PDA

View Full Version : Easy cordage

glocker36
12-15-2007, 12:04 PM
Just ran across these, the size and thickness of a credit card, but has 12 yards of floss in it. Would make a great addition to my kit for thin, strong cordage.

http://flosscard.com/about.html

I will probably add one of these to my Doug Ritter pocket kit.

Any thoughts?

wareagle69
12-15-2007, 03:57 PM
me i'm not overly impressed wouldn't spend the time or money..

RobertRogers
12-15-2007, 04:29 PM
why bother? The floss takes up so little space anyway.

Rick
12-16-2007, 09:00 AM
Glocker - This wouldn't be a bad idea for an Altoids sized survival kit like the Doug Ritter you mentioned. At a buck a piece (from their site) it's in the ball park with store bought and does take up a bit less vertical room than a small roll of floss. And who couldn't stand to have some additional multi use cordage with them?

Now for the joke (it's just my nature). Punch some holes around the sides of it and attach a photon light, a p38, a mini metal match, a short piece of hack saw blade, a whistle, a button compass, a dog tag mirror, a small knife and a neck lanyard. You could call it Grunt Glocker's Survival Kit. Now that's a better mouse trap if ever I heard one. :)

glocker36
12-16-2007, 11:12 AM
That was my thought exactly, for the bottom of an Altoids can or a small pouch like Ritter's, it would be perfect. Do you need it? Probably not, but might it be a good extra tool for your toolkit? Probably

Now on to the joke, I would add one more thing to your idea, punch one last hole for the lanyard to your Glock21!!!, now you have the complete survival kit. (For those of you without a sense of humor, I am kidding. Everyone knows that a Glock belongs on your hip, not on your survival keychain ;) )

Rick
12-16-2007, 04:43 PM
Tie the card to the trigger on your Glock. That way, if you are ever mugged, just jump up and down. The Glock will fire and the mugger will run off thinking they are being shot at. This has the makings of a great product. Far better than some other sissy necklace.

EVIL LAWYER STUFF. The preceding was a parody intended to entertain and should in no way be attempted. Firearms are dangerous and should only be handled by trained, qualified individuals. Kids, don't try this at home.

See? I have a heart. And I keep it in a jar on my desk. Muwaaahahahahahahah.

Jay
12-31-2007, 02:40 PM
[QUOTE=Rick;

See? I have a heart. And I keep it in a jar on my desk. Muwaaahahahahahahah.[/QUOTE]

Well I'll be ...........! I have several jars of specimens of animal parts etc etc... Would you consider donating yours???

Rick
12-31-2007, 05:45 PM
I could probably do that and not miss a beat.:rolleyes: