PDA

View Full Version : Who has more survival skills

Proud American
11-30-2007, 08:04 PM
Alrighty, here is how i see it Delta Force most likely has best survival training of all. Followed by Green Berrets then Army Rangers, am I right? Also how much survival trainin does Navy Seals get? All you former and current millitary people please share your info and expertise, thanks.

Beo
11-30-2007, 09:15 PM
Never forget the British SAS, some of the best survivalist around, although we won't hold Bear Grylls against them. As for the U.S. forces once you reach that level there's little to no difference once you've been survival trained. It then goes to each induvudual soldier to keep his skills sharp and team training is done by the unit, company (squadron in Delta) and team for Sf and Rangers. Lead the Way!!!
Beo,

Proud American
11-30-2007, 09:59 PM
Thanks Beo for the info. Yeah the British do have the SAS but i was thinkin American special forces.So in your opinion or anyone elses opinion do you think the SAS is better then Delta Force(yah i know the SAS originaly trained Delta Force). I dont know maybe im just a PROUD AMERICAN and dont know the facts. Read alot on Delta but know sadly lttle about the SAS

Sarge47
11-30-2007, 10:04 PM
I saw, and taped Discovery's: "Marine Survival School" and really dug it. The Air Force also teaches some good stuff. But who's the best, why, hands down, it's Ranger Rick!:D (Sucking up to get a "free" necklace.)

Beo
11-30-2007, 10:06 PM
I'll stick with my thoughts on the US troops but SAS and Delta are pretty squared away in my book, but as for one being better than the other... nah Delta is probably tops on this planet, but SAS ain't far behind, and the Seals do get survival training, but each force be it Marine Army Navy or even Air Force PJs, they all get great training and are all on top of their game.

Proud American
11-30-2007, 10:21 PM
Sarge47: I saw, and taped Discovery's: "Marine Survival School" and really dug it.

Hey Id be intrested in that see if its on youtube fore me k

Also Beo i agree Delta with SAS not far behind. Hey Id also since im intrested in the Rangers, (read up on them but getting knowlage first hand is better and the way to go) if you and anyother Rangers could share stories or give me some tips id realy apreciate it thanks again.

beerrunner13
12-01-2007, 12:47 AM
I gotta agree with Beo on this at this level it is pretty much up to the indiviual,I served with the 82nd RDF which was kind of the forerunners of the Delta boys back in the eqarly 70's but I have my Ranger tab and yep Rangers lead the way,not to put down any of the other units rmember they are used for diffrent missions and yes the Air Force PJs seem to be very under rated

WildGoth
12-01-2007, 03:34 AM
i think it really depends on the time you mean cuase sas was ahead of delta's for a while so it really depends on when and your personal choice

Proud American
12-01-2007, 10:37 AM
I wass actualy thinkin of modern as in right now, but yes the SAS put Delta on there feet and always should be recognized for that.Also the PJ's are often forgoten just cause there not toten a SAW and gernades dosent mean there not invaluable in the field.Personaly therre are just some slogans every branch an division in the military should be usin. The slogan "That others might live" is what the militaries realy all about. Also the Ranger Slogan is also an all purpose slogan that I like.

Beerrunner that sounds cool, like to hear about that. What does RDF mean, and if it involves Rangers I thought the 71 Ranger brigade was the top of the top for Rangers(yes i know bein in other Ranger Brigades does not exlude you from beein a Delta canidate, they even take from the resseves if you have enoughf skill)Also Beerrunner why werent you asked to join Delta or were you and just didnt make it(it is a possibility readin up on Delta force i know how tough the test is)

beerrunner13
12-01-2007, 11:49 AM
RDF Rapid Deployment Force I got out of the Army when my last tour was up and was never asked reckon I wasn't good enough. We are talking over 30 years ago things have changed some I think,

FVR
12-01-2007, 12:15 PM
http://http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/FrankV/cp_1st_recon_92367e-mail.jpg

25 years ago I was on that beach.

