PDA

View Full Version : Crap Threads

Sourdough
05-06-2010, 10:16 AM
What is the difference between CRAP THREADS and Buckets of SPAM......???? Enough with the Dogs in Church & Korean Drivers License JUNK Threads. This forum is becoming a social toilet.

Justin Case
05-06-2010, 10:21 AM
What is the difference between CRAP THREADS and spam......???? Enough with the Dogs in Church & Korean Drivers License JUNK Threads.

Maybe you should stay out of the "Chat" forum ?

gryffynklm
05-06-2010, 10:25 AM
Well. it is the same stuff I ignore on YAhoo and AOL and MSN and.... I am now ignoring it here. I think of it as ignoring junk mail or swatting fruit flys.

No, offense JC but you will never replace the general news services.

Justin Case
05-06-2010, 10:29 AM
Well. it is the same stuff I ignore on YAhoo and AOL and MSN and.... I am now ignoring it here. I think of it as ignoring junk mail or swatting fruit flys.

No, offense JC but you will never replace the general news services.

No Offence taken as most of these little tid bits usually generate comments,, Just Odd news,,,Posted in General Chat, :)

Justin Case
05-06-2010, 10:46 AM
What is the difference between CRAP THREADS and Buckets of SPAM......???? Enough with the Dogs in Church & Korean Drivers License JUNK Threads. This forum is becoming a social toilet.

Nobody is twisting your arm to click on anything I post,,,

COPY,
General Chat (20 Viewing)
Talk about anything except politics & religion.

Please,, Put me on you ignore list , then you will be spared my Evil posts :bat:

Sourdough
05-06-2010, 11:19 AM
Nobody is twisting your arm to click on anything I post,,,

COPY,
General Chat (20 Viewing)
Talk about anything except politics & religion.

Please,, Put me on you ignore list , then you will be spared my Evil posts :bat:

I have never done that.......But I am willing to try that. My question is (I ask because I don't know) WILL Putting you on my ignore list, make the threads go away for me, or just your postings after the thread is started.......?

Justin Case
05-06-2010, 11:24 AM
I have never done that.......But I am willing to try that. My question is (I ask because I don't know) WILL Putting you on my ignore list, make the threads go away for me, or just your postings after the thread is started.......?

according to the sites FAQ,, only my posts will be hidden from your view.

(Goodbye Sourdough,, I Hope someday you get that door for your outhouse :) )

COPY from FAQ

Search FAQ
Search Word(s):
Matching Options:
Search in:

The buddy list is used to keep track of the friends you have made on this forum. By going to your "Open Buddy List" in "Quick Links" menu of the navbar, you'll be able to see which of your friends are currently online and send them a private message. Adding people to your buddy list also allows you to send private messages to multiple forum members at the same time. You may add any member of the forums to your buddy list by viewing their profile or by going to "Buddy / Ignore Lists" in your "User CP".

Ignore lists are used for those people whose messages you wish not to read. By adding someone to your ignore list, those messages posted by these individuals will be hidden when you read a thread.

cowgirlup
05-06-2010, 11:34 AM

Spam is generally trying to sell you stuff. Crap is subjective. One person might think Dog Church is the most interesting thing ever. :innocent: For others it's crap. Other than that there probably isn't too much of a difference between Crap and Spam. I skip all the threads that I'm not interested in and stick to what I'm here for, wilderness tips and info and prepping.

COWBOYSURVIVAL
05-06-2010, 12:55 PM
Justin,

Is there a way to block general chat as a better option. I for one have appreciated your response to some of my threads and the helpful links. But yeah I am like SD when I come here and I guess I'd prefer not to see the general chat. From where I sit it appears that has taken over the forum. When I logged on just now the entire first page is mostly general chat.

Justin Case
05-06-2010, 01:17 PM
Justin,

Is there a way to block general chat as a better option. I for one have appreciated your response to some of my threads and the helpful links. But yeah I am like SD when I come here and I guess I'd prefer not to see the general chat. From where I sit it appears that has taken over the forum. When I logged on just now the entire first page is mostly general chat.

I dont know,, I will refrain from starting threads.

Alaskan Survivalist
05-06-2010, 01:26 PM
I check who's online because quests are going through the archives finding good survival threads. Look to see what they a reading and you can judge what people are interested in.

2dumb2kwit
05-06-2010, 01:26 PM

If you don't like the threads, then just ignore them,....like I do all you're threads, asking people to do research, for you.

A while back, you cried about threads going of topic, and turning into "junk". Now that doesn't seem to be an issue, you're crying about "General chat" in the "General chat" forum.

I guess the forum would be better off, if we all stuck to telling newbies that if they are in a survival situation, in the frozen north, they should have plenty of liquor.

You want to know what I call junk threads, that I think will kill a forum???
A bunch of *****in' and whining!

2dumb2kwit
05-06-2010, 01:31 PM
I check who's online because quests are going through the archives finding good survival threads. Look to see what they a reading and you can judge what people are interested in.

