PDA

View Full Version : DOC and Jamboree

Julie362
05-02-2010, 08:43 PM
Can somebody please tell my how to get involved in DoC?
Also, what is this Jamboree everyone talks about?
By the way, turning in what is HOPEFULLY the final draft of that essay...:crash:

crashdive123
05-02-2010, 09:04 PM
Can somebody please tell my how to get involved in DoC?
Also, what is this Jamboree everyone talks about?
By the way, turning in what is HOPEFULLY the final draft of that essay...:crash:

DOC is something that is Sourdough's dream child. It's just friends cheering up friends from time to time that might need it. If anybody is interested in contributing, I am the keeper of the funds (treasurer). All anybody has to do is PM me and I'll let them know how to send the funds. Any amounts are appreciated. We've also had a couple of auctions to raise a few dollars too, so if somebody has something that might be good to auction off I'd be happy to explain that via PM too.

As far as the Jamboree - that's what we have been calling our little camping get togethers. There is one in Alaska next month. We did one in Indiana last year and a couple in Florida. There's one later this month in North Georgia. Everybody is welcome to them - just a matter of being able to make the time and being able to affor the trip.

Julie362
05-03-2010, 07:36 PM
Hmm... Thanks! You all should come to Vermont. =]

equus
05-03-2010, 07:38 PM
When is the one in Georgia and where at?

COWBOYSURVIVAL
05-03-2010, 07:43 PM
When is the one in Georgia and where at?

It is at Talleluh state park on May 15 and 16th.

Here is the thread...there hasn't been much interest. I am trying to make it but may be in a bind I wrecked my truck. Here is a link.

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9520&page=7&highlight=jamboree

crashdive123
05-03-2010, 07:51 PM
I believe there is also one in the works for the Northeast.

equus
05-03-2010, 07:56 PM
I still couldn't make that one. I am on weekend nights until the 17th of May.

huntermj
05-03-2010, 08:02 PM
I started making some noise about having one in southern Vermont a while back but got caught up in other things and droped the ball. I did find a nice place for it. If there is interest i am willing to pick it back up.