Guess I'm biased.

Proud American
12-01-2007, 02:24 PM
<-Check Out my Cool New Avatar-Thanks Rick

Hey FVR thats cool like the Humvee with the .50 cal M2 on top and the zodiac boats. Why were you in Iraq 25 years ago.

O beer talkin about 30 years ago. Thats when the book "Inside Delta Force" takes place. Thats where i know most of the requirements I know about took place but even recent books that talk about Delta Force tell about the same requirments that you get from 10 years ago ( exept delya Force tranin always changes slightly as do most every special forces test).

Though to be honest guys another big reason that i joined this forum is that alot of current and past rangers and military guys are here. This being said i like hearin military stories so I wanted to pick up and read some good stories. That and the fact that 90% of the people registerd to this site have some verry good info and tips that I need to hear, and the other 10% I havent ran into yet!

Rick
12-01-2007, 04:18 PM
Just be careful, Proud. Some of these guys start their stories with, "Once upon a time..."

Proud American
12-01-2007, 04:24 PM
Just be careful, Proud. Some of these guys start their stories with, "Once upon a time...
Lol yeah I will thanks aqain for the Avatar

dilligaf2u2
12-01-2007, 07:19 PM
You want survival training! Try the ROK Rangers. Intence training for years and years before they are allowed to call themself rangers.

Don

Sarge47
12-01-2007, 07:31 PM
Sarge47: I saw, and taped Discovery's: "Marine Survival School" and really dug it.

Hey I'd be interested in that see if its on you tube for me, k

Also Beo i agree Delta with SAS not far behind. Hey Id also since I'm interested in the Rangers, (read up on them but getting knowledge first hand is better and the way to go) if you and any other Rangers could share stories or give me some tips id really appreciate it thanks again.

Sorry, I don't you tube, my computers pretty old. However Discovery.com sells the two DVD's for under 20 bucks & the S. & H. isn't all that high either.:cool:

FVR
12-01-2007, 08:26 PM
Proud American,

That's not Iraq, that's Blue beach off Camp Pend. we did alot of our training there, well really a few miles into the water. Back when I was in, our camp was Talega, now it's down near mainside I think.

Never met a ROK Ranger, did however meet a few ROK Marines, tough.

wareagle69
12-01-2007, 09:40 PM
when i signed up the recruiter asked me if i wanted to be a ranger and i asked "what's a ranger" 15 minutes later after watching a video i had it in my contract to go to rip, when i got to harmony church and heard them at all hours while i was going thru basic i almost regretted my hasty decision but after jump school i was proud to earn my wings then my black beret was my pinnacle of my tour.

rangers lead the way

Sarge47
12-01-2007, 10:12 PM
when i signed up the recruiter asked me if i wanted to be a ranger and i asked "what's a ranger" 15 minutes later after watching a video i had it in my contract to go to rip, when i got to harmony church and heard them at all hours while i was going thru basic i almost regretted my hasty decision but after jump school i was proud to earn my wings then my black beret was my pinnacle of my tour.

rangers lead the way

So where were you when "Ranger Rick" attacked?:rolleyes:

FVR
12-01-2007, 10:18 PM
I remember showing up at Mainside on Pend., big time boot, standing there at the check in, must have been a hundred of us.

This Sgt. starts calling names, an hour and a half later, I'm standing there and everyone has been directed to their bus'. The Sgt. asked me, while laughing, "who did you piss off? You like push ups? You're in a world of ****! laughing all the while, you're going to Talega, good luck."

I get on the bus, two and a half hours later, last boot on the bus, we drive through the skull and cross gates. I get off, walk up to S1 and hell started all over again. I was always told that the FMF was cake compared to boot camp. Yeh, right.

