PDA

View Full Version : Another potential good book

rwc1969
04-06-2010, 10:46 AM
http://books.google.com/books?id=Q-AZur2fNUwC&printsec=frontcover&dq=Edible+Wild+Plants:+Wild+Foods+from+Dirt+to+Pla te&cd=1#v=onepage&q=&f=false

"Edible Wild Plants: Wild Foods from Dirt to Plate" by John Kallas

Looks like it hasn't been released yet, and from what I can tell only covers 15 or so "greens" type plants. But, the author seems to take the same approach as Sam Thayer, basing his writing on experience rather than hear say and doing as the title says, taking it from dirt to plate and everything in between.

I found the Google Books link when doing a search for "wintercress buds".

* I think it would be great if someone could go through this forum and "list" all the links, like the ones Ken recently posted, and book recommendations into one sticky thread at the top. Now, if we only knew someone who was good at making lists??? Hmmm??? :)

There's a lot of good info been posted recently on books, pdfs and such and I'd hate to see it get buried. It'd be nice if all the reference material was in one place.

your_comforting_company
04-06-2010, 03:38 PM
I agree, but I'm terrible using search and making lists.
definately got my vote if we can find someone to volunteer.

wareagle69
04-06-2010, 09:46 PM
funnny you should mention this.
last night i was on amazon ordering sam thayers new book and they always show books in a catagory that states
books others like you purchased after buying this book and john kallas was mentioned, thought it looked good but i have a book shelf full of books that suck, but reading before bedtime, i looked at the back of thayers current book and he reccommends john kallas, thats good enough for me, kind if like of YCC or RWC recomends something, words i take to heart

rwc1969
04-06-2010, 11:09 PM
so, if thayer recommended hin he must have other books out as well, hmm...

I take it Thayer's new book is out too then.

YCC, That wa ssupposed to be a hint to Ken, he's the list maker. :) Besides, he posted a lot of good links here recently and most are already buried.

Ted
04-06-2010, 11:19 PM
RWC, as soon as I see a intesting link I hit it and save it too my favorites. Ive gotten so many saved I'll never get them all read!...LOL

But I also agree, I think they do have a recomended book thread some place on here.