PDA

View Full Version : im a new member!

toasta
12-10-2007, 10:01 PM
hey i'm chris and well honestly i really have no background
except why i got into survival. We have this heavy oak forest behind our house and well, it started with the occasional walk and it led up to wanting to know what foods were ok to eat and what ones weren't (poison oak isnt the best, found that out the hard way). Today i go on a walk everyday through the woods and practicly know them inside and out.
I Attened a big picture school and we have to do quaterly projects, for this project i choose woodland survival. And thats how i stumbled upon this forum:D

Rick
12-10-2007, 10:28 PM
Welcome, Chris. Poison anything isn't the best. There definitely are better options available.
We're grad you're here.

LadyTrapper
12-10-2007, 10:28 PM
Welcome... you have stumbled to the right place...you will find good info and good people here.

toasta
12-10-2007, 10:38 PM
Thank you for accepting me,
i hope i learn alot from everyone:)

Sarge47
12-11-2007, 12:19 AM
It's cool that you've got the woods to play around in. By the way, get a book that identifys plants or you might be chewing on Poison Ivy next.:eek: Also, I'm recommending Cody Lundin's book: "98.6 Degrees" The Art Of Keeping Your A$$ Alive!" We probably should make that "mandatory reading prior to people joining this site. (dry humor) Anyway, that book is a good place to start.:cool:

Stealth
12-11-2007, 12:34 AM
sarge, you should get some sort of commission every time you pitch lundin's book :p

Sarge47
12-11-2007, 12:38 AM
sarge, you should get some sort of commission every time you pitch lundin's book :p

I only promote what I believe is worthwhile. Besides, the guy took the time out of his busy schedule to respond to Rick's question properly. The fellow definatly knows his stuff. BTW, do you own a copy? If not you should buy one. Amazon has the best price. He also has a second book that he's recently finished on "Doomsday Scenarios". I'll probably buy that one just to see what he wrote. Also check out Rick's review of the book!:cool:

toasta
12-11-2007, 01:35 AM
thank i am going to library tomarrow and ill see if they have it.
if not I'll go to amazon and get it, beause from what you've said about it makes me want to read it.

nell67
12-11-2007, 03:36 AM
Welcome to the wolf pack toasta!

Nativedude
12-11-2007, 04:39 AM
Welcome to the madness Toasta. . .enjoy!! :eek: :D

trax
12-11-2007, 12:13 PM
madness you say?? What madness?? (pause to babble incoherently and bang my head against the wall) No madness here toasta, welcome aboard...(evil cackle)

Jay
12-14-2007, 12:48 AM
Welcome to the forum. you are on the right track.