After the shock wore off, I loved every freak'n minute of it. I could go into it, but those of you who have been there, you know.

woodwose
12-01-2007, 10:27 PM
Alrighty, here is how i see it Delta Force most likely has best survival training of all. Followed by Green Berrets then Army Rangers, am I right? Also how much survival trainin does Navy Seals get? All you former and current millitary people please share your info and expertise, thanks.

:D You forgot the Special Air Service (S.A.S.):D

Proud American
12-02-2007, 12:16 AM
Proud American,

That's not Iraq, that's Blue beach off Camp Pend.

1000000000000 apolagies FVR, upon reading Global War on Terrorism I thought Iraq. Thanks for postin some fond (or not so fond memories). Keep postin please i read them all.

Proud American
12-02-2007, 12:20 AM
Woodwose
You forgot the Special Air Service (S.A.S.)

I did not infact forget the SAS(I know what it stands for) read on later in the post and youll see.

p.s. its okay to tell me what I already know to make sure I dont miss the oppurtunity to learn somthin new. Just remember im new and cluless, 99% of the time i realy dont know.

woodwose
12-02-2007, 01:25 PM
Woodwose
You forgot the Special Air Service (S.A.S.)

I did not infact forget the SAS(I know what it stands for) read on later in the post and youll see.

p.s. its okay to tell me what I already know to make sure I dont miss the oppurtunity to learn somthin new. Just remember im new and cluless, 99% of the time i realy dont know.

Oops! yeah, I didn't have a lot of time to read further..

Tony uk
12-02-2007, 01:39 PM
You are also forgetting the British Royal Marines and the Paratroopers both of which get the same survival training as the SAS.

Proud American
12-02-2007, 05:16 PM
Agian I wass thinkin more about the US. I know postin on a forum that has members all over the world I should have specified at the beggining of the post, but hey what can i say im a Proud American.

Sarge47
12-02-2007, 05:27 PM
Are we talking "tough", or are we talking "Survival" here? My $$$$'s on the Boy Scouts. They're really tough as well, just ask TRAX and Wareagle, if ya'all don't believe me!:eek:

Proud American
12-02-2007, 05:32 PM
LOL why they need to chime in here to tell me why,
BTW im a Boy Scout don't consider myself good at survival stuff or toughf.
But Sarge your right the question was basicaly off topic from the start and its just driftin farther and farther away

FVR
12-02-2007, 05:33 PM
Proud One,

Here's a pic for ya as I like your avatar. Rapelled out of many helo's, but my favorite was helocasts. Spyrigging was fun, but it got old after awhile.

STAND IN THE DOOR!

That's just a gen. helocast pic. Don't have any of myself as cameras were not an option.LOL.

Sarge47
12-02-2007, 05:40 PM
I'm a Boy Scout, don't consider myself good at survival stuff or tough.

Then learn it and teach your fellow scouts. Back when Scouting was in it's infancy it was all about the woods, camping, hiking, fishing, etc. I'm working on a book right now Titled: "Everything I need to know about Survival I learned in the Boy Scouts." I have a 1943 Handbook that teaches 90% of the stuff talked about here. I have a couple older Field Books that talk about building Survival kits. Much has been taken away from the scouting movement today as most Scoutmasters aren't into the outdoors.:confused: There are others who are, however, and a troop can pretty much decide what they want to focus on.:cool:

trax
12-03-2007, 05:28 PM
Whoever comes home

Proud American
12-03-2007, 08:45 PM
FVR
Rapelled out of many helo's, but my favorite was helocasts. Spyrigging was fun, but it got old after awhile.

STAND IN THE DOOR!

That's just a gen. helocast pic. Don't have any of myself as cameras were not an option.LOL.