Good point....but if you look at the number of views, of the threads, you may get a different impression.

Look....it's like anything in life.......it takes a balance. Eating spinach may be good for you, but eating only spinach can kill you.

Trabitha
05-06-2010, 01:32 PM
Oh, for pity's sake. If you don't like the topic, don't open it. If you're SO sensitive to the topic TITLE in the off topic section that it eats at you, you have issues that none of us can fix and should simply get off the web. It's called self control, people. Learn it.

Alaskan Survivalist
05-06-2010, 01:38 PM
in the frozen north, they should have plenty of liquor.

Now that's good survival advise. I'm partial to Crown Royal, but hot buttered rum has a nice warming effect when I am more physically active and nothing is better than curling up in front of the fire with a bottle of Blackberry brandy when you are feeling under the weather.

Trabitha
05-06-2010, 01:40 PM
...didn't they debunk that on Mythbusters?
Like...that it makes you FEEL warmer, but in reality it's not safe?

2dumb2kwit
05-06-2010, 01:47 PM

I don't know what Mythbusters said, but you are correct. It's a good way to get dead.

http://www.uihealthcare.com/topics/medicaldepartments/pharmacy/alcoholandcold/index.html

Alaskan Survivalist
05-06-2010, 01:48 PM

I've passed out to many times face down in the snow to believe that crap. People seem to become experts doing brief a study. I have too much experience than to take any expert seriously especially on this topic.

Trabitha
05-06-2010, 01:50 PM
"I've passed out too many times face down in the snow". LOL!! I'm sorry...that has got to be one of my favorite posts ever! LOL!
I have to say that I now take YOUR opinion on this particular matter as truth! ;) Thanks A.S.! ;)

2dumb2kwit
05-06-2010, 01:53 PM
I've passed out to many times face down in the snow to believe that crap. People seem to become experts doing brief a study. I have too much experience than to take any expert seriously especially on this topic.

OK....I don't care how many fish you catch, or how much ammo you have stockpiled; To me, you just lost all credibility.

Trabitha
05-06-2010, 01:55 PM
OK....I don't care how many fish you catch, or how much ammo you have stockpiled; To me, you just lost all credibility.

Come on now, 2d2k...you have to admit to the funny factor! LOL! :tongue_smilie:

2dumb2kwit
05-06-2010, 01:59 PM
Come on now, 2d2k...you have to admit to the funny factor! LOL! :tongue_smilie:

Sorry....I don't think it's funny, when I think that some dumb newby may read and believe him, and may end up dead because of it.

Trabitha
05-06-2010, 02:01 PM
Sorry....I don't think it's funny, when I think that some dumb newby may read and believe him, and may end up dead because of it.

I hear ya. ;) I guess I'm just in too good of a mood to let anything bother me today. Not trying to make light...

Alaskan Survivalist
05-06-2010, 02:05 PM

I have more use for whiskey than I have for creditability. I know too many prospectors that can stumble through the woods drunk better than the popular experts you put so much stock in.

Alaskan Survivalist
05-06-2010, 02:15 PM

I used to feel that way myself but there is way to much crap people believe to challenge it all. I post very little on some topics I have extensive knowledge of just to avoid the hassle. "They say it will kill you, but they don't say when".

RangerXanatos
05-06-2010, 02:24 PM
Some of the stuff that is posted into the "General Chat" I find interesting, while others I think is quite stupid and ignore them. That being said, I wonder how many people have seen the posts on the homepage, thought about what kind of morons must be here, and skipped out on joining the forum. When I started coming to the homepage, a lot of the topics seemed "out there" and put me off joining for a couple of days till I actually started looking into the forum. But what if I had never came back and took the time to actually look through, and only took what I saw on the homepage as a joke???

Trabitha
05-06-2010, 02:33 PM
But what if I had never came back and took the time to actually look through, and only took what I saw on the homepage as a joke???

Then you would have missed out on meeting MEEEEEE!!!

I think in a way...that those that TAKE the time to look deeper are the ones that should stay, though...but that's just me. ;)

COWBOYSURVIVAL
05-06-2010, 03:15 PM
I dont know,, I will refrain from starting threads.

Whoah Nellie! Justin that wasn't directed at your threads rather at general chat. I directed my question to you because you seem to be knowledgeable about forums. I on the other hand am not. I also noticed the general chat is running the topic of this forum off of the homepage. There used to be several pages to the homepage lately there seems to be only 2 pages. My point being is it possible that a relevant post is run off of the homepages before I ever see them even though I log on most days?

Justin Case
05-06-2010, 03:27 PM
Whoah Nellie! Justin that wasn't directed at your threads rather at general chat. I directed my question to you because you seem to be knowledgeable about forums. I on the other hand am not. I also noticed the general chat is running the topic of this forum off of the homepage. There used to be several pages to the homepage lately there seems to be only 2 pages. My point being is it possible that a relevant post is run off of the homepages before I ever see them even though I log on most days?

