PDA

View Full Version : Quality Control Department Review

crashdive123
05-08-2010, 07:32 PM
I received a bar of YCC's lye soap today and wanted to post a review from the Quality Control Department. The soap came wrapped in cellophane. When it was unwrapped it was tested with very sensitive equipment for tell tale odors and fragrances. There was a very slight smell, not unlike the Ivory Soap I remember growing up with. The smell was very slight, and pleasant. The consistency and texture of the soap was softer and not as "tight" as commercially available soaps. The bar was sturdy, and could be dented with a fingernail, although there was no flaking. On to the test. I had been working in the yard for a while, so it was a good test to see how it would remove caked on dirt. I immediately noticed that my hands became slippery as you would expect when handling the soap under running water. Maybe even more so than is experienced with commercial soaps. While it did lather, the amount of lather was very low. It easily removed all of the dirt from my hands, and would have to say that it did so better than commercial bar soaps or the liquid hand soaps. It took very little rinsing to remove any and all soap residue. It truly did leave my hands feeling much cleaner than when I use other soaps.

Thank you Eric. Very well done.

Justin Case
05-08-2010, 07:35 PM
Great Review, Thanks :)

nell67
05-08-2010, 07:38 PM
Nice review,good job to you,and to YCC!

Ken
05-08-2010, 07:49 PM
Crash, got any samples for the home office? :innocent:

huntermj
05-08-2010, 08:02 PM
I am expecting a sample of that soap myself. And hoping YCC makes a post about how he made it. May take an extra coulpe of days to reach me, it's Vermont, Dont expect alot.

crashdive123
05-08-2010, 09:34 PM
I am expecting a sample of that soap myself. And hoping YCC makes a post about how he made it. May take an extra coulpe of days to reach me, it's Vermont, Dont expect alot.

Here ya go. http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11501

crashdive123
05-08-2010, 09:34 PM
Crash, got any samples for the home office? :innocent:

Sure. I'll send you half the bar. PM where you want it sent.

Rick
05-09-2010, 08:38 AM
Clean it up before you send it.

(Now that right there is funny)

your_comforting_company
05-09-2010, 09:11 AM
Huntermj, the lady at the post office asked me if your town was real. I said I don't know so she looked it up and we had a pleasant short discussion on some of the wierd town names you come across from time to time.
Theres some extra stuff in your package. I hope you enjoy them :D

Glad to know Crash still has all his skin! Lye soap doesn't lather the way commercial soap does, but it cleans me up nice. I'm not allergic to poison ivy or oak, but 'supposedly' if you wash with lye soap after getting it, the soap will help break up the oils that cause the itching.
Ken, I'd offer to send you some straight from here, but I've gota make another batch. I've already given away all the pieces of that batch except for the pieces we keep at the sink, in the shower, and in the truck.

Thanks for the review Crash. I hope it serves you well! I'll keep you guys in mind when I make another batch!

Justin Case
05-09-2010, 09:16 AM
You Better Make a Big Batch YCC,, there are lots of Dirty old Men here I Think .:innocent:

huntermj
05-09-2010, 10:02 AM
Thanks YCC! That made me laugh!
Ya its real, its considered a shire. I"m not sure what a shire is but i havent seen any hobbits aroud.:tongue_smilie:Take a look on google earth, its a beautiful place.

Rick
05-10-2010, 01:42 AM
Shire is the stuff they make in Wooster, Ohio.

http://www.ohiohistorycentral.org/images/591.jpg