Im sure youve done alot in the marines(right branch?) Whats a helocast?
BTW not like my opinion matters and im flattered you like mine (ow Rick sent me the Avatar) but liked your old one bettet lol(dont change for me though)

Sarge
Then learn it and teach your fellow scouts. Back when Scouting was in it's infancy it was all about the woods, camping, hiking, fishing, etc. I'm working on a book right now Titled: "Everything I need to know about Survival I learned in the Boy Scouts." I have a 1943 Handbook that teaches 90% of the stuff talked about here. I have a couple older Field Books that talk about building Survival kits. Much has been taken away from the scouting movement today as most Scoutmasters aren't into the outdoors. There are others who are, however, and a troop can pretty much decide what they want to focus on.

I will. The one guy i know that i can see alot of you bein like is a guy i admire. He for livin in the city is as far away from it as you can get, owns 2 acres( I dont know how big your yards is but thats pretty good here) lives right next to Carbon Canonyon Regional Park (if your in CA you might have a 1 an a million chance of knowin where that is) and he livess there with his family and just is the coolest guy ever. Nothin bothers him when he runs into a ratlesnake on his front porch kills it and has it for dinner. But i monno login here so basicly thats what i imagine most of you guys like( am i right?). Well thats what I think Scouts should teach you live on your own and dont sweat anything exept for a life and death situation.BTW Sarge whered you get a 1943 Scout book.

Trax
Whoever comes home

For so litle words you answered the question well.Trax thanks!

Sarge47
12-03-2007, 09:17 PM
BTW Sarge where'd you get a 1943 Scout book.

Off of e-Bey. When I was about nine I wanted to join the Cub Scouts, but because of some politics regarding our neighbors Mom & Dad wouldn't let me. So I saved my measly allowance and went down to a 2nd hand shop and bought a handbook and even an old uniform. I dreampt of being a boy Scout but never was. Later I had some experience with an Explorer Post and some time after that became an Asst. Scout Master, but that's a whole other story. The reason I tried for so long to get this particular Handbook was when I was younger there was a recipe in it that made bread out of just flour and water, mostly. It was the 1st thing I ever "cooked" and both me and my younger brother loved it. I love cooking over a campfire. Now-a-days a lot has been lost in the Scout movement. I'm not putting it down...well, maybe I am, but the "leave no trace" concept does away with campfires and pushes stoves for cooking. Did you ever eat bread cooked over the hot coals of a campfire, twisted around a green stick? You add garlic to some melted butter and either brush it over the hot bread, or break pieces of the bread off and dip it into the garlic-butter mixture. How about "pan-fried" Blue-Gill"? Baked potatoes cooked in the coals of your fire. Tea, Coffee, or hot chocolate made from the hot water in a coffee pot heated up by the same fire? Back in those times of the 1943 handbook Scouts spent more time in the woods than they ever did indoors. I think it's time to "re-take" the woods.:mad:

FVR
12-03-2007, 11:07 PM
Proud One,

I switch out my avatars between the USMC pic, the Helocast, and a few others.

We would hear the choppers coming in and then get the word to get our udts on and get to the scuba shack. We would pick up our fins, booties if we wanted them, a wet suit vest and a little battery operated pin on light that never worked.

They would load us up in the helo and off we would go to Blue beach while in S. Cal. or some strange ocean or bay while in Panama.

We always had a partner, two jumpers at a time, 5 and 5, 10 and 10, and 15 and 15. That is feet and knots. Stand in the door, jump, fins above your head. When we hit the water we checked each other out, then headed for the rendezvous site which was usually far away.

Scariest were the night swims, they would do this on Friday nights. It's dark, you're in the Pacific and you are suppose to rendezvous at the light which was usually far away. We would get in a big circle, tredding water, the CO would give us our assignments and you're off.

Man, I enjoyed this crap.

ATough
12-03-2007, 11:45 PM
I would say the rangers, than force Recon marines.