Yes,, I Know,, I dont think you can block a certain forum, I think it is showing on the homepage because the Chat forum is the most active,, If I dont start as many threads in chat , maybe one of the other forums will move up ,, I really am not sure,, To be honest, I'm not even sure what you mean by "Homepage"? the forum with the latest posts generally move to the top.... ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,(I need a beer) LOL

COWBOYSURVIVAL
05-06-2010, 03:36 PM
Ok well I see I can goto page three of the homepage now. Last time I tried I coudn't. Beer! Good Idea! It really isn't that big of a deal. I sure as heck don't want to see you leave over this Justin. OK I admit I have had some good laughs from your so called crap posts in general chat. My favorite posts here are those in which I learn something on topic. I say carry on!

Another option would be start a general chat subforum on here like we did with knives?????

smhg
05-06-2010, 03:41 PM
To be honest, I'm not even sure what you mean by "Homepage"?

Go here: http://www.wilderness-survival.net/

Scroll down to the bottom. You'll see what they are talking about as the homepage.

Justin Case
05-06-2010, 03:42 PM
Ok well I see I can goto page three of the homepage now. Last time I tried I coudn't. Beer! Good Idea! It really isn't that big of a deal. I sure as heck don't want to see you leave over this Justin. OK I admit I have had some good laughs from your so called crap posts in general chat. My favorite posts here are those in which I learn something on topic. I say carry on!

OK, I know what you mean,, You only seen two pages before because there were only two pages of Unread posts (For you), I thing you said someplace that you "Restore" your computer when you power up ? That would revert you to your last powered up state. (I'm not going anyplace, It doesnt matter to me if I pass on those little Odd news tidbits I find or Not,, I am Administrator on 5 Forums, I can "Get my Post On" there ;). I just thought some of them were "Chat worthy",,) :)

Justin Case
05-06-2010, 03:46 PM
Go here: http://www.wilderness-survival.net/

Scroll down to the bottom. You'll see what they are talking about as the homepage.

OHHHHHHhhhhh,, OK,, I dont even look at that page,, I go straight to the forums,, Thats just the "latest Active posts",, Thanks smhg :)

COWBOYSURVIVAL
05-06-2010, 03:53 PM
OHHHHHHhhhhh,, OK,, I dont even look at that page,, I go straight to the forums,, Thats just the "latest Active posts",, Thanks smhg :)

When I found this place a web search took me to the homepage and I would click RSS feeds on the homepage for the forum, try it now. Back then it was very attractive as all kinds of on wilderness survival topics and skills were being discussed and always appeared in the RSS feed. I learned alot very quickly. This was my first time even seeing a forum, heck took me awhile to figure out I could join in.

Justin Case
05-06-2010, 03:56 PM
When I found this place a web search took me to the homepage and I would click RSS feeds on the homepage for the forum, try it now. Back then it was very attractive as all kinds of on wilderness survival topics and skills were being discussed and always appeared in the RSS feed. I learned alot very quickly. This was my first time even seeing a forum, heck took me awhile to figure out I could join in.

Yes,, Thats where I went the first time too,, but i saved the forum page in my bookmarks, so i come straight here,, ;)

Trabitha
05-06-2010, 04:06 PM
I just click on "new posts" at the top of the page when I visit...

red lake
05-06-2010, 04:13 PM
www.linktosomethingontheinternetnobodybutafewcarea boutbutihavetopost25postsperdaysoeverybodywillnoti ceme.com

Justin Case
05-06-2010, 04:13 PM
I just click on "new posts" at the top of the page when I visit...

Yes , me too, But CS goes here first, http://www.wilderness-survival.net/

Trabitha
05-06-2010, 04:35 PM
www.linktosomethingontheinternetnobodybutafewcarea boutbutihavetopost25postsperdaysoeverybodywillnoti ceme.com

Dork!! LOL! I actually clicked on the link!! LOL!!

Justin Case
05-06-2010, 04:40 PM
Dork!! LOL! I actually clicked on the link!! LOL!!

My Antivirus would not let me open it,,

finallyME
05-06-2010, 05:33 PM
You want crap threads, I'll show you crap threads...

http://www.filtsai.com/forester/wrx_struts/stripped_bolt.jpg

Justin Case
05-06-2010, 05:46 PM
I didn't know we were allowed to post pics strippers ? :innocent:

finallyME
05-06-2010, 06:13 PM
I didn't know we were allowed to post pics strippers ? :innocent:

Those aren't strippers. These are strippers.

http://www.clovisusd.k12.ca.us/agcenter/Folders/Ag%20Ed/Faculty/Actis/Class%20Lessons/Tool%20ID/Tool%20ID%20Book/Individual%20Tool%20Pictures/Electrical/wire%20striper.bmp

Ole WV Coot
05-06-2010, 06:58 PM
I missed something. Who pi$$ed in who's Post Toasties? Bunch of kiddies in a playground and a few that are gonna take their ball and go home. Read what you want, skip the rest and above all GROW UP. Personal opinion.

smhg
05-06-2010, 08:10 PM
I have an idea...how about setting up a thread called "JC's Links" and those who actually got a chuckle or found some of them interesting can read there.

