PDA

View Full Version : Widwest Native Skills Institute

Rick
12-09-2007, 10:46 AM
These folks are located in Cleveland, Ohio. Just wondering if anyone has attended any of their classes?

http://www.survivalschool.com/

wareagle69
12-09-2007, 11:00 AM
never heard of them, where do they hold their classes at the ohio river valley or further south?

Rick
12-09-2007, 11:59 AM
I don't know. I just ran across them on the web. I did a search on the forum but only found one member that seemed to know about them. However, it was a short post. I'm just looking for some insight. I can do okay on natural foods in the wild but they have a class that interests me. Always looking to learn more. And they have some homesteading classes that looked interesting. I know zip about homesteading.

trax
12-10-2007, 03:33 PM
...hey this looks alright, they offered to teach me the skills seen on Man vs. Wilderness. Uh yeah, fumbling around in the wild like a retard is NOT the tradtional Indian way, thanks anyway. (could just have been a bad marketing idea on their part)

Rick
12-10-2007, 04:13 PM
(chuckle) I completely missed that. I was off on some of the other pages looking around. I had to go back and look for your reference and, sure enough, there it was. Oh, well. I guess you have to set the bar low for beginner wannabes like me. What's that? No. No way, dude. I ain't drinkin' that no matter how much I paid for this class.

trax
12-10-2007, 04:32 PM
I'll pay MORE for the class if I don't have to drink it, LOL.

Ole WV Coot
12-10-2007, 06:37 PM
Maybe I could get a discount if they teach me how to make wine & cheese and I teach them how to make moonshine. Now the pottery sounds interesting, and 3 meals without bugs just ain't natural. As for a winter trip to Maine, NO THANKS. My Mom grew up in New Sweden, ME and I would have to go visit relatives. I really didn't see much to offer unless you grew up in a place where all the trees had concrete around them.

trax
12-10-2007, 06:56 PM
If you're goin' there and making moonshine let me know. I migh sign up after all...