Sarge47
12-04-2007, 08:12 AM
It's not just the older Handbooks; it's also the older "Fieldbooks" that the Boy Scouts put out. I have one from 1969 and one from 1983. These teach a lot more on "outdoor lore". The '69 Fieldbook has instructions and patterns to make a Backpack, small reflector oven, and a "Survival" kit, as well as showing how to put a razor sharp edge on your axe. I also have a couple of the older "Scoutmaster" Handbooks. All of these books taught differently than they do today. "Survival" wasn't taught as a "separate subject" per se, it was understood that if you knew the woods and learned your skills you were going to be alright. The Boy Scout Motto: "Be Prepared" came down from a Brit named Baden-Powell. He started out by teaching the Scouting skills we have today to the military of his time during the Boer war in South Africa. When he started teaching boys he started out with only 22 of them. Interesting huh? A small group of 22, broke down into four "patrols" of five kids each with two kids left for administrative duty. Wouldn't it be cool to see something like that today; a small group of people practicing the same skills that were taught many years ago? Ahh, an old man's dream....;)

Rick
12-04-2007, 10:15 AM
Proud - I understand what you were saying in your last post, however, for the sake of the inexperienced I would like to offer some thoughts.

Nature is a pretty remarkable, well balanced machine. The role of predator and prey plays out each day from single celled organisms to those at the top of the food chain. It's worked really well for eons. If I were to find a snake on my front porch, I would either leave it alone or move it to a safer location, depending on what kind it was. I don't have a need to eat it because I have food in the house. I also respect it for it's predatory role in nature. It's doing me an invaluable service by keeping in check the population of rodents, ground squirrels, and other animals that might otherwise spiral out of control if allowed to reproduce unchecked.

It also plays an important role as prey to hunting birds such as hawks, falcons and eagles.

We are currently loosing about 5000 species per year according to the latest studies I've seen. Some from natural process, most from man's lack of understanding by destroying natural habitat, pollution and a host of other goofy things we do. I know a lot of guys that will go out of their way to kill a snake. It's simply a display of their stupidity. They are just too dumb to understand that and the potential consequences of their actions.

Were I in a survival situation and really had to eat that snake, I would. It's just part of the predator vs. prey cycle. Nature doing what it does best. But it's a different thing entirely to kill for the sake of killing, kill to impress or otherwise kill when it isn't required.

An elder once asked a young man if he knew what the greatest power was. The young man replied, "To be able to take a life." The elder shook his head and told the young man that the greatest power is the ability to take a life but not exercise it.

We might call it restraint.

We are stewards of our own home, this planet. Something the aboriginal peoples of every land seemed to understand far better than the rest of us. I think we could take a lesson or two from them.

Beo
12-04-2007, 10:51 AM
All the training in world means nothing if you can't execute it in the field. That's why you must practice your skills every chance you get.

Proud American
12-04-2007, 11:28 AM
So many post were to begin. First thanks for all you guys have said, so hees my remarks.

Sarge
Havin thos Handbooks is cool, yes i know a litle about Baden Powell, he kept his troops alive for 100+ days durring a siege, after it was over he decided to write how to stay alive in a boo desighned for soliders. From what Ive heard (my be speculation) soliders used it but werent realy into it but the kids there were, so he started teaching the kids and thats how it started( write me if you have heard or know otherwise). Also my Grandpa just died and i know he has an old Scouting book ill try and get it thanks. Also Sarge dont bash Scoutin to much as I see it they provide an essential roll o our socitey you may have ovelooked, they are goin to be the soliders of our country in the next 10 years, they are goin to be the politicians to stand up for somthin(not saining they all will), Scouting still teaches morals and that is verry important as now you could live your whole life and never worry abot gettin lossed in the woods, because goin in the woods is no longer neccasry for some( if you do go in the woods, yes ou need to knw about survival). My point is Scouts have values(or are more likely to have values then some), and in my opinion the worlds loseing alot of morals fast. Now this is my opinion and I wont go to deep in it cause its off topic and I dont want to break any sight rules k.