It would not take up the 'homepage' as some were concerned about, would not 'clutter' up the General Chat area, and it would make entertaining reading for those who liked the 'generalness' of the topics (yes, I think I just made up a word.)

Trabitha
05-06-2010, 08:26 PM
I missed something. Who pi$$ed in who's Post Toasties? Bunch of kiddies in a playground and a few that are gonna take their ball and go home. Read what you want, skip the rest and above all GROW UP. Personal opinion.

Who the hell is going around peeing in peoples Toasties??!! That's not cool man! :sneaky2:

RangerXanatos
05-06-2010, 08:27 PM
I have an idea...how about setting up a thread called "JC's Links" and those who actually got a chuckle or found some of them interesting can read there.

It would not take up the 'homepage' as some were concerned about, would not 'clutter' up the General Chat area, and it would make entertaining reading for those who liked the 'generalness' of the topics (yes, I think I just made up a word.)

I think it's a good idea. Kinda like the 2D vs Ken thread.

kyratshooter
05-06-2010, 08:33 PM
Those aren't strippers. These are strippers.

http://www.clovisusd.k12.ca.us/agcenter/Folders/Ag%20Ed/Faculty/Actis/Class%20Lessons/Tool%20ID/Tool%20ID%20Book/Individual%20Tool%20Pictures/Electrical/wire%20striper.bmp

And you guys post pictures like this right when I take a vow to control my lustful thoughts!!

Justin Case
05-06-2010, 08:41 PM
Um,,, Thats what the General Chat forum is for, You guys only want to talk about surviving "ALL" the time,, Thats Ok, I can live with that,, so tell me , Whats the best Survival Knife ? who has the biggest gun ? How Bad does Bear gryls suck ? :innocent:

Justin Case
05-06-2010, 08:42 PM
And you guys post pictures like this right when I take a vow to control my lustful thoughts!!

LOL,,, No Kidding !

Pocomoonskyeyes3
05-06-2010, 08:50 PM
Well the Strippers aren't all that exciting to me Personally, But A Belt Grinder?!?!! Now we're talking!!!

http://sites.google.com/site/vorpalcustomknives/_/rsrc/1247264503631/shop-techniques-3/grinders/Bader.bmp

COWBOYSURVIVAL
05-06-2010, 08:52 PM
Well the Strippers aren't all that exciting to me Personally, But A Belt Grinder?!?!! Now we're talking!!!

http://sites.google.com/site/vorpalcustomknives/_/rsrc/1247264503631/shop-techniques-3/grinders/Bader.bmp

Thanks for that Poco...I am building one now.

Pocomoonskyeyes3
05-06-2010, 08:53 PM
GRRRRRRR!!! Rub it in Why don't ya'???:sneaky2:

OH!! Are you building it for Me???? Thanks CS!!

Justin Case
05-06-2010, 08:55 PM
What makes it go .? :blushing:

COWBOYSURVIVAL
05-06-2010, 08:57 PM
Mine will have a full horse making it go....

COWBOYSURVIVAL
05-06-2010, 08:59 PM
Poco,

It ain't for you but I need to get busy! I have 2 fast paced stores wanting my work for sale right now! I'll be asking 180$ approx. I have come a long way just haven't been posting.

oldsoldier
05-06-2010, 09:06 PM
:

:clap::clap::thumbup::thumbup:

Pocomoonskyeyes3
05-06-2010, 09:12 PM
Poco,

It ain't for you but I need to get busy! I have 2 fast paced stores wanting my work for sale right now! I'll be asking 180$ approx. I have come a long way just haven't been posting.

I know what you mean CS!! I have been getting advise from some really good Makers. I am on a Forum that has Master Bladesmiths and such, They are all friendly and VERY willing to help out a Newbie like Myself. I won a Beautiful Custom made Knife there too!!

http://i598.photobucket.com/albums/tt61/pocomoonskyeyes/knives/Chuck%20Gedraitis%20Knife/008.jpg

http://i598.photobucket.com/albums/tt61/pocomoonskyeyes/knives/Chuck%20Gedraitis%20Knife/ChuckGedraitisknife003.jpg

http://i598.photobucket.com/albums/tt61/pocomoonskyeyes/knives/Chuck%20Gedraitis%20Knife/gerdraitisknifeIwon.jpg

COWBOYSURVIVAL
05-06-2010, 09:18 PM

Coot, Your one around here I respect. I do hope you don't have that opinion of me, But if you do so be it. If your kiddie comment was directed to me then I'll say this. I was offering up some solutions that might work. I spoke my mind and am sticking to what I think. But I sure as heck ain't takin' my toys home. I ain't easily insulted by words either and I know you ain't. There is a big field over yonder and we can use the whole bit of it if we need to. As I said your one member I respect alot. I do like this forum more than any other one around and because of that I'll make my opinion known if need be.

