passed through the area but few get far off trail. Biggest problem is bears digging stuff up so I like to shove stuff in rock crevasses or in a tree. It does not have to be food just something that smells different and they will route around just out of curiousity I think. I've had them bust up a stack of windows for no apparent reason. As far as honest people go you will find some of the worst criminals in world hiding out in the woods. I think the reason so many wear beards is to hide thier face.

Rick
05-26-2010, 07:03 AM
Hey Hunter! Are we writing in English? He didn't even mention giving ME either weapon. Something's wrong I think.

Old GI
05-26-2010, 11:08 AM
Doug: You are one lucky guy. I'm not allowed to have a Man Room (or Cave either).

hunter63
05-26-2010, 11:24 AM
Hey Hunter! Are we writing in English? He didn't even mention giving ME either weapon. Something's wrong I think.

Yeah, must be a glich?
Anyway I was trying for ya, even offering myself as a back up, (Oh man, don't really need to get going down the "Swede" road, still working on the Nagants!)

AS, thanks for the info, that makes a pretty good "stash" set up.

My "deployables" generally have involved into a .22 hand gun, 12 ga. pump, and one of the Nagants...........Cheap ammo, don't need to even see/or miss them, just knowing they are there.
Even though a tad hard to get at in a hurry, (stashed).

hunter63
05-26-2010, 11:39 AM
doug1980, as you do have options, pictured, what would you consider as a "gear up package"?

(just what you would take in a normal situation)

doug1980
05-26-2010, 09:06 PM
doug1980, as you do have options, pictured, what would you consider as a "gear up package"?

(just what you would take in a normal situation)

Guess it would depend on what I was going to do. Of course this is only a small part of what I have. But lets see.

I carry my Sig every time and I would take the survival tin every time. Folding saw stays in my bag for hunting, camping, hiking etc and so does my leatherman charge and flashlight. I like my SRK knife and have used it a lot but if I was going hunting I would take the Old Timer. The Seal Pup is still new so it needs to be tested.
So my "gear up package" would be Handgun, survival tin, folding saw, leatherman tool, at least 1 knife, flashlight and the rest of my gear... clothes, first aid kit, food, water etc.