Rick
Sorry, that my masculine image offeded you and yes killin to prove your big is not anything to brag about, But knowin this guy better then you do I can safely say i dont think he does it for those reasons. Yes he does have his family stay indoors and dosent go searchin for them they find him. Also he has big crazy dogs (ones half great dane and half German shepard) that have been bitten a few times before when they got to close.But he has young kids (were talkin like 6 here) who he has to look out for. So basicly im just defende him cuase I like him so much hes way cool(my 2 sentances on him did him obviously no justice). I once again am sorry I offended you and some of my other new friends ive met here. BTW what is the best way to captue a rattlesnake withoot hurtin it.

FVR
Love the stories, never been on night dives(actuay only been divin 5 times).

Beo
Yah I know practice makes perect, you ca bet neckt time I go on an over nighter ill be practicin some things lol.

BTW Sarge can you give me that Bread recipe, thanks

Rick
12-04-2007, 12:34 PM
Proud - You didn't offend me at all nor was I trying to belittle your friend. Just offering some observations for those with less experience.

Re: You question about handling a rattlesnake. Not an expert (and a poor amateur) there because we don't have many in my part of the country. Mostly timber rattlers and you won't run into them very often. Cotton mouth or Copperhead is about the worst.

I can tell you vipers can "see" in infra-red using special organs on their head. It's one of the ways they hunt. So even if you place them inside a cloth bag or sack they can still see your heat signature. Those that I've talked to that do handle snakes on a regular basis tell me that when they are in the bag can be the most dangerous time. People can't see the snake so they think the snake can't see them. Your hand on the outside of the bag is just as visible to that snake in the infra-red spectrum as if the bag were not even there.

Beo
12-04-2007, 12:41 PM
Proud American,
If your thinking on going Rangers you can't go wrong just remember to never quit and never give up, that's the true nature of survival, the Ranger will teach you everything you need to know. Further training (if you get a Ranger Regiment) will be done at unit level, problem today is they're doing alot of urban training for over in the middle east but the fundamental basics in Ranger School are always going to be taught. Once at Elgin you'll get more training but its alot of patroling in the swamps, the School of the America's in Panama is real good but not really true survival more jungle navigaton but they do teach a lot of good things but I think that School is closed now or moved. The thing is to get into your unit and get to know the training instructor real good, then see if he can get you some schools of your choice. An MOS (military occupational skill) to get survival schools might be 19D or 19 Delta (Cav Scout), Infantry 11-B, and other jobs of that type. SERE trainng is awesome and really hard course, although Ranger school is probably the hardest school in the Army next to selection for SF and of course Delta, another good job is a Forward Observer. In the Air Force there's the PJs the best the Air Force has to offer, and with the Marine Corps its gonna be Recon, and of course the SEALS in the Navy.
Rangers Lead the Way.
Ranger fact. The saying "Rangers Lead the Way" is not the true motto of the Rangers, the actual motto of the Rangers is "Of Their Own Accord" which is "Sua Sponte" (Of Their Own Accord)

Beo
12-04-2007, 12:54 PM
BTW if your thinking of going Rangers then learn this and commit it to memory becasue they're gonna ask you and want you to know it.
The Ranger Creed
Recognizing that I volunteered as a Ranger, fully knowing the hazards of my chosen profession, I will always endeavor to uphold the prestige, honor, and high “Esprit de Corps” of my Ranger Regiment.

Acknowledging the fact that a Ranger is a more elite soldier who arrives at the cutting edge of battle by land, sea, or air, I accept the fact that as a Ranger my country expects me to move further, faster, and fight harder than any other soldier.

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong, and morally straight and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be. One hundred percent and then some.

Gallantly will I show the world that I am a specially selected and well-trained soldier. My courtesy to superior officers, neatness of dress, and care of equipment shall set the example for others to follow.

Energetically will I meet the enemies of my country. I shall defeat them on the field of battle for I am better trained and will fight with all my might. Surrender is not a Ranger word. I will never leave a fallen comrade to fall into the hands of the enemy and under no circumstances will I ever embarrass my country.