COWBOYSURVIVAL
05-06-2010, 09:21 PM
Poco,

I saw your earlier post and I really like the quench line. I am not on any knife forums. Glad you one it!

COWBOYSURVIVAL
05-06-2010, 09:23 PM
I think it's a good idea. Kinda like the 2D vs Ken thread.

I'd still go to the off forum, forum for a laugh and have no problem with Justin's posts....just remember things being more on topic.

Sourdough
05-06-2010, 09:38 PM
Um,,, Thats what the General Chat forum is for, You guys only want to talk about surviving "ALL" the time,, Thats Ok, I can live with that,, so tell me , Whats the best Survival Knife ? who has the biggest gun ? How Bad does Bear gryls suck ? :innocent:

Justin Case, I would like to be clear, that I enjoy General Chat, a perfect example is Tabatha's Thread about her Son. Another would be Crash doing a photo essay on his hike. To be clear what I am protesting is importing and starting a thread on Dogs in Church, or a lady taking the drivers test 960 times. I get that you thought it was funny; However What if we had 60 members a day importing links to stuff that they thought was funny. What if each of the 60 started only 5 links to stuff that they thought was interesting or funny, that would be 300 new threads per day.

It is clear to me that you two, ( Too Dumb and you Justin Case) are interested in jokes and stuff you consider funny. In the end it is Chris's Forum. He can manage it, or not.

I will not give you two the pleasure of running me off, however I will aspire to better manage my time. And if I need a giggle I'll stop in for a visit. I am not going away MAD, I will simply be better managing my time.

Justin Case
05-06-2010, 09:46 PM
that would be 300 new threads per day.

Chris would Jump for Joy !

Look,, I showed you how to add me to your ignore list,, If you do that you will Never have to read another one of my posts,, SIMPLE ! as for what you do with your time,, Frankly, I couldn't care less,,

2dumb2kwit
05-06-2010, 09:52 PM
In the end it is Chris's Forum. He can manage it, or not.

Careful what you ask for. A lot of forums ban people who complain constantly, and cause trouble.

red lake
05-06-2010, 09:56 PM
And ban those who flood the forum with a steady stream of garbage as well.

smhg
05-06-2010, 09:56 PM
These types of threads can be very engaging & entertaining on a forum!

Look at all of the colorful conversation that's been happening on this C-Thread. (insert picture of little angel w/ halo smiley here.)

Justin Case
05-06-2010, 09:58 PM

Like you little link to nowhere ?

Alaskan Survivalist
05-06-2010, 09:59 PM
Days are getting longer and having less time myself. There is not much talk about survival among people I know in the real world but plenty of less serious people to keep me entertained. Maybe it's just a seasonal thing where more are getting out and doing things. Maybe the forum will get back to survival issues in the fall.

2dumb2kwit
05-06-2010, 10:00 PM

Well, you know what they say. "One mans garbage....":innocent:

Justin Case
05-06-2010, 10:00 PM
These types of threads can be very engaging & entertaining on a forum!

Look at all of the colorful conversation that's been happening on this C-Thread. (insert picture of little angel w/ halo smiley here.)

its fun ! http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

2dumb2kwit
05-06-2010, 10:04 PM
Days are getting longer and having less time myself. There is not much talk about survival among people I know in the real world but plenty of less serious people to keep me entertained. Maybe it's just a seasonal thing where more are getting out and doing things. Maybe the forum will get back to survival issues in the fall.

Heck, the world may have ended by then. Don't you need to go get ready?

(LOL.....OK, you have to admit, that was kinda funny! Hahahahaha!):tongue_smilie:

doug1980
05-06-2010, 10:08 PM
This is a survival forum?

Alaskan Survivalist
05-06-2010, 10:11 PM
Heck, the world may have ended by then. Don't you need to go get ready?

(LOL.....OK, you have to admit, that was kinda funny! Hahahahaha!):tongue_smilie:

Looking a steady decline that may take a couple of years before it affects me much. I'm ready. 2012 seems like a good round number to to me.

Justin Case
05-06-2010, 10:14 PM
From This sites FAQ,

COPY,

[I][/IA bulletin board is an online discussion site. It's sometimes also called a 'board' or 'forums'. It may contain several categories, consisting of forums, threads and individual posts.

How is all this structured?

The bulletin board as a whole contains various categories (broad subject areas), which themselves contain forums (more specific subject areas) which contain threads (conversations on a topic) which are made up of individual posts (where a user writes something).

(Nobody is twisting anybody's arm to read stuff they are not interested in,,)

2dumb2kwit
05-06-2010, 10:15 PM
Looking a steady decline that may take a couple of years before it affects me much. I'm ready. 2012 seems like a good round number to to me.

Now see....we had a thread about 2012 one time, and a bunch of people called it a crap thread. I think that the end of 2012 is going to be bad, but not for the same reasons as most people. LOL

Alaskan Survivalist
05-06-2010, 10:24 PM
Now see....we had a thread about 2012 one time, and a bunch of people called it a crap thread. I think that the end of 2012 is going to be bad, but not for the same reasons as most people. LOL

I just think by then it will clear to all how screwed we are. It's already too late. By then everybody will know it.

cowgirlup
05-06-2010, 10:29 PM
This is a survival forum?

