PDA

View Full Version : Brunswick stew

2dumb2kwit
04-09-2010, 03:55 PM
I'm still searching for the perfect brunswick stew recipe, so if anyone has a good one, please post it. Not only would I thank you, but it may help Ken understand good southern cooking.:innocent: LOL

Ken
04-09-2010, 04:03 PM
I'm still searching for the perfect brunswick stew recipe, so if anyone has a good one, please post it. Not only would I thank you, but it may help Ken understand good southern cooking.:innocent: LOL

Maybe ken already HAS a recipe for Brunswick Stew. :innocent: Ken may even add a bit of onion soup base and some Gravy Master to the pot.

Pal334
04-09-2010, 04:11 PM
2d, have a care, me thinks Ken is sandbagging you :)

Ken
04-09-2010, 04:21 PM
2d, have a care, me thinks Ken is sandbagging you :)

Pal, if Ken was trying to sandbag 2dumb, should he mention that Brunswick Stew is best served ladeled over honey-corn bread or cornmeal dumplings? :innocent: Or that you should MASH half of the lima beans BEFORE you add them to the pot? Or that you should only use DARK chicken meat? Or that you should flour the chicken and pork before you GRILL it, 'cause that's the best way to prepare it before it gets tossed in the pot? Or that FRESH corn, just cut off the ear, is the BEST in the stew? Or that you should add some HEAVY CREAM to the pot just before it's done? Or that sun dried tomatos are better than tomato paste in this recipe? Or that some smoked shoulder actually works as well as bacon in this recipe ?

Just wonderin'. :innocent:

Pal334
04-09-2010, 04:54 PM
Pal, if Ken was trying to sandbag 2dumb, should he mention that Brunswick Stew is best served ladeled over honey-corn bread or cornmeal dumplings? :innocent: Or that you should MASH half of the lima beans BEFORE you add them to the pot? Or that you should only use DARK chicken meat? Or that you should flour the chicken and pork before you GRILL it, 'cause that's the best way to prepare it before it gets tossed in the pot? Or that FRESH corn, just cut off the ear, is the BEST in the stew? Or that you should add some HEAVY CREAM to the pot just before it's done? Or that sun dried tomatos are better than tomato paste in this recipe? Or that some smoked shoulder actually works as well as bacon in this recipe ?

Just wonderin'. :innocent:

Mmmm, now that you put it that way, I agree and retract my callous allegation. Mr. 2d, I think Ken definitely has your best interests in mind:cool2:

2dumb2kwit
04-09-2010, 04:57 PM
Mmmm, now that you put it that way, I agree and retract my callous allegation. Mr. 2d, I think Ken definitely has your best interests in mind:cool2:

I doubt that, but it does sound like he may have a good recipe.:innocent: LOL

Ken
04-09-2010, 05:00 PM

Question, 2dumb. Do you reduce your chicken stock before adding your ingredients? I do. Much better'n adding bullion, which makes it way too salty. :innocent:

Ken
04-09-2010, 05:03 PM
I may even add a bit of pearl barley.......... :innocent:

2dumb2kwit
04-09-2010, 05:08 PM
Question, 2dumb. Do you reduce your chicken stock before adding your ingredients? I do. Much better'n adding bullion, which makes it way too salty. :innocent:

I don't use chicken "stock".
I only use highly modified, high performance chicken. LOL

Seriously....no. I use chicken stock out of those box thingies (Like a juice box.), and get on with it.

Pal334
04-09-2010, 05:17 PM

Mmmm,, That does trump alot of things. Come to think of it,this sounds like a ladies tea party, exchanging cooking tips (no offense intended ladies)

Rick
04-09-2010, 07:38 PM
Well, where the @#$ is the beer and the bratts?! (snooooort) Mmmm. An appetizer.

2dumb2kwit
04-09-2010, 09:19 PM
Mmmm,, That does trump alot of things. Come to think of it,this sounds like a ladies tea party, exchanging cooking tips (no offense intended ladies)

Maybe if you'd had tea with us, you'd have known better than to give away your wifes milk, eggs and bread.:innocent: LOL