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight on to the Ranger objective and complete the mission, though I be the lone survivor.

Beo
12-04-2007, 01:33 PM
Come to think of it Bear Grylls has the most survival skills of anyone :D See if he'll train you :D

trax
12-04-2007, 07:27 PM
Come to think of it Bear Grylls has the most survival skills of anyone :D See if he'll train you :D

Yeah, if you can survive him training you chances are you can survive anything.

Proud American
12-04-2007, 08:21 PM
LOL thanks all.

Rick thats cool and scarry that vipers have that ability thanks again.

Beowulf
Ill definently get started memorizing it. right away and I all ready have the whole thing thanks.

FVR
12-04-2007, 10:17 PM
One word.

MARINE

Sarge47
12-04-2007, 11:39 PM
One word.

MARINE

OOOHHHH-RAHHH!!!! Semper Fi!:eek:

Proud American
12-05-2007, 08:42 PM
One word.

MARINE

Theres some Marie Pride here I like that.

Sarge
OOOHHHH-RAHHH!!!! Semper Fi!

Cant tell what you mean by Sepmper Fi

Rick
12-05-2007, 08:48 PM
Proud - Semper Fi is Latin. It is short for Semper Fidelis, which means Always Faithful. It is best known as the motto for the U.S. Marine Corps but it is also the motto for:

Cadetcorps of the Dutch Royal Military Academy
The Devonshire Regiment
U.S. 11th Infantry Regiment
The West Nova Scotia Regiment
Swiss Grenadier Regiment
Military Institute of Engineering, Brazilian Army
Submarine Force, Chilean Navy

to name a few.;)

Proud American
12-05-2007, 09:02 PM
O well thanks, And hey good sayins like tha should be used thanks

trax
12-10-2007, 05:03 PM
I answered your question the way I did the first time because what Beowulf said is true...once you reach a certain level of training, it's a moot point. All of those organizations train their members to th nth degree to survive pretty much anything and there are still others that do as well too, the Israeli Mossad springs to mind as one.

What matters is your personal commitment if and when you get to the place where you can get that level of training. And remember this, they're training you to stay alive in any situation so that you're around to kill other guys...who might have just as good training as you have, or might not need it because they're indigenous to the area...

Just some thoughts, I guess it comes back to what I said before, the ones that get to go home obviously have the best survival skills.

FVR
12-10-2007, 09:57 PM
Or just a little more luck.

Proud American
12-11-2007, 09:11 AM
Lucks fine with me. So many instinces wars have been changed by luck! Train hard for everything but when the divine or luck steps in to help you out TAKE IT!

trax
12-11-2007, 12:02 PM
Or just a little more luck. Good point bro, they're certainly not the same thing, but they can certainly amount to the same ends.

Beo
12-13-2007, 04:10 PM
Luck is the paying off of mental attitude and the practice of your skills.
But Ranger Rick surpasses all those groups :D

trax
12-13-2007, 04:19 PM
Napoleon said "Don't bring me the man who's good, bring me the man who's lucky."

Sarge47
12-13-2007, 05:51 PM
Napoleon said "Don't bring me the man who's good, bring me the man who's lucky."

And Josephine said: "Just bring me a man who's taller that 3'1".:rolleyes:

trax
12-13-2007, 06:32 PM
Really Sarge? I thought she said, "Hey Shorty....wanna get lucky?" :D

sticks65
12-14-2007, 11:52 AM
TONY UK the Paras and RM dont do the same trainning as the SAS i know this for a fact theSAS and SBS do selection together and then go there seperate ways if PARAS and RM did do the same trainning why do they have to do selection to become an SAS Trouper.

trax
12-14-2007, 05:38 PM
Yeah Tony! What Sticks said! <ok sticks, get back out in the driveway and start shoveling, I got this one>