Nah, It's FOX news, CNN amd The Onion all combined with a bit of useful knowledge. It's the Walmart of survival forums.:innocent:

doug1980
05-06-2010, 10:57 PM
Nah, It's FOX news, CNN amd The Onion all combined with a bit of useful knowledge. It's the Walmart of survival forums.:innocent:

Oh... well that makes sense. Good description.

BENESSE
05-07-2010, 11:48 PM
There's something deeply disenchanting about this thread.
I couldn't even bring myself to respond right away--just felt sad, like a certain spontaneity was lost. I felt we were above nit-picking, above judgment, above pettiness aside from just good natured ribbing.
How does one reconcile the idea of DOC and "D we care as long as you post long these lines"?
I just don't get it.
And maybe I'm not meant to.

Alaskan Survivalist
05-08-2010, 01:49 AM
It's like looking for a plot in hard core porn.

Ole WV Coot
05-08-2010, 08:18 AM
Coot, Your one around here I respect. I do hope you don't have that opinion of me, But if you do so be it. If your kiddie comment was directed to me then I'll say this. I was offering up some solutions that might work. I spoke my mind and am sticking to what I think. But I sure as heck ain't takin' my toys home. I ain't easily insulted by words either and I know you ain't. There is a big field over yonder and we can use the whole bit of it if we need to. As I said your one member I respect alot. I do like this forum more than any other one around and because of that I'll make my opinion known if need be.

I didn't direct my statement to anyone in particular and I don't believe in backing up unless I am proved wrong. Be a mighty dull world if everyone agreed and I respect a man's opinion. Most folks on here ain't shy, which is nice. I believe survival is living and lots of ideas and thoughts are good to hear. I learn a little from everyone and I am hard to impress, but some folks do impress me especially how far they have come, as with knife making and if I wanted just wilderness survival, well I can dig up any dry details myself. Humor is part of surviving and I feel there is no such thing as a dumb question, only a dumb answer. I don't care for a wise a$$ but they are easy to ignore. Sure would be a dull world if everyone did agree. Just my personal opinion.

Alaskan Survivalist
05-08-2010, 04:48 PM
Between the "Image of gentalia on airport body screener" and the "snake in womans stomach" I'm convinced!

welderguy
05-08-2010, 05:12 PM
It's like looking for a plot in hard core porn.

watch a lot of porn do ya?

Justin Case
05-08-2010, 05:57 PM
Just look at his signature,, :innocent:

rebel
05-08-2010, 05:58 PM
Let's be tolerant and know there's not a finite amount of thread space. You do have a choice of what you look at. Start your own threads. Duh (that's for the puppeteers)!

Alaskan Survivalist
05-08-2010, 06:01 PM
Why bother posting when it's going to be buried by crap?

rebel
05-08-2010, 06:05 PM
Why bother posting when it's going to be buried by crap?

I get your point. About 9 months ago I made a similar appeal and nothing changed. Good luck.

crashdive123
05-08-2010, 07:01 PM
One man's crap is another man's fertilizer.

BENESSE
05-08-2010, 07:15 PM
One man's crap is another man's fertilizer.

Confucious? :sneaky2:

crashdive123
05-08-2010, 07:17 PM
Confucious? :sneaky2:

Hobby gardener.:blushing:

Justin Case
05-08-2010, 07:18 PM
Lol Lol :)

Rick
05-09-2010, 09:05 AM
I really have to chuckle at all the crap that was posted on a crap thread. You guys are funny.

It's sort of like TV. If you don't like the channel then turn it. You don't have to watch. If you don't like a thread, don't read it. Simple. But then, what would we have to complain about?

Pocomoonskyeyes3
05-09-2010, 09:09 AM
300 channels and nothing on????

Ken
05-09-2010, 09:09 AM
But then, what would we have to complain about?

:sneaky2: http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6166&highlight=abusing

crashdive123
05-09-2010, 09:15 AM
:sneaky2: http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6166&highlight=abusing

Ah - I had forgotten about my "Few Good Moderators" post.

Rick
05-09-2010, 09:17 AM
300 channels and nothing on????

Read a book.

:sneaky2: http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...hlight=abusing (http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6166&highlight=abusing)

We're kinda like parents. We generally don't get involved in the petty squabbles and complaints until someone gets hurt. Then we send everyone to their room.

Ken
05-09-2010, 09:18 AM
Ah - I had forgotten about my "Few Good Moderators" post.

This one? :innocent:

You Can't Handle the Truth

Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by moderators with ban buttons. Whose gonna do it? You? You, Mr. Forum Guy & Gal? We have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for those that have been banned and you curse the moderators. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what we know. That those bannings, while tragic, probably saved lives. And our existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want us on that wall, you need us on that wall. We use words like spammer, troll, flaming. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that we provide, and then questions the manner in which we provide it. We would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a toot what you think you are entitled to.

Justin Case
05-09-2010, 09:21 AM

DANG ! Sorry I missed this one :sneaky2:

Justin Case
05-09-2010, 09:23 AM
I really have to chuckle at all the crap that was posted on a crap thread. You guys are funny.

It's sort of like TV. If you don't like the channel then turn it. You don't have to watch. If you don't like a thread, don't read it. Simple. But then, what would we have to complain about?

LOL,, 100 Posts of Crap complaints about Crap threads,, It's Hilarious,, http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

crashdive123
05-09-2010, 09:23 AM
DANG ! Sorry I missed this one :sneaky2:

Just keep it in mind the next time you post. The mods are just as abusive now.:innocent:

Ken
05-09-2010, 09:24 AM
We're kinda like parents.

Happy Mothers Day, Rick. :innocent:

Justin Case
05-09-2010, 09:25 AM
Just keep it in mind the next time you post. The mods are just as abusive now.:innocent:

I havent voted yet :sneaky2:

crashdive123
05-09-2010, 09:26 AM
I havent voted yet :sneaky2:

You only get one.

Sarge on the other hand had 1.5 million.

Rick
05-09-2010, 09:26 AM
Ban button. Now where did I put that?

BENESSE
05-09-2010, 09:51 AM
:blushing: :innocent: :sneaky2:

Justin Case
05-09-2010, 09:54 AM
:blushing: :innocent: :sneaky2:

LOL,, For some reason, There is a lot of talk about "Nuts" on the forum today ? :blushing::innocent:
http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11920

2dumb2kwit
05-09-2010, 10:01 AM
LOL,, For some reason, There is a lot of talk about "Nuts" on the forum today ? :blushing::innocent:
http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11920

It's mothers day. How do you think they became.......oh, nevermind.

(Oops....we kinda took the crap thread off topic.):blushing:

panch0
05-09-2010, 10:03 AM
Ohhh crap!

There back on topic. Lol

Justin Case
05-09-2010, 10:04 AM
Ohhh crap!

There back on topic. Lol

LOL,,, Thanks panch0 ,,

klkak
05-13-2010, 08:56 PM
Seems there are some folks on this forum that should spend more time outside in the woods then inside sitting at a computer.

hunter63
05-15-2010, 10:53 PM
Huh, what ? what'd I miss? what'd I miss? head out to the cabin for a week or so, had only WiFi time at the saloon for THE IMPORTANT STUFF and missed all this, Post Toasties and all............OMG

Carry on.................

rebel
05-15-2010, 10:58 PM
I'm glad I don't live in a glass house....

Alaskan Survivalist
05-15-2010, 11:08 PM
It's good to get a concensous now and then. It is easier to just chat and throw in a link to YouTube every so often. Original content isn't needed with all the videos available.

Icemancometh
05-17-2010, 12:00 PM
i Dont Know,, I Will Refrain From Starting Threads.

thanks!!!!!!

Rick
05-17-2010, 12:09 PM
That's cold.

Icemancometh
05-17-2010, 12:18 PM
That's cold.

It is what it is. I have to go with Sourdough and RedLake on this one. Too much silly crap goes on here for me. I appreciate the fact that someone throws a joke or silly picture in occasionally, but please give it a rest. Maybe this isn't the place for me after all, and thats okay too. This is just my low post count opinion and probably doesn't count for much but once again it is what it is.

Justin Case
05-17-2010, 12:34 PM
This is just my low post count opinion and probably doesn't count for much but once again it is what it is.
Doesnt count for anything as far as I am concerned !

rwc1969
05-17-2010, 02:09 PM
I think it was around the same time the crap threads started that the forum refresh thing started acting up. :)

klkak
05-17-2010, 05:11 PM
I just reviewed the last 247 threads started by "Unnamed Forum Member" (UFM) and found that all but a small handful were "Crap" gleaned from the net.

Not that this is a bad thing.

But it begs the question: Has "UFM" ever had an original thought?

BENESSE
05-17-2010, 05:47 PM
I just reviewed the last 247 threads started by "Unnamed Forum Member" (UFM) and found that all but a small handful were "Crap" gleaned from the net.

Not that this is a bad thing.

But it begs the question: Has "UFM" ever had an original thought?

Why on earth would you care?
Ain't it nice to have a choice and exercise it?
I am.
The menu is long and varied.
Order what you like, let the others get what they want.
If you don't like "Happy Family" get the "Lo Main", but don't make everyone else eat it.
Why is that so hard to accept?
I really want to know just in case I'm missing out on the big idea.

Justin Case
05-17-2010, 05:53 PM
Why on earth would you care?
Ain't it nice to have a choice and exercise it?
I am.
The menu is long and varied.
Order what you like, let the others get what they want.
If you don't like "Happy Family" get the "Lo Main", but don't make everyone else eat it.
Why is that so hard to accept?
I really want to know just in case I'm missing out on the big idea.

Well Said ! No B, You are Not Missing anything,, in Fact You Nailed It !

klkak
05-17-2010, 06:24 PM
Well Benesse,

(UFM) has been here since February. That is just 3 months. He has made over 2400 post. That comes out to over 26 post per day. In other words (UFM) is flooding this forum with "life as it applies to (UFM)". I wouldn't feel the way I do about (UFM's) posts if they actually had some relevance to what the core of this forum is about.

It is true that the "Menu" is long and varied. However, why should one have to cut through so much spam to get to the real meat. If you want steak you go to a steak house, if you want crab you go to a sea food restaurant, if you want sushi....you get the idea!

Personally I come to this forum to visit with like minded people and talk about wilderness survival, wilderness living, self-reliance and such topics. Not to be inundated with all the stuff that is available else where on the net if I wanted to read about it.

It's not just (UFM) that is guilty of polluting the forum waters with crap. There are others that do it to. (UFM) just has a bad case of diarrhea.

Justin Case
05-17-2010, 06:36 PM
Well Benesse,

(UFM) has been here since February. That is just 3 months. He has made over 2400 post. That comes out to over 26 post per day. In other words (UFM) is flooding this forum with "life as it applies to (UFM)". I wouldn't feel the way I do about (UFM's) posts if they actually had some relevance to what the core of this forum is about.

It is true that the "Menu" is long and varied. However, why should one have to cut through so much spam to get to the real meat. If you want steak you go to a steak house, if you want crab you go to a sea food restaurant, if you want sushi....you get the idea!

Personally I come to this forum to visit with like minded people and talk about wilderness survival, wilderness living, self-reliance and such topics. Not to be inundated with all the stuff that is available else where on the net if I wanted to read about it.

It's not just (UFM) that is guilty of polluting the forum waters with crap. There are others that do it to. (UFM) just has a bad case of diarrhea.

Learn How to use your computer and Please Put Me on your Ignore List, Then you will Never Have to Read another one of My posts, Now, Go FY !

Camp10
05-17-2010, 06:38 PM
gfy ! ,,,,,,,,

Easy Justin! Having a difference of opinion is okay...right?:sneaky2:

Justin Case
05-17-2010, 06:41 PM
Easy Justin! Having a difference of opinion is okay...right?:sneaky2:

There is a Big difference between Having a difference of opinion and attacking another "Member" of this forum, ImO , ;)

Ken
05-17-2010, 06:41 PM
Ouch! :innocent:

klkak
05-17-2010, 06:46 PM
Learn How to use your computer and Please Put Me on your Ignore List, Then you will Never Have to Read another one of My posts, Now, Go FY !

What exactly does "Go FY" mean?:innocent:

crashdive123
05-17-2010, 06:49 PM
Fellas, fellas, fellas.......let's play nice. I hate locking down threads, but if personal stuff persist that's what I'll have to do.

klkak
05-17-2010, 06:51 PM
There is a Big difference between Having a difference of opinion and attacking another "Member" of this forum, ImO , ;)

Funny, I don't remember ever mentioning you name.

Justin Case
05-17-2010, 06:55 PM

Grow up Dude .

Ken
05-17-2010, 06:56 PM
http://www.mintunderground.com/store/images/Felony%20Records%20-%20Lock%20Down.jpg

Sourdough
05-17-2010, 06:57 PM
BAN JUSTIN CASE............It is easier than locking the thread. And it solves a lot of other problems....:innocent::innocent::innocent::):):)

Justin Case

Look, here is the answer to your problem,

Ignore lists are used for those people whose messages you wish not to read. By adding someone to your ignore list, those messages posted by these individuals will be hidden when you read a thread.

Its right there is FAQ.

BENESSE
It is true that the "Menu" is long and varied. However, why should one have to cut through so much spam to get to the real meat. If you want steak you go to a steak house, if you want crab you go to a sea food restaurant, if you want sushi....you get the idea!.

Well maybe you might consider going to the meat section right off the bat. Why bother with the lo sodium, or steamed selections if you know you don't like 'em?
If you don't see anything you like in "Specials Of the Day" (New Posts), get something off the regular menu (Search Forums).
Takes me less than 10 sec. in "New Posts" to figure out from the thread subject matter whether I want to click on it or not. If I'm not interested, I don't click.

If you're looking for more meat selections, why not offer to cook up some yourself?

crashdive123
05-17-2010, 07:03 PM
I guess that's enough. If anybody does not want to read anothers posts, then please don't. You can either skip threads that have been started by those you do not want to hear from, or as has been suggested, use the ignore feature of the forum. I will say this - that when a new thread is started that just provides a link or a video I seldom open them regardless of who starts the thread. If I see that it has generated some interest, I may open the link or video at some point later on. I have also done my best to move the threads that are merely video links to the video of the day thread since many of our members are on dial up and even opening a thread can be time consuming, let alone trying to watch the video.

crashdive123
05-17-2010, 07:06 PM
Oh - and I probably don't need to say this - but I will. Please do not let any disagreements that may have started here spill over into other threads. Time to let it go. Thank you.